Renewal of AP's question

Last fall we purchased our AP certificate in October and activated this May. We have 7day PH from UT, what is the likelihood that we can use these to renew when we go in mid October?
You can only renew an AP as early as 60 days before its anniversary date
(your APs have an end date is in May,)
up to as late as 30 days after its anniversary date (your APs have an end date is in May.)
You will be able to use your (never-used) UT tickets to help pay for the AP renewals, but that AP must be renewed within the window of time I listed above.

Last edited:
As OP to thread I thought I would just follow up. Although I ended up scrapping the plan that I talked about in the first post I am happy how it turned out. Basically we got the AP's October 17, 2016 which gave us a expiration date of November 17, 2017. Once I received the follow up answers regarding people in similar situations (thanks again Keels), I got on and looked and long story short have now renewed all 5 of my family AP's and they have expiration dates of December 17, 2018. I would guess that opportunity will end on October 1 but really have no idea, but did not want the chance to have the extra month (and now finally a trip in early December in WDW) disappear. Thanks again for the responses and help.

My AP expires 12/22/17, this past year was my first year owning one since we went for 10 days last Thanksgiving and 2.5 weeks this summer. I would like to renew for next year as we have another 2.5 weeks planned for next year. Two Questions:

1. What is the renewal price, do you pay the full $ amount again? Or is there a cheaper rate for renewals? Honestly can't remember what I paid last year.
2. Earliest date and latest date I can renew?

My AP expires 12/22/17, this past year was my first year owning one since we went for 10 days last Thanksgiving and 2.5 weeks this summer. I would like to renew for next year as we have another 2.5 weeks planned for next year. Two Questions:

1. What is the renewal price, do you pay the full $ amount again? Or is there a cheaper rate for renewals? Honestly can't remember what I paid last year.
2. Earliest date and latest date I can renew?

1. It is a reduced "renewal" rate.

You can renew an AP as early as 60 days before its anniversary date
up to as late as 30 days after its anniversary date.

I just tried to go in an look at how much it would be to renew my AP. It expires Nov. 2, but the system seems to think I am a Florida resident, it doesn't give me the choice to renew anything else. Guess I will need to call, but I am still on the fence on whether to renew or not, but another added month would help the decision. Now I just hope they announce they will extend the discounts too!

I just tried to go in an look at how much it would be to renew my AP. It expires Nov. 2, but the system seems to think I am a Florida resident, it doesn't give me the choice to renew anything else. Guess I will need to call, but I am still on the fence on whether to renew or not, but another added month would help the decision.

Now I just hope they announce they will extend the discounts too!

Which discounts?
Do you mean the "13th month?"

Which discounts?
Do you mean the "13th month?"
Yes, the additional food and merchandise discounts we have enjoyed this past year. I am hoping they will extend those because it is Epcot's 35th, maybe, possibly...

Has anyone been able to renew their AP with the 13th month bonus sine OCTOBER 1?

I was afraid it would not last so I just did the renewals on all 5 of my AP's last weekend. I really wanted the additional 13 month bonus. I would be interested to see if it was still working, but I have not heard anything either way. No big announcements like last year for Epcot's 35. Glad the food discounts were at least extended past September 30th though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter