Rejected Offers Thread

BLT - Feb UY - 50 points.
55 points for 2024 (5 banked)
Listed at $160 stating only Full Offer Price would be accepted (new listing)
Went back and forth. Price on website was reduced to $149.
I offered $140 and was told by broker that she’d be in touch if the seller wanted to go for $140.
That's how much I got my 50pt for last year, $140. But it was listed low already @ $145 and they seller accepted my offer right away. Don't give up, one will come up!

CCV Feb 125pts 0/24 0/25 $123 , delayed closing 12/8
offered $108 seller paying 2025 dues at closing, countered $118, then I countered $115 seller paying closing and 2025 dues
never heard anything back from broker but apparently sold as listing no longer showing

CCV Feb 125pts 0/24 0/25 $123 , delayed closing 12/8
offered $108 seller paying 2025 dues at closing, countered $118, then I countered $115 seller paying closing and 2025 dues
never heard anything back from broker but apparently sold as listing no longer showing
I wonder if this is a case of the seller not wanting to sell to anyone who is too aggressive. If I was selling delayed close, I would want a lazy uninformed buyer, just in case the market collapsed over the next 6 months.

It’s also possible they just took it off the market entirely because they didn’t want to sell below some hypothetical price they assumed they would earn.

I wonder if this is a case of the seller not wanting to sell to anyone who is too aggressive. If I was selling delayed close, I would want a lazy uninformed buyer, just in case the market collapsed over the next 6 months.

It’s also possible they just took it off the market entirely because they didn’t want to sell below some hypothetical price they assumed they would earn.
Could be , but I think most likely sold to someone as had only been listed for under a week. Don't feel they would have pulled that fast and also don't feel I was a lazy uninformed buyer.:)

AKV, lorimt, 100 points, Offered $90, Listed $102, 5/2024
AKV, lorimt, 105 points, Offered $95, Listed $105, 5/2024
AKV, lorimt, 100 points, Offered $99, Listed $105, 5/2024
AKV, lorimt, 100 points, Offered $96, Listed $104, 5/2024
AKV, lorimt, 100 points, Offered $97, Listed $114, 6/2024

We purchased the last one at $100.

Love this info. Thanks for posting!

Recently had bunch (read 4) of loaded Aulani rejections at 90/pt. I gotta say that I am truly happy when someone on disboards posts a successful great deal on any resort. It is silly but I feel like we are some kind of strange team.
This is so important. People have the expectation that one or two distressed sellers on ROFR are now the new market price and in reality there is no way a seller should sell their points at that price.

This is so important. People have the expectation that one or two distressed sellers on ROFR are now the new market price and in reality there is no way a seller should sell their points at that price.
Totally valid point. Also valid is that a purchase must make sense. I am not begrudgingly the sellers, that is their money. I am in charge of my money and that is the price point that makes sense to me.

I do believe (today) that should have gone to 95 on 2 of them. But I am not trying to eat the whole fish in a single bite.

My post was more about trying to tell this online community that this place feels very different than others I have tried. I have not felt envy or jealousy for anyone here that has negotiated a good deal. I feel happiness for them.

All of this can be true at the same time. I will continue to look for my deals. People that own points can choose there own selling price. And we can have the degenerates like me believe they have some comradery on this forum.

Last edited:
Totally valid point. Also valid is that a purchase must make sense. I am not begrudgingly the sellers, that is their money. I am in charge of my money and that is the price point that makes sense to me.

I do believe (today) that should have gone to 95 on 2 of them. But I am not trying to eat the whole fish in a single bite.
I get it, it’s amazing how your perspective changes once you’ve built your DVC portfolio vs when you are building it.

The buyers are providing their capital and taking the risk moving forward, but if I was a seller I wouldn’t sell for $90 on a loaded contract when the market is at $97.

I get it, it’s amazing how your perspective changes once you’ve built your DVC portfolio vs when you are building it.

The buyers are providing their capital and taking the risk moving forward, but if I was a seller I wouldn’t sell for $90 on a loaded contract when the market is at $97.
Two of them would have done 95. I am east coast and wife hates planes. This was a me purchase. If I get lucky then I do. I will need to sell the flight to her every time it will be way harder than getting my cutoff price

Two of them would have done 95. I am east coast and wife hates planes. This was a me purchase. If I get lucky then I do. I will need to sell the flight to her every time it will be way harder than getting my cutoff price
Absolutely! I fully support you getting the lowest price you can and hope it happens for you!

I’m just self realizing that I’m relating to sellers more now… kind of like when you start to empathizing with the Mom more than Kevin when watching Home Alone… 🤣

Check out this broker response to a (reasonable IMO) offer on a stripped AUL contract, after telling them that I thought it was in line with recently accepted offers reported here…

´´HAHAHAHAHA!!

Also dont' believe everything you read on DisBoards.

I have watched my own buyers say they got a contract for $100 when they paid $112, I've also seen my sellers say they got $112 when they got $100. Everybody wants to one up everybody else!´´

🤷‍♀️

Check out this broker response to a (reasonable IMO) offer on a stripped AUL contract, after telling them that I thought it was in line with recently accepted offers reported here…

´´HAHAHAHAHA!!

I have watched my own buyers say they got a contract for $100 when they paid $112, I've also seen my sellers say they got $112 when they got $100. Everybody wants to one up everybody else!´´

🤷‍♀️
I feel like this is some brokers’ favorite thing to say. I can only speak for myself and it’s not worth much but I’m honest on this thread and the ROFR thread. I am highly doubtful there are many lying though it’s possible. That said, some people have posted the county prices of actual sales in the past and the deals tend to have a pretty wide range. I’m rambling a bit but basically I think this is unprofessional and I suspect inaccurate from a broker. I feel like what I’ve learned is, the number that makes sense for any buyer/seller duo can be widely variable and (within reason) you should wait to find a seller that agrees to a number that is right for you.

Thanks for sharing! Do you mind me asking if the one you settled on was a December use year and fully loaded? There was one with points in 2023, double points in 2024 that was taunting me and it’s gone now so I’m just curious. If that was you, thanks for taking the temptation away!

´´HAHAHAHAHA!!

🤷‍♀️

I had a broker tell me I needed to offer more as no one purchases under the average price. Not sure they understand what an average is

Thanks for sharing! Do you mind me asking if the one you settled on was a December use year and fully loaded? There was one with points in 2023, double points in 2024 that was taunting me and it’s gone now so I’m just curious. If that was you, thanks for taking the temptation away!

😂 No, it only had 13 extra points. I think I got an alert on that one and was busy and by the time I went to look at it the next day it was gone!

facebook twitter