Resale Owners Can’t Borrow Points Online

They have been doing the sweep on Thursdays since last year. The borrowing issue is not for everyone. Some owners have always been able to and others have not.
I see. Thanks!! It’s so inconsistent it drives me nuts! Constantly looking for the pattern.

It happened to me when I was trying to
- modify an existing 1 bedroom reservation to another resort (not my home resort)
- at exactly 7 months
- I needed to borrow about 20 points (well under 50 percent limit)
- I have an SSR resale contract
- purchased in 2019
- I've definitely been able to borrow points before so this was a new issue.

I don't know if that helps you determine your pattern! You might want to start a thread to solicit info from owners to whom this has happened! (Kind of like the sales thread!)

FWIW, when I asked the phone CM, she said it's a glitch that's been happening with some resale contracts, but they don't know why and it's nothing I did wrong. Looking at my points activity statement, it looks like she had to do a manual adjustment to how my points are allocated and then a manual adjustment to borrow the points. So the glitch is something to do with point allocations between use years. :confused3

Anybody found a real resolution to this feature :rotfl2:?

I'm having the same issue. Luckily I had read this thread a while back and ran into this issue while making a 7-month reservation. For me, the problem is if I try to borrow points twice from the same contract. I had borrowed 1 point from UY22 for a previous reservation from contract .2, now I need to borrow the rest of the 50% from that contract. It specifically will not let me borrow from that contract. It will let me borrow from all my direct and other resale contracts. This is a very specific IT problem that should be easily fixed by the right developer.

I do wonder if anybody else can confirm this was actually their situation as well (borrowing twice from the same contract) as opposed to just borrowing for the first time from a resale contract?

I am in all honesty about to sell the contract I bought a few months ago. I am trying to book for Thanksgiving, and I just realized I keep getting the dwarves (I never want to see them again) because I cannot borrow points online. The rooms for Thanksgiving appear and disappear in a second. How am I going to call, sit on hold for an absurd amount of time and then actually have any shot of the room still being available? And how can the Disney be so awful that they haven’t fixed this yet? Because they don’t care to since I bought resale. I can’t believe I spent my money on this, booking a vacation with something I own shouldn’t be so difficult. My Universal trip last month was a hell of a lot easier than this nonsense. I have been to Disney many, many times over the last few years, sometimes 3 times in a year, so this is not complaining from someone who doesn’t love Disney. Rant over, but I am definitely considering selling the contract due to this. I’d rather just pay more money and book my vacation online without all this nonsense.

I am in all honesty about to sell the contract I bought a few months ago. I am trying to book for Thanksgiving, and I just realized I keep getting the dwarves (I never want to see them again) because I cannot borrow points online. The rooms for Thanksgiving appear and disappear in a second. How am I going to call, sit on hold for an absurd amount of time and then actually have any shot of the room still being available? And how can the Disney be so awful that they haven’t fixed this yet? Because they don’t care to since I bought resale. I can’t believe I spent my money on this, booking a vacation with something I own shouldn’t be so difficult. My Universal trip last month was a hell of a lot easier than this nonsense. I have been to Disney many, many times over the last few years, sometimes 3 times in a year, so this is not complaining from someone who doesn’t love Disney. Rant over, but I am definitely considering selling the contract due to this. I’d rather just pay more money and book my vacation online without all this nonsense.

Exactly. By the time you get someone on the phone, availability is gone. Really frustrating. Sometimes there will be available online but on the phone they don’t see it!! I’ve been making dummy reservations for the same amount of points I need on the phone and then when availability pops up for what I really want, I go in online and change it. It’s the only way to get a decent shot at sensitive reservation dates.

My workaround was that I borrowed the maximum manually through MS then I just used them as needed. Then I plan to bank my current use year points I don’t need. I will have to use them next year. Won’t be able to double bank.

I think something was going on when mixing with banked points from previous owner but not sure maybe it was just the borrowing....
Sorry. Very frustrating I know. It better not happen next year!

Anybody found a real resolution to this feature :rotfl2:?

I'm having the same issue. Luckily I had read this thread a while back and ran into this issue while making a 7-month reservation. For me, the problem is if I try to borrow points twice from the same contract. I had borrowed 1 point from UY22 for a previous reservation from contract .2, now I need to borrow the rest of the 50% from that contract. It specifically will not let me borrow from that contract. It will let me borrow from all my direct and other resale contracts. This is a very specific IT problem that should be easily fixed by the right developer.

I do wonder if anybody else can confirm this was actually their situation as well (borrowing twice from the same contract) as opposed to just borrowing for the first time from a resale contract?
Exactly the same , was able to borrow one time from each contract, not a second time. And on the page that ask you how many points you want to borrow, the remaining number of points available to borrow is not accurate.

Last edited:

I emailed them and here is their response:
Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in request and will be happy to assist you.

There are currently challenges borrowing on some Resale contracts. Until this challenge is resolved, please call us if you need to borrow.

Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800.

Should you have any additional questions, please reply by return email with those details and we will be happy to assist you further.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.
Click on the following link to complete our survey.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in planning your or your Guest's magical vacation!

Thank you and have a magical day,

Donna
Member Services | Onl

I can't believe they don't have someone testing the software to figure this out. It really shouldn't take that long. I'd be happy to troubleshoot for them and tell them what to fix.... :rotfl2:

And on the page that ask you how many points you want to borrow, the remaining number of points available to borrow is not accurate.
Yes! Mine also! I was so worried I would end up going over the 50% on the contract I know was showing up wrong and having my reservation cancelled...

But just remember it is not all resale contracts. I have no issues borrowing on either of my memberships with lots of resale points. There is something glitching that impacts certain owners and not others.

But just remember it is not all resale contracts. I have no issues borrowing on either of my memberships with lots of resale points. There is something glitching that impacts certain owners and not others.
I think it is when you try to borrow the second time on the same contract. Because I was able to borrow one time on each contract and both are resale. Not sure it is a matter of resale or not, even if they said so. Did you try Sandisw borrowing from the same contract a second time ? Resale or direct? We could have a clue with that information. And when I check the point remaining on both contracts it is accurate, but when I try to borrow more points , the number of points available to borrow is not accurate.

I was able to borrow (7) of my 2022 UY points to book online at my home resort and my contract is a resale contract. The funny thing is that at 7 months, I waitlisted for Riviera and the waitlist filled so now I can say that I was able to borrow online AND book Riviera with those borrowed resale points. I'm sure that the "difference" is that my resale contract was purchased in 2008...well before any restrictions were put into place, so it is treated like a "direct" contract.

I think it is when you try to borrow the second time on the same contract. Because I was able to borrow one time on each contract and both are resale. Not sure it is a matter of resale or not, even if they said so. Did you try Sandisw borrowing from the same contract a second time ? Resale or direct? We could have a clue with that information. And when I check the point remaining on both contracts it is accurate, but when I try to borrow more points , the number of points available to borrow is not accurate.

No issues for me doing that in terms of borrowing twice. It just doesn’t make sense because it’s no rhyme or reason.

Thank you all for your posts and your workarounds. I sat on hold for 1 hour today and finally had someone in MS book a dummy reservation for me with the max points I can borrow. The whole process took 1.5 hours which really is not acceptable, but I’m glad it’s done.

No issues for me doing that in terms of borrowing twice. It just doesn’t make sense because it’s no rhyme or reason.
IT is sometimes a real mystery .... what we know for sure is that there is a problem with borrowing points. That not every contract have the problem, maybe it is with new membership number and not type of contract, who knows? All I know is that I will have to call to borrow more points :rotfl2:

I emailed them and here is their response:
Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your interest in request and will be happy to assist you.

There are currently challenges borrowing on some Resale contracts. Until this challenge is resolved, please call us if you need to borrow.

Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800.

Should you have any additional questions, please reply by return email with those details and we will be happy to assist you further.

Disney Vacation Club values our Members' feedback and would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a survey on the service I provided you today.
Click on the following link to complete our survey.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with in planning your or your Guest's magical vacation!

Thank you and have a magical day,

Donna
Member Services | Onl
Can you send me the email address? I want to reach out to them as well. I love the “please call us if you need to borrow,” like it’s a quick call. Only Disney can get away with this stuff. If my company operated like that, ignoring an obvious IT issue that needs to be troubleshooted, we would have a mass exodus of customers.

IT is sometimes a real mystery .... what we know for sure is that there is a problem with borrowing points. That not every contract have the problem, maybe it is with new membership number and not type of contract, who knows? All I know is that I will have to call to borrow more points :rotfl2:
Make sure you have 2 hours blocked off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter