Remy vs Guardians at 7:00 am

princesslover

DIS Veteran
We leave on Sunday and I’m getting technical on strategy. Checked this morning and Guardians VQ was done well before 7:01. I forgot to immediately check Remy at that point but when I looked at 7:03 that was gone too so I can assume it went around the same time.

I’m thinking of not bothering with Guardians at 7:00 since we have another chance at 1:00 where with Remy we only have the 7:00 shot. (I know technically we can try for both at 7:00 but there doesn’t seem to be time).

Thoughts?

But you can do standby for Remy while Guardians is VQ or paid LL. Are you onsite? If so, use early entry and rope drop Remy.

Having rode both I think Guardians is a better ride unless you have little kids who probably will like Remy better.

But you can do standby for Remy while Guardians is VQ or paid LL. Are you onsite? If so, use early entry and rope drop Remy.

Having rode both I think Guardians is a better ride unless you have little kids who probably will like Remy better.

I’m trying to not have to rope drop a park. We are already rope dropping HS and MK. Will also probably RD AK since my girls are huge EE fans.

I have two teenagers. I just don’t see the rationale for dragging them out of bed for Remy, kwim?

Can 2 people be trying? Got guardians bg 2 and remy 8:30 with me and my daughter trying at the same time. We both were on cellular on our devices.

I guess that’s a possibility. I’d need to get my teen up at 7:00 am to do it, and the whole idea is to let them sleep in one day. I guess I could try to train my husband. He’s completely clueless on most of this.

I guess I was just thinking that since there is a 1:00 option that seems easier, to save myself some stress and just do Remy.

I guess that’s a possibility. I’d need to get my teen up at 7:00 am to do it, and the whole idea is to let them sleep in one day. I guess I could try to train my husband. He’s completely clueless on most of this.

I guess I was just thinking that since there is a 1:00 option that seems easier, to save myself some stress and just do Remy.
Based on recent experiences people are sharing, it sounds like you have a good plan in place. Remy at 7:00AM then Guradians at 1:00PM.

We leave on Sunday and I’m getting technical on strategy. Checked this morning and Guardians VQ was done well before 7:01. I forgot to immediately check Remy at that point but when I looked at 7:03 that was gone too so I can assume it went around the same time.

I’m thinking of not bothering with Guardians at 7:00 since we have another chance at 1:00 where with Remy we only have the 7:00 shot. (I know technically we can try for both at 7:00 but there doesn’t seem to be time).

Thoughts?
Do keep an eye on Remy as I've been able to snag a time after 7:10am. It's happened a few times for me with Remy, ROTR and SDD. It may not be happening as much since the parks aren't as crowded as spring time but the wretched refreshing can sometimes help you score a time post 7am. The two or more person strategy can help but I would go with your plan of Remy @ 7am and Guardians at 1pm.

Do keep an eye on Remy as I've been able to snag a time after 7:10am. It's happened a few times for me with Remy, ROTR and SDD. It may not be happening as much since the parks aren't as crowded as spring time but the wretched refreshing can sometimes help you score a time post 7am. The two or more person strategy can help but I would go with your plan of Remy @ 7am and Guardians at 1pm.

We also have hoppers so potentially could do a later LL for Remy on a different day and hop to Epcot after 2:00 to ride. Man, Disney is getting so complicated.

I’m trying to not have to rope drop a park. We are already rope dropping HS and MK. Will also probably RD AK since my girls are huge EE fans.

I have two teenagers. I just don’t see the rationale for dragging them out of bed for Remy, kwim?
Also have two teens and while we all loved Remy, those who love coasters will love guardians more. We did Remy as iLL$ and then we also got in line close to park close to ride again standby, maybe try that strategy. It's a great little ride, very similar to MMRR if you've done that.

I was there last week, and Remy was down for both of my G+. Didn't get to ride Remy at all. And GOTG makes Remy look like child's play, so there's that.

I would absolutely prioritize GOTG, pay for it, virtual queue it, whatever. If onsite, Uber to the Beach Club and go in the back to rope drop Remy. Even if it looks like a lot of people, it goes fast without G+ and DAS in play.

Remy is unreliable, so if you keep checking, G+ times will pop up. Or maybe it's down all day. Who knows?

Last edited:
On 6/29 we used two phones at 7 AM to get VQ for GOTG and a Lightning Lane for Remy at 11:30. Remy was down at 11:30 and that converted to a multi use pass that we used later in the day when Remy came back up.

That same date we entered through the international gateway to ride Remy at Rope Drop and would have rode with a short wait but it was down then as well. Ended up riding Frozen with a 15 minute wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter