Renting an RV

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
Has anyone ever rented an RV and driven to Florida? My parents want to take a total of 4 adults and 5 maybe 6 kids (the oldest being 15 and the youngest 3) to WDW. We were thinking that it would be cheaper to rent an RV and make the drive versus flying. Just looking for some tips if anyone has them

You may want to post this over on the camping board in order to get more responses.

The most obvious problem I see is that most rentals are class Cs, and only have seatbelts for 7 people. Three of those are on the couch, which would mean riding sideways, which is not good for those of us who get carsick! It would also be hard to sleep more than 7 comfortably, unless you took a little tent for the kids. Really check out price carefully, most charge mileage plus base fee (plus your gas), so that will add up quickly when you're only getting 10 mpg.

We love our RV, but that would be a LOT of people at once! I'd probably look into renting a BIG van, and then getting connecting rooms at the AllStars (or two cabins at Ft W).

Good luck!
Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter