Resale on Aulani

Rest&Relax

Ears at Rest
Was wonder how close Aulani is to be sold out. Considering buying resale and prices are very reasonable but I’m not ready to buy yet. Do you think the prices on resale will be higher in a couple of years when I’m ready or do you think it will stay about the same?

It’s not close to selling out. Will prices go up on resale, there is no real way to tell. If the economy stays good it might, if the economy goes south so will retail prices. Aulani has high maintenance fees, try to find a subsidized contract. There were some issues that went on early when DVC was selling Aulani, those contracts have cheaper fees.

There is also risk that many of Aulani's ocean views will be diminished by development nearby.

Aulani prices definitely seem to be trending downwards. I was real close to buying a 400 point subsidized contract but I am going to actually stay there for a few nights this summer first. I have been reading a lot of negative reviews on TripAdvisor though. Apparently it's quite a crowded resort for a lot of people. Will reserve my opinion .......

Just my opinion only, anything can happen.

I don't think Aulani will go up much in price, because DVC hasn't set a ROFR bar for Aulani yet, letting pretty much everything pass. DVC is far from selling out Aulani, it seems like most DVC related websites estimate it will take another 10+ years to sell out. So, without ROFR, I don't see the price going up much.

Of course, price doesn't mean much if you will be stretch thin financially to buy DVC. That's the right time to buy (even if price goes up), it better to wait until you can wing it comfortably in the financial dept.

Great3

Aulani prices definitely seem to be trending downwards. I was real close to buying a 400 point subsidized contract but I am going to actually stay there for a few nights this summer first. I have been reading a lot of negative reviews on TripAdvisor though. Apparently it's quite a crowded resort for a lot of people. Will reserve my opinion .......
I own at Aulani. I regret the purchase. I wish I had used that cash to buy at the world and booked Aulani at 7 months. It is a beautiful resort but I am one of the people that find it very crowded. My kids and husband move it though.

I own at Aulani. I regret the purchase. I wish I had used that cash to buy at the world and booked Aulani at 7 months. It is a beautiful resort but I am one of the people that find it very crowded. My kids and husband move it though.
Love it. Sorry.

I own three contacts at Aulani and love it. It can be crowded but I go to the beach in front of the hotel and always find a beach chair.

I'm new to DVC. My wife's family has had it since the mid-90s but they've mostly stayed at OKW and SSR. In the last few years I've stayed at those two resorts with them so they the only ones I can compare to.

However, my wife and I went to Aulani using their DVC points in 2015. The resort was amazing and I agree with many here that have the opinion that it is the best if you consider the resort only. It was a bit crowded but nothing prohibitive and if you are doing a couples only stay the adult pool was not crowded at all. The lazy river and water park in general are fantastic. The resort is beautiful, especially the beach seating. For families, the man made calm cove is really great for kids to use with peace of mind for parents.

Obviously the location is great being on Hawaii and all but the travel and the fact that it is not a WDW resort is the large downside. I've been monitoring the 7-month window for all resorts and it never seems like Aulani is difficult to book. It may make more sense to buy a cheaper contract with both per point cost and maintenance fee cost like SSR and just book at Aulani at 7 months.

Until Disney decides to start exercising its ROFR on Aulani, there is very little market incentive that would cause the resale price to increase. A big reason why Aulani has not sold out is that few people form the east coast decide to purchase there given its an 11 hour flight and for the obvious reason that it is not centrally located to a Disney Theme Park (a big reason why people buy into DVC). The demand is simply not the same as with the Orlando Resorts. With all that, however, given the low resale value, Aulani could be an attractive resort to own IF you plan on staying regularly, especially for West Coast buyers. The only draw back being the higher MF, however, that may be baked into the cake, hence the low resale value compared to the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter