rental car heads up!

Try renting a car from a local person through the Turo app. You could probably get a car for way cheaper and help a local person to make some money in these tough times too. It is a great way to rent!
Have you used the Turo app? What was your experience?

Have you used the Turo app? What was your experience?
Yes, we have used Turo a couple of times (not in Hawaii though) and had great experiences both times, so I’d definitely recommend it. My advice is to use an experienced renter who has a car with lots of trips and good reviews so you know they are more reputable. We have a car booked through Turo on Oahu in September and it was a much nicer car for a much cheaper price than the regular car rental companies were offering.

Yes, we have used Turo a couple of times (not in Hawaii though) and had great experiences both times, so I’d definitely recommend it. My advice is to use an experienced renter who has a car with lots of trips and good reviews so you know they are more reputable. We have a car booked through Turo on Oahu in September and it was a much nicer car for a much cheaper price than the regular car rental companies were offering.
Would you share the renter’s name?

With Turo , we havent used yet, i see people getting cancelled the week or day before. Does that go both ways..or are you as a renter locked in and have to pay if you cancel. Do you get comp of yhe renter cancels on you?

I have two rentals for a trip this fall--1 day with the Aulani Alamo and 7 days with Budget on Kauai--both at the "Pay at Pick-up" rate. I am nervous the rental companies are going to cancel or not honor these reservations since I didn't pay ahead of time to lock in a lower rate and they know they can secure more money with the flipped supply/demand. We'll see...

I have two rentals for a trip this fall--1 day with the Aulani Alamo and 7 days with Budget on Kauai--both at the "Pay at Pick-up" rate. I am nervous the rental companies are going to cancel or not honor these reservations since I didn't pay ahead of time to lock in a lower rate and they know they can secure more money with the flipped supply/demand. We'll see...
If you have an issue with them trying not to honor it, don’t you leave that counter without talking to management. And if the manager says the same, stand there and call customer service. You signed a rental agreement when you booked and those rates are NOT subject to change. The major car rental companies are not going to pull this garbage on you like private renters can.

We went to Aulani last month and had a 15 day car rental. We booked using Costco, did not pay ahead and did not have any issues with the rental. We arrived mid afternoon and there were still plenty of cars in the lot. But I was paranoid prior to arriving so I had 2 reservations with 2 different agencies... we got our car without an issue so I cancelled my backup plan! Good luck!

We went to Aulani last month and had a 15 day car rental. We booked using Costco, did not pay ahead and did not have any issues with the rental. We arrived mid afternoon and there were still plenty of cars in the lot. But I was paranoid prior to arriving so I had 2 reservations with 2 different agencies... we got our car without an issue so I cancelled my backup plan! Good luck!
I have 2 rentals right now for our trip in 3 weeks. Did you cancel after you got your first one in hand?

Picked up with Turo yesterday with no problem. $643 for 8 days for a 2018 Honda Odyssey. We needed a minivan that sat 8 and the car rental companies vans all only seat 7.

The $643 covers some extra insurance, 1400 miles, and a pre paid cleaning.

I’ve been hearing things throughout the whole rental industry. That there is a new cars that were purchased, hertz went bankrupt. They were projecting car prices to be quite high for the next year across the board in fact I’m paying double what I normally do for Orlando

I have 2 rentals right now for our trip in 3 weeks. Did you cancel after you got your first one in hand?

Yes - right after we got into our rental car, we cancelled the second. Both of our reservations were similarly priced so we just hopped on the first shuttle that came... that's how we chose which to try first! The line at the rental car place (was not long when we got there) was painfully slow but we were just happy everything went smoothly without an issue.

If you can get pre-cleared before flying into Hawaii, you can pass that line in the airport and get to the rental car agency faster.

Have a fantastic trip!!

Yes - right after we got into our rental car, we cancelled the second. Both of our reservations were similarly priced so we just hopped on the first shuttle that came... that's how we chose which to try first! The line at the rental car place (was not long when we got there) was painfully slow but we were just happy everything went smoothly without an issue.

If you can get pre-cleared before flying into Hawaii, you can pass that line in the airport and get to the rental car agency faster.

Have a fantastic trip!!
Thanks or the info. We’re staying in Waikiki first without a car for a couple of days, so we will already be through the airport by then. Whew. Planning on getting to the car rental place as early as possible for pick up. Can’t wait fir our trip. 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter