rental car heads up!

Yikes! I hope this situation improves by fall or we may have to Uber to Aulani and then stay put! Thanks for the info!

We are traveling to Maui and Oahu end of June beginning of July and booked cars in February. Just checked and the prices have doubled!

Wow! In a crazy moment I booked a rental car through Alamo for our trip next January, I thought $353 was a little high but thought we’ll it could be worse... glad I did, it’s now $700!

My Hertz reservation "disappeared" when Delta changed my flight and I had to rebook. I have status with Hertz, so my car was going to be a little over $800. When I had to rebook, it jumped to over $2200! I ended up booking an SUV through Turo.

I am so glad I saw this today... I have a trip for May (going to Maui then Oahu/Aulani). The first several places I tried had no vehicles whatsoever! Luckily I was able to book something; I prepaid for the rental in Maui, which hopefully means they won't give the car away if the flight gets delayed, etc.

Crazy times...

Woof. We'd noticed prices were crazy high when we booked a couple weeks ago, but thankfully we were able to get closer to normal rates booking through my husband's company portal. I'm glad we didn't wait!

We booked about 3 weeks ago for 2 weeks (end of May beginning of June). I had a special discount which got us to around $500 total for the 2 weeks but looking at AAA, Costco, etc. before using my discount, everything was over $1500. It's crazy.

The Enterprise at Honolulu Ahua St. still has some deals. It is about a mile from the airport.

I had booked an I Pace through Turo for my upcoming trip. The owner just texted me to tell me that he feels his car is underpriced, so he canceled my trip and offered to let me rebook it FOUR days before I'm supposed to arrive! Buyer beware with "Gary from Turo" offering an I Pace! Now I'm scrambling to find a rental car!

I had booked an I Pace through Turo for my upcoming trip. The owner just texted me to tell me that he feels his car is underpriced, so he canceled my trip and offered to let me rebook it FOUR days before I'm supposed to arrive! Buyer beware with "Gary from Turo" offering an I Pace! Now I'm scrambling to find a rental car!
That really is unforfunate. Sorry to hear that. I could not do a service like Turo and I have never used an AirBnB either. I don't trust people like that. I'll use a reputable company, even if it costs more. Best of luck to you with your car rental

I am glad I saw this post. I just booked a minivan for our week in August with Alamo through Costco, $887. This is $250 more than I paid in 2019. Here's hoping prices will come down later

Try renting a car from a local person through the Turo app. You could probably get a car for way cheaper and help a local person to make some money in these tough times too. It is a great way to rent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter