Replacements for Aladdin on the Wish?

thor was shown as the replacement for the show that isn't yet ready for the ship (aladdin).
Two strikes against it.
A movie replacing a missing show.
And a movie that small children cannot see.
So on a 4 night cruise, there was only family entertainment in the theater on 2 nights.
What was the fourth nigh? Wasn't there a guest performer? I think that counts as family entertainment. Only 1/4 nights was a movie and, if we're being honest, most families have no problem with Thor. It's only inappropriate for younger children.

The two nights of Little Mermaid is annoying to me. That essentially means one night of no show unless someone really loves it and wants to see it two nights in a row. And with a b2b, that’s 4 nights of Little Mermaid. I personally feel there should be a unique show of some sort every night and if Aladdin isn’t ready there should a second performer brought onboard (and the movie option only if it’s a brand new release).
Early reports have said that the theater is always packed on Little Mermaid night and that some people have been turned away from the show. That's why they started adding an extra afternoon performance. I suspect that they're showing Little Mermaid on two nights in order to accommodate everyone and that they'll stop doing so once demand dies down or when Aladdin is ready, whichever happens first.

this was a replacement for a show night, which shouldn't ever be a movie.
They do that frequently on the longer cruises like the Panama Canal and trans-Atlantic Disney cruises one night will have a movie night in the Walt Disney there and a family game shown during the regular times ongoing so people can come and go, at least that was in 2007 and 2008.

bravo!! i really slammed guest services on our july 25th disney wish cruise over their decision to replace aladdin with a movie.
i went to guest services 3 times about it, trying to speak with someone in authority....
I questioned why they hadn't brought in a live act as they do on other ships when they need to fill a night..
apparently they listened as on your cruise you had a juggler instead of a movie..
bravo disney for listening...
Oh good. The schedule worked well for us, especially repeating Little Mermaid as we missed one of the showings as we had a reservation at Enchante.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter