Relaxing Activities?

samara

Mouseketeer
For once, we’re going to let the kids do a lot of the rope-dropping/rushing around and dh and I are going to spend some time relaxing after a difficult year. What’s your favorite relaxing thing to do, in or out of the parks, at Disney World? Other than pool time - we’ve already got that scheduled😂.

We found a little nook left of tonys in MK in the building there (confectionery?) just enough room for 2 to sit and we sat and people watched for a good 45 min. Its under shade so that helped.

We found a little nook left of tonys in MK in the building there (confectionery?) just enough room for 2 to sit and we sat and people watched for a good 45 min. Its under shade so that helped.
That sounds really nice - I will look for that spot!

People watching, grabbing a drink and a bite, always fun for me and my hubby. You could also do a spa visit, couples massage or facials. Or maybe there's something you've always wanted to do at the parks that you can't with the whole family, maybe a VIP tour, etc.

Outside of the parks, I like to visit other resorts and just walk around and look at the details in them. If you take the Disney transportation you don't have to worry about getting a reservation to eat to explore. Maybe grab a meal or a drink and wander around. If I have a room with a balcony, I love just sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the resort. Some of the deluxe resorts (o.k. most of them) have really great lobbies and lounge areas. Explore the resort you are staying at.

Inside the parks, I love just slowing down and wandering around and looking at the details. Every park has little nooks and crannies to explore. Some of my favorites:
At Epcot - I love to grab a drink (adult or not) and go in the "tile room" in the Morocco pavilion. A lot of the countries in Epcot have little mini museums, I love wandering through those. A number of the countries have nice little gardens to wander around in.
In HS - I love grabbing a drink and going to the section over near 50s prime time and just walking around and exploring. I also love sitting at Tap House or HBD lounge and just watching the crowds.
In AK - there are all sorts of little off shoot trails that have animals in them, I love walking through those. I also love to walk the trail that goes around the Tree of Life and trying to find all the hidden animals. Can't go wrong with a seat at Nomad Lounge outside and just watching everyone.
In MK - I like grabbing something to drink or snack and sitting on the grass in the hub and watching people. There are a few little shaded places in some of the lands that have little nooks and crannies to sit and enjoy. I love riding the Liberty Bell, just so relaxing.

Play golf. Skyliner resort/lounge hopping. Monorail resort/lounge hopping. As much time at Geyser Point as possible. Sunset at Animal Kingdom lodge. Morning runs. Walking the path from TTC to MK and back and back and back. Water parks. Off site dining.

What’s your favorite relaxing thing to do, in or out of the parks, at Disney World? Other than pool time - we’ve already got that scheduled😂.
-drinks by the water. lots of options. fort wilderness Crockett's Tavern if you're in the area. Wilderness Lodge's Geyser Point. Disney Springs lots of options. Nomad Lounge mentioned already.
-grab a coffee at one of the parks, walk away from the busy starbucks and have a seat somewhere and kill some time. people watching or take in the sights and sounds, the theme music in the background etc.
-spend some time checking out the art for sale in some of the stores. i always like doing that. a bunch of stuff i never knew i wanted in my life until i see it.

My wife and I like relaxing (with a beer) at the Tap House at HS and our favorite quiet spot might be Tom Sawyer Island at MK overlooking the BTMR - there's a dock there with a few rocking chairs where you can just watch/wave at folks on the ride - as well as the Liberty Bell going around and around...

For once, we’re going to let the kids do a lot of the rope-dropping/rushing around and dh and I are going to spend some time relaxing after a difficult year. What’s your favorite relaxing thing to do, in or out of the parks, at Disney World? Other than pool time - we’ve already got that scheduled😂.

Where are you staying? I have specifics for resorts.

But in general, a ride on the skyliner (the whole thing) just to take in the views. Same with the monorails and the boats, especially the one to wilderness lodge (and while your there relax at Geyser Point).

Walk the trails at any resort. Walk from resort to resort and fill up the mug at each one with a coffee at just sit and enjoy the resort. If you don't have a balcony in your room, many resorts have balconies as offshoot from their lobby

Where are you staying? I have specifics for resorts.

But in general, a ride on the skyliner (the whole thing) just to take in the views. Same with the monorails and the boats, especially the one to wilderness lodge (and while your there relax at Geyser Point).

Walk the trails at any resort. Walk from resort to resort and fill up the mug at each one with a coffee at just sit and enjoy the resort. If you don't have a balcony in your room, many resorts have balconies as offshoot from their lobby
We’ll be at the Dolphin. We haven’t been since the Skyliner was completed, so I’m hoping to check that out😀.

A lot of the rides have interesting things to look at besides the ride. These are usually in the area for people that are not going to ride but wait for others that are.

We’ll be at the Dolphin. We haven’t been since the Skyliner was completed, so I’m hoping to check that out😀.

Yes, definitely the skyliner then. The views are great. Or just sit and watch the boats outside your resort.

But so much around the lake by the dolphin is beautiful. Take a stroll around the lake in the evening and look at the lights at the boardwalk, the windmill, lighthouse, all around the boardwalk. Grab a coffee or something stronger! and enjoy the sights. There are a few nice nooks outside the lobby of the boardwalk lobby where you can sit and enjoy the view from a bit higher up, or just grab a bench on the boardwalk itself. Abracabar is fun! A lazy breakfast is relaxing too, and so many good breakfast places in that area... I love Tratorria al Forno, but I'm excited to try Cape May Cafe this trip.

Yes, definitely the skyliner then. The views are great. Or just sit and watch the boats outside your resort.

But so much around the lake by the dolphin is beautiful. Take a stroll around the lake in the evening and look at the lights at the boardwalk, the windmill, lighthouse, all around the boardwalk. Grab a coffee or something stronger! and enjoy the sights. There are a few nice nooks outside the lobby of the boardwalk lobby where you can sit and enjoy the view from a bit higher up, or just grab a bench on the boardwalk itself. Abracabar is fun! A lazy breakfast is relaxing too, and so many good breakfast places in that area... I love Tratorria al Forno, but I'm excited to try Cape May Cafe this trip.

Also, the mini-golf right by the Dolphin is really fun too, we did that for the first time last trip, and I can't believe we never did it before. It's on our list again for next trip.

Play golf. Skyliner resort/lounge hopping. Monorail resort/lounge hopping. As much time at Geyser Point as possible. Sunset at Animal Kingdom lodge. Morning runs. Walking the path from TTC to MK and back and back and back. Water parks. Off site dining.
If you are not staying on property, can you get into the resorts in the morning for a run or walk?

If you are not staying on property, can you get into the resorts in the morning for a run or walk?

I believe the official policy is no, not without a resort reservation but in reality, it depends on the resort, where you want to park and the CM at the time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter