resale questions..

hmire

Mouseketeer
I am just thinking about this. If disney adds restrictions to a resale contract are you grandfathered in because you bought before the restrictions where made? ex: Those of you that bought resale before they put the restrictions on last year. Are you still able to use Disney collection and the other things?

I am just thinking about this. If disney adds restrictions to a resale contract are you grandfathered in because you bought before the restrictions where made? ex: Those of you that bought resale before they put the restrictions on last year. Are you still able to use Disney collection and the other things?
Yes, they instituted a cutoff into the future and grandfathered existing members. They didn't have to but this is usually the way this type of change is made with timeshares. I think the most logical expectations is that any changes going forward will affect those who already have non qualified points as well. I believe you can count on equal access to all current DVC resorts as existing members, likely RCI and less likely to BVTC. If they institute a VIP program, it's likely these on qualified points wouldn't count. I don't believe current resale buyers will be protected from future changes beyond that though it's possible.

When a grandfathered contract is sold, it is no longer grandfathered so effectively your points are worth less.

:earsboy: Bill

When a grandfathered contract is sold, it is no longer grandfathered so effectively your points are worth less.

:earsboy: Bill

Same is true for those who buy direct. When they sell, those points are worth less as well.

Not really. They can still be used at the home resort which is all that is guaranteed. So they really haven't lost any worth at all. We all know perks come and go like the weather.

Not really. They can still be used at the home resort which is all that is guaranteed. So they really haven't lost any worth at all. We all know perks come and go like the weather.
I don't think it's quite that bad. As I read the legal paperwork I think we're guaranteed potential access with a priority window to our home resort and delayed potential access subject to availability at other club resorts for both qualified and non qualified points as is currently the case. While a resort could exit the club, there are prescribed ways for them to do so. Other than potential VIP access related to wait lists and specialized reservation options, I don't think there's any legal way they could limit non home resort access to club resorts that would draw a line between qualified and non qualified members/points. For example, they could not simply remove access to other existing resorts or have one lead time for qualified points and another for non qualified.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter