Relaxing Activities?

1. Sleep in some and treat yourself to a sit down breakfast at least once on your trip. Someplace quieter, like Olivia's, the Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe.
2. Do a date night if you can and take a walk around Crescent Lake and maybe a ride on the Skyliner.
3. Lunch at Boatrights ( outside if it's not too hot ) and take an Amphicar ride.
4. Lobby people watching is always a treat too. Grab and coffee or a cocktail and just chill out.
5. Mini golf - fun and nothing that has to be taken seriously.

Enjoy!

Hands down, it would have to be Sangria University. The setting is beautiful, the drinks are delicious, and it is wonderfully low-key and relaxing. The price ($45 pp including tax and gratuity) is one of the best deals at Disney, IMHO.

Hands down, it would have to be Sangria University. The setting is beautiful, the drinks are delicious, and it is wonderfully low-key and relaxing. The price ($45 pp including tax and gratuity) is one of the best deals at Disney, IMHO.
I have not heard of this, looks interesting!

We just got back and my favorite evening of the trip was Boathouse last Friday night. We were there for a few hours enjoying the dueling pianos! Sooo much fun!!!!

The other ones have been mentioned but to repeat, riding the skyliner was awesome and we did mini golf for the first time which was super fun!

One year that I had a conference at the Contemporary, my wife and I spent a day visiting all the WDW resorts we have not stayed at yet. It was really fun to check out the grounds and restaurants and such. It gave us a much better feel for what it would be like to stay at each of them. It was very relaxing and fun.

Dan

Wander around WS with a drink. Just taking in the sights and exploring the pavilions.

I really like the little exhibits in the various pavilions because a lot of people don't know they're even there, so they're always really quiet and a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle outside. They're all interesting too, I remember one in Morocco about the art of adornment (I think now it's about a race that happens in the desert), and Gods of the Vikings in Norway is probably my favorite one.

I really like the little exhibits in the various pavilions because a lot of people don't know they're even there, so they're always really quiet and a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle outside. They're all interesting too, I remember one in Morocco about the art of adornment (I think now it's about a race that happens in the desert), and Gods of the Vikings in Norway is probably my favorite one.
Not an "exhibit" per se but, going off of this general idea of unique, relaxing things often missed by those rushing through WDW--- The gardens to the side of Japan Pavilion. Little Koi ponds and bridges over babbling brooks. It's not a vast area but if you take your time and really appreciate the simple beauty of it, it's a nice place to spend some time in. Some lovely photos to be had here depending on the time of day and angle of the sun.

ETA: In Oct we are doing a week long stay but only doing 2 park days. The main aim of the trip is to relax and unwind. The replies to this thread is giving me ideas and making me excited about the vaca!!

Last edited:
We’ll be at the Dolphin. We haven’t been since the Skyliner was completed, so I’m hoping to check that out😀.
There is a great spa in the Swan & Dolphin. When I think of relaxation, I think massage. Afterward, a walk on the boardwalk. There is also a fun mini-golf in walking distance of your hotel. We tend to spend more relaxing park time walking the world section of Epcot- trying food and drink from the various lands. No agenda other than maybe deciding on a meal.

The rocking chairs on Tom Sawyer's Island. I'm surprised nobody said it yet!

I just love the people mover too and find it to be super relaxing.

1. Sleep in some and treat yourself to a sit down breakfast at least once on your trip. Someplace quieter, like Olivia's, the Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe.
2. Do a date night if you can and take a walk around Crescent Lake and maybe a ride on the Skyliner.
3. Lunch at Boatrights ( outside if it's not too hot ) and take an Amphicar ride.
4. Lobby people watching is always a treat too. Grab and coffee or a cocktail and just chill out.
5. Mini golf - fun and nothing that has to be taken seriously.

Enjoy!

I'm going to assume you meant BoatHouse in Disney Springs. I haven't done the Amphicar but it looks fun.

Wander around WS with a drink. Just taking in the sights and exploring the pavilions.

To plus this, but can't do it with much with the lack of live entertainment in Epcot, take the drink and go from one to another of the live entertainment options in WS. I hope they come back.

We’ll be at the Dolphin. We haven’t been since the Skyliner was completed, so I’m hoping to check that out😀.

I love the Swan and Dolphin! Even being in the room, looking out the window at the boats and people was the start of a relaxing and fun vacation. Such a great location.

The resorts in the area are amazing, so you can stroll at your leisure to the Boardwalk, grab a nice cold beverage or ice cream on your way to Epcot or back. The walk to Hollywood Studios is quiet and peaceful, and a nice break from the bustle of the parks.

Disney Springs has great atmosphere too, especially in the evening. The bands that play there are surprisingly talented. When the bands aren’t playing, listen to the music they pump into the area… they sound like nice atmospheric music on its own, but each one is actually an artistic interpretation of a Disney song. Disney Springs is not just an outdoor mall, it has some of the best snacks and dining at WDW.

From Disney Springs you can hop on a boat if you have time, and head to Port Orleans (when it reopens) for some jazz music in the evenings, or even just some beignets if you’re so inclined. I took the boat ride by myself one afternoon when I was visiting Orlando solo. The chirping of the birds, the greenery, time just melted away along with life’s stress.

I’ve always enjoyed the water parks just for the lazy rivers. Best enjoyed in the later afternoon (after the customary rain storm), the crowds empty out and you can just float away all your cares for as long as you wish… hop out for a snack when you feel like it… and hop back in anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter