Requesting Certain Hours?

ladypage

<font color=royalblue>And that's how the story abo
Obviously we won't have too many decisions on our schedles, but is it possible to request certain times of day? I love working mornings, so would it be possible for me to request morning shifts?

You can certainly make a request to the Workforce Management scheduler responsible for your area. However, such requests are based solely on the labour needs of the area, as well as on the Full Time Schedule Bids.

In the case of CPs, getting morning shifts on anything other than an exceptional basis is highly unlikely. Everyone wants to work in the morning, so the shifts are generally given to Full Time and Casual Regular (Part Time) Cast Members first before anyone else.

Obviously we won't have too many decisions on our schedles, but is it possible to request certain times of day? I love working mornings, so would it be possible for me to request morning shifts?

You can attempt to request it, but you will be denied. Most scheduling managers get irritated by requests like this from CP's because when you sign your contract, you say that you have FULL availability. Morning shifts are usually very hard to come by as a CP. More than likely, you will close all the time.

My daughter is in the college program and she works many many early morning shifts. She generally gets off any time between 1AM and 3AM, though with grad nights coming up, she's getting off at 5AM.

I'm sure that's not what you had in mind.:)

Chances of getting morning shifts are very rare, and the only place you would be likely to get them is Animal Kingdom. You will only get a day shift after all the full time cast have been scheduled to their bids. Disney will typically schedule Cp's into the required needed shifts to make sure the area can be closed before filling in the rest. During my 6 months CP I only opened 4times.

your role can have a lot to do with your schedule too. Once I was trained at Auto Plaza, the majority of my shifts were mornings, the latest we got out was 7:30 PM (holidays not withstanding). I <3 Autoplaza (During the Christmas holidays, first in at AP was 5:45AM, I picked up a couple of those and loved them)

Ok, thanks! That makes sense. I'm used to nobody wanting morning shifts, not the other day around! If that's the case I can just take whatever shifts they give me. No complaints here lol

Costuming has early shifts too. (They also have some pretty late ones.) I had shifts start as early as 5:30am, but most of my early shifts started at 6 or 7am. I ended up with those a few times a month & when I did, I usually had 2 or 3 of them in a row.

If you don't have a car, early shift suck. The busses don't really start getting to the parks & resorts till after 6, so I always had to call for an early pick up at 5, but since I lived at Chatham & the 5am run was only from Vista, I had to take the 4:35 mk bus to vista, just so I could get to work on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!