Renewal of AP's question

kmc8826

DIS Veteran
My obsession with going to Disney After Hours again has led me down the rabbit hole of renewing our non resident AP's when they expire in November. We will be there in person right before the expiration on November 17th. I have a couple unused 7 day PH tickets (bought before expiration dates added). Since I will be in WDW in person can I use those unused tickets toward the price of renewing the AP's? Is the value they will be assigned the current gate price of a 7 day PH ($485)?

Also, we got the passes last October with the expiration date of November due to the 13 month special promotion. Our expiration date on these will be November 2018 correct? Not back to October when they were first used?

Thank you!

My obsession with going to Disney After Hours again has led me down the rabbit hole of renewing our non resident AP's when they expire in November. We will be there in person right before the expiration on November 17th. I have a couple unused 7 day PH tickets (bought before expiration dates added). Since I will be in WDW in person
1. can I use those unused tickets toward the price of renewing the AP's?
2. Is the value they will be assigned the current gate price of a 7 day PH ($485)?

Also, we got the passes last October with the expiration date of November due to the 13 month special promotion.
3. Our expiration date on these will be November 2018 correct? Not back to October when they were first used?

Thank you!
1. Yes.
2. Unlikely. Figure the price of that kind of ticket just before the latest ticket price increase (of Feb. 12, 2017.)
3. Nov.

1. Yes.
2. Unlikely. Figure the price of that kind of ticket just before the latest ticket price increase (of Feb. 12, 2017.)
3. Nov.

Thank you! Number 2 was the item I was most unclear on. If it defaults back to the before 2/17 price increase that isn't too bad.

I just went to go look at renewing my AP (mine expires on Nov. 18, but I want to upgrade it to a Platinum Plus pass from a Platinum Pass), and I saw this in the fine print:

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 6.31.45 PM.png

So - we're still getting 13 months on renewal instead of 12?

I just went to go look at renewing my AP (mine expires on Nov. 18, but I want to upgrade it to a Platinum Plus pass from a Platinum Pass), and I saw this in the fine print:

View attachment 271105

So - we're still getting 13 months on renewal instead of 12?

What in the world?!? Our expiration day is November 17. I just tried to check and see if the same thing pops up on my MDE and Stitch just keeps eating the page on where I need to look. If that is true I definitely will renew. It almost sounds too good though...

What in the world?!? Our expiration day is November 17. I just tried to check and see if the same thing pops up on my MDE and Stitch just keeps eating the page on where I need to look. If that is true I definitely will renew.
It almost sounds too good though...

Its a good deal if you can actually use that 13th month.

Last edited:
What in the world?!? Our expiration day is November 17. I just tried to check and see if the same thing pops up on my MDE and Stitch just keeps eating the page on where I need to look. If that is true I definitely will renew. It almost sounds too good though...

I renewed online tonight (and upgraded from Platinum to Platinum Plus) and all the documentation that I received said it would be for 13 months and not 12, and would take effect/be added on to my expiration. So, hopefully I'll have a new expiration date of 12/18. I'll let you know!

This was my renewal screen:

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 12.50.10 AM.png

Last edited:

I just renewed my AP today and did indeed get 13 months on the renewal. Platinum AP, no DVC or Florida resident or anything

Yup - I renewed mine late last night and it was just reflected on MDE that my expiration is 12/18/18 when this year's expiration was 11/18/17.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 12.04.11 AM.png

I just renewed my AP today and did indeed get 13 months on the renewal. Platinum AP, no DVC or Florida resident or anything

Yup - I renewed mine late last night and it was just reflected on MDE that my expiration is 12/18/18 when this year's expiration was 11/18/17.

View attachment 271411

Thanks for the information! Maybe I should just renew ours now. A date into December would be awesome. Did you both originally get your AP's last October when they started the 13 month promotion? Maybe I am overthinking this but just wondering if it allowing renewals right now until the end of the month for the 13 months but that will end October 1?

Thanks for the information! Maybe I should just renew ours now. A date into December would be awesome. Did you both originally get your AP's last October when they started the 13 month promotion? Maybe I am overthinking this but just wondering if it allowing renewals right now until the end of the month for the 13 months but that will end October 1?

I've had my AP since 2013. I renewed it last year and got 13 months (new expiration in November) and then renewed it again for another 13 months!

I've had my AP since 2013. I renewed it last year and got 13 months (new expiration in November) and then renewed it again for another 13 months!

Interesting. I just renewed (this is my first go with the 13 month deal) so I wonder if this will be available to me next year

Yes, but apparently some people that received the promotion in '16 are able to take advantage of it this year as well
The promotion originally began 10/1/2016 (for new & renewals) and ran through 1/3/2017. Disney extended the promotion for renewals until 10/1/2017.

Is this promo for renewals only or for new AP purchasers as well?

Last fall we purchased our AP certificate in October and activated this May. We have 7day PH from UT, what is the likelihood that we can use these to renew when we go in mid October?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter