Renting points, modifying booking

Jools7667

Earning My Ears
We've just bought a resale contract and are renting out some soon to expire points with a confirmed booking. Everyone tells potential renters not to pay anything until they are able to link their booking into MDE.
So I just want to check the right way to do this,
We get all their details and modify the booking
Give them the confirmation number, they then link to MDE
Then they pay us

What happens if they don’t pay and the booking is linked to their MDE, do I still have overall control of the booking on my dashboard and remove their details if necessary?
Also is there a cut off time for modifying details - can name be changed right up until check in time?

Thank you

You always have control of the reservation in the sense that you can cancel it. You can’t change the lead name without going through Member Services. I don’t know about a cut off time for modifying the names.

When I rented, I gave them 24 hours to complete full payment. If they didn’t, I canceled it.

Since this is a confirmed reservation, you just need to contact MS to change the names. I have added names as close as a few days before check in.

You always have control of the reservation in the sense that you can cancel it. You can’t change the lead name without going through Member Services. I don’t know about a cut off time for modifying the names.
Ok thanks didn’t realise I couldn’t change the lead name. I'll speak to member services tomorrow.

When I rented, I gave them 24 hours to complete full payment. If they didn’t, I canceled it.

Since this is a confirmed reservation, you just need to contact MS to change the names. I have added names as close as a few days before check in.
Thank you yes I'll definitely give them a deadline for payment

facebook twitter