Regal Gift Cards . com?

darnheather

DIS Veteran
We received something in the mail from this company offering us a $50 gift card to our choice of places. Is this legit? I can't seem to find anything negative about them, but thought I'd check here. :goodvibes

I'm not sure many companies offer you $50 gift cards without asking for something in return. How is the giveaway phrased?

I'm not sure many companies offer you $50 gift cards without asking for something in return. How is the giveaway phrased?

I know right? It says, "for your participation, honest opinions and valuable feedback on an exciting new product from General Electric (GE)."

Thanks everyone. I went ahead and filled out the short survey. Weird, but we'll see. They didn't ask for any compromising information.

What ever become of your submission? I just received the same letter in the mail for a $50 gift card.

So I thought I'd weigh in because I got one of those surveys too. I filled it out online to save a stamp and they called me.

Basically, what they want is to do an in home demonstration of some water softening device made by GE. They send a representative from their company and they demonstrate it in your kitchen. You must be a homeowner and pay your water bill ( I do not, condo association does so they couldn't do it for me). I asked, and they said it was not a sales pitch (not sure I believe that), but they wanted honest opinions on how people think they product worked. Not sure how the demonstration goes, but that's it.

They are bold liars - it is the biggest, longest sales pitch I've ever heard. They told me the same garbage about wanting to get our opinion, and that it would only take 45 minutes. 3 HOURS later, when we flat out told the guy no we're not interested he got very rude and finally left. Big shock the gift card never arrived (of course they don't have it with them, you have to mail in a form to get it). I called them to complain and ask where our gift card was - $50 to waste 3 hours of our time on a Friday night is the least they can do for us after completely misrepresenting the appointment. They use regalgiftcards.com, another shoddy business. After 3 phone calls and another week with no gc they called back and said that they'd called Regal and "Regal is so busy they somehow missed yours" (ya right) but would expedite it to send to us in 5-7 business days. A week later we get a letter from Regal, mailed to us, asking us to send that form in confirming our address. So yet another piece to mail in, that won't even get to them in time for us to have our promised "expedited" gift card. And let's think this through - they MAILED us a letter asking to confirm our address...DUH, if the address wasn't right we'd never get that to confirm it. Just another BS excuse to not send the gd. Both of these companies are scams, and false advertising at it's finest.

They are bold liars - it is the biggest, longest sales pitch I've ever heard. They told me the same garbage about wanting to get our opinion, and that it would only take 45 minutes. 3 HOURS later, when we flat out told the guy no we're not interested he got very rude and finally left. Big shock the gift card never arrived (of course they don't have it with them, you have to mail in a form to get it). I called them to complain and ask where our gift card was - $50 to waste 3 hours of our time on a Friday night is the least they can do for us after completely misrepresenting the appointment. They use regalgiftcards.com, another shoddy business. After 3 phone calls and another week with no gc they called back and said that they'd called Regal and "Regal is so busy they somehow missed yours" (ya right) but would expedite it to send to us in 5-7 business days. A week later we get a letter from Regal, mailed to us, asking us to send that form in confirming our address. So yet another piece to mail in, that won't even get to them in time for us to have our promised "expedited" gift card. And let's think this through - they MAILED us a letter asking to confirm our address...DUH, if the address wasn't right we'd never get that to confirm it. Just another BS excuse to not send the gd. Both of these companies are scams, and false advertising at it's finest.
Lualya:
I'm sorry your experience with the RGC Vendor in your area took much longer than expected. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the in-home demonstration of products and/or services offered by participating vendors. However, I manage the gift card program you participated in. And, it is true, we sometimes get a little overwhelmed at the nationwide response to our program. Sometimes we get a little behind and sometimes things do get lost in the mail. The reason we mail an address verification form before we send an actual gift card is because data entry errors are sometimes made when redemption certificates are keyed into the system. Keep in mind, we are essentially mailing cash through the mail. If your gift card is sent to the wrong address, the recipient can and will utilize that free gift card. It is simply a failsafe to ensure you receive your gift card and our costs are kept under control. I hope this clears up the purpose of our address verification form and I trust you did in fact receive your $50.00 gift card?

Lualya:
I'm sorry your experience with the RGC Vendor in your area took much longer than expected. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the in-home demonstration of products and/or services offered by participating vendors. However, I manage the gift card program you participated in. And, it is true, we sometimes get a little overwhelmed at the nationwide response to our program. Sometimes we get a little behind and sometimes things do get lost in the mail. The reason we mail an address verification form before we send an actual gift card is because data entry errors are sometimes made when redemption certificates are keyed into the system. Keep in mind, we are essentially mailing cash through the mail. If your gift card is sent to the wrong address, the recipient can and will utilize that free gift card. It is simply a failsafe to ensure you receive your gift card and our costs are kept under control. I hope this clears up the purpose of our address verification form and I trust you did in fact receive your $50.00 gift card?

I also fell victim to this scam. Mailed a redemption gift certificate to the VA address after enduring a 3 hour sales pitch by a GE rep. Was told it would be no more than 45 minutes as well. When I told him it was approaching 3 hours and would like to get the gift card as promised he flat out lied and said the only way to get the gift card would be to allow him to finish the presentation. I waited another 45 minutes (he said the presentation would be over in 15) and then literally had to tell him to leave my house so I can put my kids to bed. My wife was livid. He gave me the certificate as he left and at that point told me the card was mailed by another vendor. Very shady.

It's now been exactly 3 months since I mailed the certificate and no response from Regal Gift Cards. I've emailed their customer service but no response and no follow up phone numbers are listed. I'm surprised to find an actual employee here advocating for RGC and hope you can help, but would say my experience of this so far has left me with pretty low expectations.

I also fell victim to this scam. Mailed a redemption gift certificate to the VA address after enduring a 3 hour sales pitch by a GE rep. Was told it would be no more than 45 minutes as well. When I told him it was approaching 3 hours and would like to get the gift card as promised he flat out lied and said the only way to get the gift card would be to allow him to finish the presentation. I waited another 45 minutes (he said the presentation would be over in 15) and then literally had to tell him to leave my house so I can put my kids to bed. My wife was livid. He gave me the certificate as he left and at that point told me the card was mailed by another vendor. Very shady.

It's now been exactly 3 months since I mailed the certificate and no response from Regal Gift Cards. I've emailed their customer service but no response and no follow up phone numbers are listed. I'm surprised to find an actual employee here advocating for RGC and hope you can help, but would say my experience of this so far has left me with pretty low expectations.

I'm sorry your experience with the RGC Vendor in your area took longer than you expected. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over the in-home demonstration of products and/or services offered by participating vendors. However, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I manage the gift card program you participated in. And, as I mentioned, we do sometimes get overwhelmed at the response to our program. We do get behind at times and sometimes things have been lost in the mail. As I mentioned in the earlier post, the reason we mail an address verification form before we send an actual gift card is because data entry errors are sometimes made when redemption certificates are keyed into the system. Keep in mind, we are essentially mailing cash through the mail. So, if your gift card is sent to the wrong address, the recipient can and will use that free gift card. It is simply a failsafe to ensure that you receive your gift card and our costs are kept under control. Once again, I hope this clears up the purpose of our address verification form and I trust you did in fact receive your $50.00 gift card? If not, please visit our website, click the "Contact Us" link, and explain the situation. It's not too late to get your gift card if you did not receive it for any reason. We will make sure you get the gift card you were promised. Thank you. We hope to hear from you soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter