Report on recent stay at Candy Cane Inn (Aug 7-10)

I always request rooms in the 120's because they are on the shuttle side, further back but not too far back (for trying to limit distance)I've been a CCI fan for many years. I appreciate CCI's friendly service, the free shuttle, and the $10 return discount is nice too. I love their very soft beds (I always bring my own pillow so that's not a concern of mine).

I do have to agree the last time I stayed there, this Spring, the room did seem darkish and the carpet old and stained. Not dirty just old and stained. I would prefer a hot breakfast to the continental offerings--some of which (donuts for example) did not look all that fresh. As far as the shutter blinds, for me they are hard to get closed completely at night! There's always some light coming in.

As a fun FYI, ask for a pen and they will give you a Candy Cane shaped pen (yes it does say CCI on it but still cute) I had Goofy autograph a postcard using one of these pens and he pretended to take a bite of the "candy" :)
This is good info. Thanks! I may return at some point; I liked many things about CCI and next time I would have a better idea what to request.

I don't know if they've done this in all the rooms or not but ours did not have carpet. It was that laminate wood flooring and it was nice.

I've actually considered packing my own pillow in my suitcase but it takes up so much room :D. I have (and prefer) a small, squishy down pillow with not too much fluff. Maybe if I got one of those plastic bags that you can squeeze the air out of, I could bring it in my suitcase. I'd be afraid I'd forget it, though!

Glad to help :) I usually stay in the low 120's just as a further FYI. That is interesting about the laminate flooring because I was pretty sure I had read on here before my most recent stay that someone else's room had it. I was a little surprised to see the carpet. I forgot about that. Pillows definitely take up space, I don't have that issue being local. My pillow is old, flat, yet soft :) Should I stay at CCI again, I will definitely ask about laminate flooring in rooms. To me, it's so much cleaner and healthier than carpet!

Candy Cane used to be our go-to until they put us in a first-floor room at the front of the building. The landscape lights shone directly into the windows all night long (the shades were not at all adequate) and the people walking past on the sidewalk were noisy until very, very late. It was really hard to sleep. Then the trash pickup noise very early. The front desk staff were pretty dismissive when we complained, and we decided to look elsewhere after that.

We always get a downstairs room in the premium section (back wall of the loop.) .It is usually pretty quiet. It was my understanding the premium and deluxe rooms now have laminate, standard rooms still have carpet.

We always get a downstairs room in the premium section (back wall of the loop.) .It is usually pretty quiet. It was my understanding the premium and deluxe rooms now have laminate, standard rooms still have carpet.
We usually get the upstairs rooms in the premium section -- agree that it is usually pretty quiet there and not dark. The floors are laminate.

We usually get the upstairs rooms in the premium section -- agree that it is usually pretty quiet there and not dark. The floors are laminate.
This is not a very important consideration, but have you ever been in the room when the fireworks went off? Normally I would still be in the parks, but for various reasons, for 2 of our nights we were in the room at the time they went off. OMG, so loud!!!!! I didn't even realize what I was hearing at first. It sounded like someone was banging on a big piece of sheet metal at first! I don't know why it was so loud there because it's not that close to the place where they set them off, is it? Anyway, I wondered if it was bouncing off the backdrop of Carsland, which is directly behind the hotel, and was louder toward the back.

Wow, no, I don't think we have. Interesting to note though. I have been at the Fairfield and it felt like they were going off outside out door, whereas at Hojo's, it didn't seem bad!! I found that a little strange!

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It sucks when you pay for a premium room and get a really bad experience. Pretty ridiculous that the premium room is not really premium.

Thank you for sharing your review. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. It sucks when you pay for a premium room and get a really bad experience. Pretty ridiculous that the premium room is not really premium.
I didn't really have a terrible experience, but it was more like a series of unfortunate events :) . The main problem was the room we were assigned, and I think forewarned is forearmed. I thought if anyone else is going to be staying, be sure to take note of which rooms/areas to request and which ones to avoid, and know the setup before you go. I personally would request a second floor room next time (but I don't remember seeing elevators so if you have a mobility issue, that might not work). I'd want to be above the parking lot. We had a deluxe room (308 sq ft) which is larger than a standard (264 sq ft). The premium room is 350 sq ft. The manager kept saying we had a premium room but I only booked a deluxe. For some reason, we were given a handicapped room (there is an HA on the reservation for that). The manager said that's what I'd booked but when I got home and checked, that wasn't true and I was pretty sure it wasn't true because I knew not to get an HA room when I booked.

I didn't really have a terrible experience, but it was more like a series of unfortunate events :) . The main problem was the room we were assigned, and I think forewarned is forearmed. I thought if anyone else is going to be staying, be sure to take note of which rooms/areas to request and which ones to avoid, and know the setup before you go. I personally would request a second floor room next time (but I don't remember seeing elevators so if you have a mobility issue, that might not work). I'd want to be above the parking lot. We had a deluxe room (308 sq ft) which is larger than a standard (264 sq ft). The premium room is 350 sq ft. The manager kept saying we had a premium room but I only booked a deluxe. For some reason, we were given a handicapped room (there is an HA on the reservation for that). The manager said that's what I'd booked but when I got home and checked, that wasn't true and I was pretty sure it wasn't true because I knew not to get an HA room when I booked.
Well it's good information to know. I like my pillows like the down pillows so, the pillow issue you had would definitely be an issue for me. And I have read other reviews about the thin walls. I like to sleep in as well so, this is as ll good to know.

Thank you to the OP for the review and tips. I'm staying at CCI with my adult daughter for 4 nights in October. We have a Deluxe room booked and I'll be sure to request a quiet room on the 2nd floor. We stayed there *years* ago when same daughter was about 5 :-) and loved it then. I can't wait to see if it holds up to our memories. I do love the location, on the same side of Harbor, and the private shuttle if we don't feel like walking.

Can anyone tell me the hours that breakfast is offered each morning?

Breakfast is 6am-930am I think. I am usually a premium room and they deliver breakfast. And I usually have it delivered at 6-615a.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts