Regardless of right/wrong..Using child credits??

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleshamrock

Mouseketeer
Ok, flame me. I don't care. All I want to know is if WDW is seperating child and adult credits on the dining plan?? Are they still pooled together?? I have been reading a lot about this, and people say either way. I *may* end up using one or two of my DS3's credits for grandma who's coming later in the trip. Because he eats nothing (I seriously don't know how he isn't skin and bones), they would be wasted anyways. So there, you have it. Yes, I may be "cheating" the system, but I am more worried about my $$$ going to waste. Thank you!

Don't worry little shamrock...no flames from me :sunny:
Iam interested in this as well but have been to afraid to ask ;)

I have made more Adrs than I should and I will have to pay out of pocket for 1 unless I can save 4 points by paying out of pocket for dd6.
Iam in two minds about this...I don't know if I can be bothered with the hassle of POP for dd. And I know that disney could change the rules before my trip in August anyway and seperate child and adult credits...I won't be upset if they do as its only something Iam thinking about.
Guess I'll just wait and see..but I would like to hear others experiences of Paying out of pocket.
:)

Sammie said:

Yeah, yeah, we have been hearing that for a year now. :rolleyes: Each card does have the dining info on it but only one card is currently required to pay for a meal irregardless of how many credits are being used. I can't see Disney changing this as it would be such a hassle for servers to decide which card gets used for which meal. It could happen but I doubt it! It would take much longer than it does now to ring up each bill. Think about the simple process of a restaurant check now. Can you imagine paying for a bill with 4,5 or 6 different credit cards?!?!?

OP, we did this in December with my mom and NEVER had a problem!

Have a great trip.

Thanks everyone!! I guess I will really have to see how it is when I'm there...then I will report back to everyone!!

I just want to mention, that even though the credits might be pooled, depending on the CM, they might not let you use 3 TS credits for 3 adults, if you only have 2 adults and 1 child listed on your card.

LoveMyBoys said:
I just want to mention, that even though the credits might be pooled, depending on the CM, they might not let you use 3 TS credits for 3 adults, if you only have 2 adults and 1 child listed on your card.
Sorry, but this information is completely wrong. Absolutely NOTHING is on your "Key to the World" card that implies how many people (adult or children) are on the plan. The ONLY thing it says on the card is "MYW+Dining" or "DVC Dining Plan"

They do not list the pooled credits by adult or children, nor does the CM know how many in your party on the dining plan are children or adults. There is no way the CM would know (or care) about this information unless they called the hotel you checked in at, held on line for over 15 minutes and verified. Even if they did that, you can use your credits however you want.

To OP, the credits are pooled and you can use them in ANY WAY you see fit.

how a CM could not let you use more adult or child credits at one seating. What if I decide to go shopping at the mall for a day and not eat in Disney. Then the next day I decide to have dinner with my daughter and her friend and I want 4 adult meals instead of 2 since I did not use my allocation yesterday? I would really argue if they gave me a hard time about using more than the 2 adult meals. It would mean that I would be paying out of pocket another time or maybe using 2 counter service meals in one day or are they going to start keeping track and say I can only use one counter service a day per adult. I can understand the problem with using kids credits for adults but I can not and will not take a "no" for not being able to use 4 of my adult credits at one restaurant even though there are only 2 adults on the card.

thelionqueen said:
Sorry, but this information is completely wrong. Absolutely NOTHING is on your "Key to the World" card that implies how many people (adult or children) are on the plan. The ONLY thing it says on the card is "MYW+Dining" or "DVC Dining Plan"

While I totally agree with the rest of your post, this statement is actually incorrect. The key card will actually have listed Disney Dining A02 C02 (02 being the number of people in that category included on the plan)

thelionqueen said:

They do not list the pooled credits by adult or children, nor does the CM know how many in your party on the dining plan are children or adults. There is no way the CM would know (or care) about this information unless they called the hotel you checked in at, held on line for over 15 minutes and verified. Even if they did that, you can use your credits however you want.

To OP, the credits are pooled and you can use them in ANY WAY you see fit.

Actually, it IS listed on your room key. At least it was on mine! It said 2A 1C right on the card - I have it right here in front of me.

I'm looking at mine right now and it says "MYW+Dining"
I guess depending on when you go and where you stay it might be different. However, the pooled credits answer to the question is, and this is according to Disney, all credits are pooled and can be used in any increment at any time during your trip.

HI ~ :wave:

In June 05 when we were there our cards had 2A 2C Dining on there..
so if the Cm looked close enough to my card they could see that.

Also, it was just us four so when we dined, it was obvious the # of us matched what the card said. Most assumed we were each using a TS credit, and docked us four per visit. This didn't bother me cause I wasn't trying to save them up...but just wanted to let you know that unless you say "I would like to pay OOP for Jr" upfront they will charge you.

I did have a couple of agressive CM's (one at Tony's) who said straight out before we ordered "okay, so you will be using four TS credits" & looked at me straight in the eye. Not a question, a statement.

I think some are gonna be ticky about it & some aren't. (some are probably onto the whole pooling credits thing & maybe some don't like it?....not sure...)

You may just want to be prepared at any time to be told NO, you can't pay OOP for a child. Seems unlikely but I think that server at Tony's would have thrown a fit if I'd suggested it....she seems poised for a fight.

HTH :yay:

I have a hard time seeing them telling me NO to paying oop for a child. Maybe I am out of credits, or maybe I used too many the day before for my son and need to pay today, maybe I have other plans that they don't know about that don't involve using child credits for an adult meal. I can see them not letting me buy my 5yo an adult meal on credits, I can see them splitting the credits to stop people from using child credits for adults , but I just don't see disney not letting me pay for my son's meal in cash. That simply makes no sense to me.

Tinker*Shell*Bell said:
I have a hard time seeing them telling me NO to paying oop for a child. Maybe I am out of credits, or maybe I used too many the day before for my son and need to pay today, maybe I have other plans that they don't know about that don't involve using child credits for an adult meal. I can see them not letting me buy my 5yo an adult meal on credits, I can see them splitting the credits to stop people from using child credits for adults , but I just don't see disney not letting me pay for my son's meal in cash. That simply makes no sense to me.

Exactly! How do they know that you don't want to use a credit for a more expensive meal :confused3

Quite frankly I think Disney is well aware of how they credits are being used by some. The logistics of changing the system in any way would cause a tremendous amount of headaches and chaos! I really don't see Disney changing it much. Overall, it has been a HUGE success for them and they are definately not losing any money on it.

I can't imagine that Disney can change the pooling plan unless they require you to use the credits one per day of your visit and at each meal. Like others have said, you can do two CS in one day; two TS in a day or none at all.

And not every family on the same plan is going to eat together at every meal. DS15 and DH will be dining apart from us on two separate occasions when we go later this month :cool1: so that I can take DS6 to character breakfasts. We know we're going have to coordinate so that we know how many credits we have, but we already know it'll be cheaper for us pay OOP for DS6 early in the week based on our ADRs and use his TS credits for the more expensive character breakfast and Hoop De Doo Review later in the week.

Does anyone see problems with that?

HayGan said:
Exactly! How do they know that you don't want to use a credit for a more expensive meal :confused3

Quite frankly I think Disney is well aware of how they credits are being used by some. The logistics of changing the system in any way would cause a tremendous amount of headaches and chaos! I really don't see Disney changing it much. Overall, it has been a HUGE success for them and they are definately not losing any money on it.

Just curious what is your source that they are not losing any money from the Dining Plan abuses. You are right about the logistics of changing it. I don't think the change will be soon due to that, but I do think it will change.

Ok, maybe things have changed since we were there in December '05, but our card had A2 C1 listed on it. A couple of times I tried to get 3 adult CS meals at the same time, and was told that I could only get 2 adult and the third one would have to be a kids meal, since that is what my card said. Now, this happened at CS and I don't know if it would happen at a TS, but I just wanted to let the OP know, since we experienced it first hand. I am sorry if you think my information is wrong, but that was my experience in December.

I went in November. My family was 2 A 1 C. That WAS listed on your main card. However, when you first get there and ask for a list of your remaining credits, it lists only the total number left: 16 TS, 16 CS, 16 snacks.

You can get a list on checkout to see where you ate (good for remembering a dining review btw).

I don't think anything has changed since them.

We shared meals more than worried about using a child credit for an adult. However, by the end of the stay, I can honestly say I don't remember what credit was used where. No one gave us any problems at any place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter