Renting out studio part of 2BR villa

macman123

DIS Veteran
Im trying to stay at VGC. I usually stay in a 1BR

They have dates I want dont have studios or a 1BR but they do have a 2BR.

Has anyone here ever booked a 2BR and 'rented' out the studio part of a stay?

Is that even allowed? You could probably get cash from family or friends, and add them on the room. And check to see if it is a lock off or a dedicated 2BR (I don't know the layout of the VGC 2BR's, so there may not even be lock offs). Otherwise I don't see how you would do it, you would have to use your points to book it.

Yes, I get they would have access to my room.

But I really dont need a 2BR and it seems such a waste to get one when I only need a 1BR

Re it being allowed, you aren't meant to rent points, but people do it.

Yes, I get they would have access to my room.

But I really dont need a 2BR and it seems such a waste to get one when I only need a 1BR

Re it being allowed, you aren't meant to rent points, but people do it.

Renting is allowed per the POS so as owners we are allowed to do that. Payment for transfers between membership is not because points themselves have no actual value…but a reservation does.

The harder part though may be getting someone willing to accept a reservation knowing you would have access to their room as well.

Honestly, I would not worry about taking a 2 bedroom even though it’s not the right room size if you want to go.

To be clear, if it's a 2BR, there's only one entry door. Unlike a lock-off, everyone has to enter through the same door. I think this is more of an" invite friends" than a "rent out part of your room" scenario.

Even were it a lock off you should only do this with people you are comfortable walking into your bathroom.

I think it couldn’t be a lock off or else a 1 bdrm would’ve been available. Glad you got your reservation!

I did enjoy the crafty thought process though.

Heck for what, $300 a night I'd share the bathroom-at the same time.

Even were it a lock off you should only do this with people you are comfortable walking into your bathroom.
With a lock off, you can close off access between the rooms but all keys would work on both outside doors. If you put the hard lock on the outside door, your bathroom would be safe.

With a lock off, you can close off access between the rooms but all keys would work on both outside doors. If you put the hard lock on the outside door, your bathroom would be safe.
Until they walk in off the other door. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter