Renting points from an owner

cruisers5

Earning My Ears
Hi....I did have the page bookmarked on my computer at work to contact owners directly about renting points. Now that I’m retired and ready to travel I don’t have the site from the forum anymore. Can some give me the link for this forum where I can contact the owners directly about renting their points for accommodations. Thank you

I assume this is what you are looking for.

https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/

There are also a couple of companies that allow you to rent from a third party with a few more guarantees.

I know David's is one of the major players. I have never rented from or through him, but I hear a lot of good things.

https://www.dvcrequest.com/

If you are planning to do this, I suggest you scroll down a little further on the main forums page to the Disney Vacation Club Forums and start doing some investigating.

I used to rent points for $10, 4 years ago Imdid for $13, I just priced out the Villas at The Wilderness with some company and they want $17 a point. I think Dave's is around $14. Good luck, the secret is out and it is not a huge savings any more.

OMG it is still a huge savings! We had 7 nights at the Boardwalk Studio last October for about $250 a night (and that was through David's, which is usually a bit more than going through an owner directly). That's about half the price over disney.

I used to rent points for $10, 4 years ago Imdid for $13, I just priced out the Villas at The Wilderness with some company and they want $17 a point. I think Dave's is around $14. Good luck, the secret is out and it is not a huge savings any more.
David's is $16/pt. plus a $1/pt. premium home resort charge for certain resorts when booking during the 11-7 month home booking period.

OP, if you're looking to rent directly from an owner you may want to check the rent/trade board, which @disneyeveryyear linked to in their post. You must be logged into the disboards to see that forum.

As far as savings is concerned, there are times when it is less expensive to go thru Disney to get a hotel room than it is to rent a reservation from a DVC owner due to the high point requirements during certain seasons and the available discounts for the general public that Disney offers at their resorts. It pays to comparison shop.

One more thing: DVC rentals tend to be non-refundable and non-changeable. Most owners will require payment in full after providing the renter with a confirmation number, although some will allow some sort of payment plan.

For Sept through Jan, make sure you aren't trying to rent points any later than seven months out. And that might even be too late. Members book their home resorts at 11 months out and non-home resorts at seven months out. If you are looking at F&W and want an Epcot resort, you need to book at 11 months out if you want a studio. Same for Halloween parties and the MK resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter