Regardless of right/wrong..Using child credits??

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyPhD said:
Will they let an under 3 year old get the plan? When it 1st started there was no way to do it (this women I was talking with wanted to spend the $10 a day on the child.) but the system would not let them. If they did that then they had to buy a ticket for the child too. (and that would be a waste of $$$ for sure.)

Anyway if a child under 2 is not inculuded in the plan then they would HAVE to allow you to play for one persons meal, while using the card for other members. :teeth:

That would not be a problem, just as if you had someone join you that is not on the plan, you would use your plan to purchase your meals, they would pay for theirs.

So you can purchase food for your 2 year old if you need to.

Sammie said:
As I said if anyone emails Disney they can get clarification on this issue or you can ask your server.

No server ever questioned how I was paying or using my credits. I even had a few switch drinks (milkshakes/sodas) between people on the plan so that we would pay less out of pocket.

No Sammie, you made the scam comment as a general comment to anyone who uses credits in a manner you don't see fit. So you were insulting many instead of one.

I still don't understand the "intent" comment as I provided documentation as to how the plan originally was presented to the general public.

HayGan said:
No server ever questioned how I was paying or using my credits. I even had a few switch drinks (milkshakes/sodas) between people on the plan so that we would pay less out of pocket.

No Sammie, you made the scam comment as a general comment to anyone who uses credits in a manner you don't see fit. So you were insulting many instead of one.

I still don't understand the "intent" comment as I provided documentation as to how the plan originally was presented to the general public.

And you also said it is not longer presented that way.

This is getting no where, you can justify it anyway you choose. If you can take your child and purchase an adult entree for that child or get Disney to email you that you can use child's credits to purchase adult's entrees, I will say you are right.

Anything else is just conversation, which I am bowing out of. Enjoy your day.

I think Disney intended for guests to use the honor system and not to use child credits for adult meals, I'd be surprised if anyone actually thought it would be "fair" to do this, but I'd have to say that I've bought two resort drink mugs and shared drinks between the four of us which wasn't fair either. :guilty: (guilty)

HayGan said:

Very well put posts HayGan :thumbsup2 You've hit the nail on the head!
All of these "Holier than thou" posters think that the way they view the "rules" and plan is the ethical and only just rationale of the dining plan interpretation. This just isn't true.

We have NEVER been questioned in any way by any CM regarding the credits we were using (or not using). Nor were we forced to feed our children if they were not hungry (or asleep)
47b5ce03b3127cce94e82f52d75d00000016108AbtGzNy0YuW

We were never told our children had to eat (if they did we would have ordered from the kids menu), we were never questioned when we wanted to pay OOP for a side salad instead of using an entire meal credit, nor were we looked down upon, or in any way treated like we were not using the plan as it was intended.

To the contrary, every CM we encountered went out of their way to tell us the best meal we could get, what should be avoided and how to get the best deal for our family. One of the most attractive benefits of the dining plan is it's convenience and flexibility. Something for everyone to ponder.......Flexibility.

Bottom line, do what you want with the plan and let everyone else do what they want with the plan! Obviously Disney has no issues with how the plan is working or they would pull the plug immediately. Get on with your own issues and quit judging how others use the plan in a way that is best for them.

thelionqueen said:
One of the most attractive benefits of the dining plan is it's convenience and flexibility. Something for everyone to ponder.......Flexibility.

I guess it depends on how you define flexibility? :confused3

When the plan was first released I took this to mean families would be able to spilt up and use the plan whenever they wanted/needed to.

Dad is out golfing or fishing, he can use the plan to grab a snack or quick lunch.

Mom and the kids are in the parks or relaxing at the resort, they can use the plan to grab a bite to eat.

Maybe your teen is in the park or DQ; he/she can grab something to eat.

The whole family can take advantage of the plan at any given time.

It never occurred to me that this meant I could pay $10 for a child, and then order dinner for myself.

If/when Disney closes the loop hole the dining plan will still be convenient and flexible.

Isn’t holier than thou an insult

Bravo haley gan!!!! :thumbsup2

As the lionqueen said you hit the nail on the head. :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
It about time we all stopped letting a sad minority try to take the moral highground. Bottom line...we are breaking NO rules!!!! :wizard:

And noone here should be called names or attacked ....we are not scammers!!
In my book that is trolling.

disneyjunkie said:
I guess it depends on how you define flexibility? :confused3

When the plan was first released I took this to mean families would be able to spilt up and use the plan whenever they wanted/needed to.

Dad is out golfing or fishing, he can use the plan to grab a snack or quick lunch.

Mom and the kids are in the parks or relaxing at the resort, they can use the plan to grab a bite to eat.

Maybe your teen is in the park or DQ; he/she can grab something to eat.

The whole family can take advantage of the plan at any given time.

It never occurred to me that this meant I could pay $10 for a child, and then order dinner for myself.

If/when Disney closes the loop hole the dining plan will still be convenient and flexible.

Isn’t holier than thou an insult
Disney junkie...with the greatest respect.....just because that is how you interpreted the rules...doesn,t mean every one will. I personally don't see it that way. As do many others. We are all following the rules....But some people hate it when others see thing differently . Anyone who thinks disney doesn't want anyone to use the plan in this way is a bit niave to say the least.
Disney is well aware.....this is not a loophole...its like that for a reason.
And being called holier than thou is hardly as bad as being called a thief..liar scammer...cheat....just a few of the lovely terms i have called in the past few days by a few posters. For the henious crime of asking about Valet parking and the dining plan.

Now THEY are insults...and now I just find it funny :rotfl2: Because these same posters have a long long history...of jumping in on threads with *their interpratation of the rules. Which are usually totally wrong...But they just love to take the moral highground.

What a sad and pitiful exsistence...

Regardless of right/wrong..Using child credits??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, flame me. I don't care. All I want to know is if WDW is seperating child and adult credits on the dining plan?? Are they still pooled together?? I have been reading a lot about this, and people say either way. I *may* end up using one or two of my DS3's credits for grandma who's coming later in the trip. Because he eats nothing (I seriously don't know how he isn't skin and bones), they would be wasted anyways. So there, you have it. Yes, I may be "cheating" the system, but I am more worried about my $$$ going to waste. Thank you!

So let me get this straight. In the opinion of the majority of posters on this thread, is it ok for the OP to treat non-guest grandma to an adult meal using her 3 year old son's unused child's credits? :confused3 Would appeciate your responses, I really want to know.

I think it is up to the Op to do what she wants. After all she paid for the credits. Why oh why should it bother anyone else if she uses a credit for grandma??? :confused3
I read a lovely trip report a while ago....A really lovely family. One day at the end of their trip..they realised they had a couple of TS points left over.
Do you know what they did? They asked their server to use them to pay for the lovely couple who had been sharing their table.
This couple would of gotten a nice little surprise a little bit of disney magic when they came to pay the bill. :wizard:

What on earth can anyone see wrong in that....I thought it was a lovely kind gesture. :)

Tinker74 said:
I think it is up to the Op to do what she wants. After all she paid for the credits.

1. She paid for a child's credit, not a credit for grandma. Obviously people will argue this point to death to justify it to themselves, but get real, a $10 child's credit for a $30+ adult meal? Do what you want, but don't tell me you TRULY think that's okay. I know it's nice to save money, but if you really believe that's not even the slightest bit cheating the system...well, I just hope your children are never in my classroom.

Why oh why should it bother anyone else if she uses a credit for grandma??? :confused3

2. It should bother EVERYONE else, because ultimately it will drive up the prices.

Edited to fix quotes

I did not mean my post to be insulting, I was just using the term I thought best described the tone of the posts I was reading.

I was one of those horrible people who had 6 TS credits left over as we were about ready to leave. We were @ Earl of Sandwich and got some sandwiches and rice krispie treats for the plane trip home and still had 6 leftover credits.

The family behind us in line had 4 kids and 1 baby and were doing everything they could to try to keep some kind of order with all of them without going crazy. I asked the lady if it would be OK for me to put their bill on my card as I was going to leave without using them. She looked at me as if I had just given her $1,000.000! She thanked me, asked me about the plan as we were waiting for our food and decided that would be the way for her family to do things on their next trip.

So, I (very unethically) gave some Disney Magic and a free meal to an unsuspecting family, probably gave Disney some Dining package customers for life and didn't let the value of my plan go to waste....I know, shocking! Someone call Disney and tell them the outrageous behavior and use of the Dining plan. I'm sure they will be appalled.

Seriously though, just do what you want and let others do what they want. How hard is that? As for the PP who treated Grandma to a meal, that is what she chose to do, who am I to judge her? Would I have done that, don't know, wasn't in that position. But I am certainly not going to judge what someone else did, they bought the plan, they use it the way they see fit...fine by me!

spaceacewannabe said:
1. She paid for a child's credit, not a credit for grandma. Obviously people will argue this point to death to justify it to themselves, but get real, a $10 child's credit for a $30+ adult meal? Do what you want, but don't tell me you TRULY think that's okay. I know it's nice to save money, but if you really believe that's not even the slightest bit cheating the system...well, I just hope your children are never in my classroom.

2. It should bother EVERYONE else, because ultimately it will drive up the prices.

Edited to fix quotes

How dare you bring my kids into this dicsscussion. :furious:
Iam certaintly glad my kids will never be near you you mean spirited nasty person.
That is truly low...to mention my kids. Iam reporting your post.
And I suggest you take anger managment classes...if the issue of child credits makes you so angry you insult innocent children.

Some won't see this, as they don't want to see it.
And this is always a source of conflict, on the Boards, as well as in life. Some people see what they're doing as so much in their own favor that that overwhelms rational logic. :) In the end, Disney will change it when they get around to it, and some people will whine about it no matter how much we warn them in advance. Hopefully, by our trying to help folks understand the reality, the number of folks disappointed when Disney does change things will be a lot less.

spaceacewannabe said:

Edited to fix quotes
:sad2:
:sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
:sad2: :sad2:
:sad2:

bicker said:
And this is always a source of conflict, on the Boards, as well as in life. Some people see what they're doing as so much in their own favor that that overwhelms rational logic. :) In the end, Disney will change it when they get around to it, and some people will whine about it no matter how much we warn them in advance. Hopefully, by our trying to help folks understand the reality, the number of folks disappointed when Disney does change things will be a lot less.

Very well said.

Tinker74 said:
How dare you bring my kids into this dicsscussion. :furious:
Iam certaintly glad my kids will never be near you you mean spirited nasty person.
That is truly low...to mention my kids. Iam reporting your post.
And I suggest you take anger managment classes...if the issue of child credits makes you so angry you insult innocent children.

I didn't mean to target the children so much as the parents. They learn that rules don't apply to them from their parents.

Not that anyone is going to take this to heart, but abusing the system is ultimately going to complicate things for those with children's credits. I wholeheartedly support that if your child isn't going to eat, don't order a meal. What I take issue with is planning ahead to pay oop for children's meals in order to use them for adult meals. If this abuse leads to unpooling of credits, it's going to cause real problems for people whose kids just WON'T eat at that moment. If it's just dumb, unfortunate luck that you're not able to use your children's credits...I certainly wouldn't say don't use them at all. But...if abuse leads to separating credits by child or adult, how are you going to use that leftover credit? To me, that's different. It's not a premeditated way to undermine the system; same for treating someone if you've got leftover credits.

Planning ahead and paying oop when your kids ARE eating in order to get a more expensive adult meal later...that's a "the rules don't apply to me" philosophy.

bicker said:

Very much agreed.

Look...the fact is YOU DID target my children so don't try to worm your way out of it. Iam shocked beyond belief that you are a teacher????? :confused3

What a scary thought. You who insults innnocent chilren are now trying to take the moral high ground???? You are scum! I want this thread closed...if it has been reduced to MY kids being insulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter