Resale Boardwalk

Markk1

Earning My Ears
Hi, I am new to the forum and wanted to buy a boardwalk villa through the resale market, I was wondering if there is a way to find out what people are paying for bwv through resale as we do not want to pay too much or also offend anyone by our offer, any help is appreciated.

Just a personal opinion
Under 100 points, don’t pay more than $130, start offers at $115
Between 100-125, max of $125, start offers at $110
Between 126-199 points, aim for max of $115, first offer around $105
over 200, aim for $100-110, start bidding at $95

it also depends on how loaded contracts are, could increase bids by $5ppt for fully loaded especially with BWV only having 21 years left.

Best tip I can give is if you are in no rush be hyper aggressive on first bid and be patient.
Also, remember offering a full offer with seller paying dues and closing costs can be better than saving $10 a point and paying those yourself

Just a personal opinion
Under 100 points, don’t pay more than $130, start offers at $115
Between 100-125, max of $125, start offers at $110
Between 126-199 points, aim for max of $115, first offer around $105
over 200, aim for $100-110, start bidding at $95

it also depends on how loaded contracts are, could increase bids by $5ppt for fully loaded especially with BWV only having 21 years left.

Best tip I can give is if you are in no rush be hyper aggressive on first bid and be patient.
Also, remember offering a full offer with seller paying dues and closing costs can be better than saving $10 a point and paying those yourself
Good insight

Just be aware that contracts in the past week have been taken by Disney around $110 to $115. While that doesn’t mean nothing lower will get through, but it does give you an idea that lower than that has a higher risk.

I think $115 to $125 is a good price right now for contracts. As mentioned, you can start lower but also don’t let a few dollars stop you from buying a contract that is perfect for your needs.

I did that this summer. Paid $150 for BLT when other were going closer to $140. In the end, it was worth it to get.

I just bought a Boardwalk resale contract a few months ago. 150 points listed at $125pp and I ended up getting it for $120pp. It's a bit higher than others I've seen, but it had double points so I jumped on it! Without double points, I think that $115ish would be reasonable.

I just bought a BWV 50 point contract with my UY and paid $140 a point. A little high, but BWV 50 point contracts that match your UY are hard to come by. Plus this contract had banked points, so I got 100 points upon purchase. With the points I had from my previous contract, in addition to the BWV contract I bought, I have been able to book a 5 night stay at SSR in April and a 6 night stay at BCV in July.

Point being, you have to weigh the importance of UY, points the contract has on it and if you’ll be able to use them, etc.

You need to go on these links. They are SO SO useful.

One tells you average resale prices from the last full calendar month and the previous 12 months per resort.

The other tells you the highest ROFR from the last full calendar month and the previous 12 months per resort.

Obviously it's only those related to the reseller who's page they are on, but it's great information. I wouldn't buy anything anywhere without viewing these.

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-resale-average-sales-prices-for-january-2021/
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-report-rofr-january-21-report/

Good luck, we have never regretted our purchase of BWV.
Just be sure to do your research so you know what you are and are not getting.

Congrats to all the new BWV owners.....We have 300 pts..2/contracts....purchased in 2000 & 2011.....We rarely stay anywhere else....location,location.......Just returned from a week with 10 family members in a 2 bd rm and a studio.....Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter