• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renting points

Atchley

"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"
I don't know if this is allowed or not so please let me know if it is not.
How would I go about renting my left over points? Is there a site or company that does that and if so, could you give me the name.
Thanks.

You can rent them here on the DIS or there are some brokers that you pay to help you find someone to rent to.

:earsboy: Bill

Look at the rent trade board to get an idea of what people do.

I don't know if this is allowed or not so please let me know if it is not.
How would I go about renting my left over points? Is there a site or company that does that and if so, could you give me the name.
Thanks.
There is a rent/trade DVC board here on the disboards. You must be signed in to see it and there are rules as to how you can advertise your points. Owners set their own terms for rental/payment and retain all monies paid by the renter. A fee must be paid to the disboards if you are not a active poster (you must have a certain number of posts over the past 6 months in order to have the fee waived).

There are discussion boards which allow posters to create threads for "reservation wanted". Owners can contact the renters thru the PM system or via email if it's been posted. Owners set their own rental/payment terms and retain all monies paid by the renter.

There are brokers that will pair owners and potential renters without acting as a go-between (IOW, renters post what they want with an offer as to what they are willing to pay and then interested owners are put in contact with them). Owners pay a fee to be a member of the site but set their own rental/payment terms and retain all monies paid by the renter.

There are brokers that will pair potential renters with owners who have offered their points to be used for rentals thru the broker. The broker keeps a portion of the payment in escrow until the rental starts. They also take about $4/pt. for themselves. Owners agree to the rental terms as set by the broker.

We can assist you with that. Here is a link to our "owner's information section" or you can give our team a call, toll free, at 800-610-5791: http://www.dvcrequest.com/dvc-members.asp

~ David

I recently used this service and it was easy peasy. They had a renter for my points within about 2 hours of them being listed. It may not happen this fast all the time, but I think they have more renters than points right now, so it probably wouldn't take them too long to get your points rented.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter