Refrigerators

We are staying (2 families) at the AoA in August so I just called the resort.

My family is staying in a Nemo suite, and the other family in a Little Mermaid room.

I've read that the Suites are OK, but nothing concerning the Little Mermaid rooms so I wanted to double check

CM Delilah said that there are NO issues with the refrigerators at the Art of Animation. I asked her to confirm that the LM rooms are OK and she said they were.

So either those are non-recall units since the resort is so new, or they replaced them quickly..again perhaps because the resort is so new with high demand.

Just wanted to toss out what I heard...

I hope they put the fridges back by January! DBF can't eat out a lot or he gets sick..so we were going to make a lot of our meals

Just wanted to share here that someone who just returned from POP did not have a working fridge and was given a $15 per night credit. It was just posted in the POP FAQ thread.

I really think it's terrible that they aren't comping people in some way for not having a fridge in the room...even just a Disney Gift Card for $100...a discount off your room...something. People booked rooms with fridges. When you don't deliver on what is essentially a contract, you need to compensate people somehow. Very poor on Disney's part IMO.

$100 is an awful lot to expect...

Before complaining about them doing nothing and claiming they have poor service, you might ask if they are going to do anything instead. ;) Disney IS going to give compensation to those who request a fridge but do not get one. According to what was posted on the Disney Travel Agent site, they will be giving a $15/night credit if they cannot provide a working unit. I think this is very generous considering values did not even come with fridges until Spring of last year, and prior to that they cost only $10/night if you wanted to rent one. As for it being a contract, amenities are never a guarantee in any resort, not just Disney. I've stayed at places with the pool being closed without notice before and never once did I think to ask for compensation. Things happen. The affected units were recalled due to a fire hazard. One caught on fire at GC at Disneyland. It's not like they just decided to take them for no reason. I have no doubt that they will work as quickly as they can to resolve the issue.

HI! Do you know if you request when you are checking in or before? thx

Don't get me wrong, I fully believe that they should be making all guests aware of the situation, but to say that they are doing nothing to make the situation better (which is what I was responding to), is not accurate. :goodvibes

As for who gets the compensation and who doesn't, I don't think it is a matter of who whines the loudest. They just will not know which fridges will be working and which ones won't (because not all models are affected) until a guest physically checks into their room, so they can't give compensation to everyone ahead of time when they very well may have a working fridge in their room upon arrival. I know that current guests were immediately notified with letters left in their rooms. Hopefully there will be some type of broad notification sent out to guests arriving in the coming weeks/months.

Ooops I jumped the gun...didnt read thru before asking my question that you answered here :rolleyes1 Also I checkin on Mon July 29th and have had no notice...oh well I will see what happens when I get there.

Before complaining about them doing nothing and claiming they have poor service, you might ask if they are going to do anything instead. ;) Disney IS going to give compensation to those who request a fridge but do not get one. According to what was posted on the Disney Travel Agent site, they will be giving a $15/night credit if they cannot provide a working unit. I think this is very generous considering values did not even come with fridges until Spring of last year, and prior to that they cost only $10/night if you wanted to rent one. As for it being a contract, amenities are never a guarantee in any resort, not just Disney. I've stayed at places with the pool being closed without notice before and never once did I think to ask for compensation. Things happen. The affected units were recalled due to a fire hazard. One caught on fire at GC at Disneyland. It's not like they just decided to take them for no reason. I have no doubt that they will work as quickly as they can to resolve the issue.
Here we go again with people judging others for getting not what they paid for at booking. I am tired of people saying people who expect a fridge (since there has been one in the room in previous bookings) are unreasonable in not being happy with the removal of the fridges. I am not happy that months after I booked I read where they were removing the refrigerator. No one emailed me or called me or gave me any type of credit to my booking which was already paid in full. I know the safety concern is number one, but for the inconvenience even the $15 credit would be enough to cover renting another refrigerator and that would be acceptable. But for those who say I and others are complaining and whining over a fridge after we have already spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS-to you I say I booked a room with a refrigerator and if it is not available let me know so that if other accommodations are required then I can proceed what best suits me or offer a credit per night of stay. I know that if a ride is down (which is common at least in one of the parks) or the pool is closed temporarily, that is not as much of a concern as the refrigerator. Just please don't judge me or say I should feel differently. All we want is updates and the CMs don't seem to know anything when I call. For all those who expect a refrigerator
I hope we get what we paid for at booking and for those who don't need or want one then you had nothing to lose.

Here we go again with people judging others for getting not what they paid for at booking. I am tired of people saying people who expect a fridge (since there has been one in the room in previous bookings) are unreasonable in not being happy with the removal of the fridges. I am not happy that months after I booked I read where they were removing the refrigerator. No one emailed me or called me or gave me any type of credit to my booking which was already paid in full. I know the safety concern is number one, but for the inconvenience even the $15 credit would be enough to cover renting another refrigerator and that would be acceptable. But for those who say I and others are complaining and whining over a fridge after we have already spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS-to you I say I booked a room with a refrigerator and if it is not available let me know so that if other accommodations are required then I can proceed what best suits me or offer a credit per night of stay. I know that if a ride is down (which is common at least in one of the parks) or the pool is closed temporarily, that is not as much of a concern as the refrigerator. Just please don't judge me or say I should feel differently. All we want is updates and the CMs don't seem to know anything when I call. For all those who expect a refrigerator
I hope we get what we paid for at booking and for those who don't need or want one then you had nothing to lose.

I have never judged anyone on this site. My response was to a poster who was complaining that Disney was not going to do anything for people which was not true. My post was nothing more than informational, not judgemental in the slightest way. So your "here we go again" remark has absolutely nothing to do with me, so why would you quote me? :confused3

I saw a lot of facts in that post you quoted... Not much judgement. Saw quite a bit from you though.

I don't get what's up with the holding of thousands of dollars? We ALL pay thousands of dollars, including the poster you quoted and clearly don't feel the same way you do.

You just happen to be accusing a poster that has routinely kept a positive attitude and refrained from argument as long as I can remember.

Just wanted to share here that someone who just returned from POP did not have a working fridge and was given a $15 per night credit. It was just posted in the POP FAQ thread.

Thanks for this info. We are checking in to Music on Sun Aug 4 and since I expect the foodcourt to be a madhouse (hope I am wrong) with the bussing of Sports guests our plan was to keep some food in the room for breakfast and sandwiches, milk, yogurts etc. for the kids. We are not comfortable leaving meat and milk products only on ice as it melts quickly and at Disney sometimes we are out of the room for hours and hours at a time. I have had food poisoning in the past (not Disney) and I will never risk that.:sick:
Praying for a working fridge and not a credit as the whole point was to avoid the foodcourt.

P.S. your previous post was not judgmental at all. Thanks for all the info. you give out to people.:)

I agree. Ppl. have a right to be upset. Ppl. booked something with the expectation that what they saw "advertised" would be provided, and now many of those ppl. will be surprised and disappointed to find out that they will not be getting everything that was "advertised." It's wonderful that there are some ppl. who are not effected by the fridge issue or who simply do not see it as a big deal, however it is also perfectly acceptable and reasonable to assume that there are many other ppl. who this will effect, who will be upset and who will be inconvenienced by this. Throw on top of it that Disney hasn't even attempted to notify its guests...that's pretty sad, and only gives these ppl. more of a reason to be upset, as many won't be able to plan ahead or have a plan B if possible for them.

I have spoke with 3 different cast members for Coronado Springs about the fridge situation. All 3 times, I have been told I will have a fridge (not medical necessity). I am now 10 days out from my trip and I called again today. They said it would be no problem and they were very nice. Just wanted to post this in case someone else was wondering about that particular resort.

I just returned 4 days ago from a 2 wk. stay at CBR and I had a fridge and I think it was new. I even asked about the fridges being changed out in some resorts when we checked in, and they didn't even know what I was talking about.

I called maybe 2 weeks ago to make sure I had a fridge at ASMu in September. (Toddler wants milk the second she wakes in the morning.) The CM said I had to make requests through Travelocity since that's where I booked the room. So I called Travelocity last week and that agent talked to a CM and put me on hold for the call. He said the CM told him we would have a fridge.

I am not holding my breath though... Especially since I requested a pack n' play on the same phone call and the Travelocity agent acted like he had never heard of one!:rolleyes1

I called the number on the letter from Disney regarding refrigerators. The option for POFQ was not on automated response. I got a CM and she said that POFQ had new refrigerators but not in all rooms. She said if I do not have one then call front desk and one will be brought to the room. She said the nerefrigerators are there but have not all been put into the rooms. CM also said that POFQ was not as badly affected as Riverside.

Here we go again with people judging others for getting not what they paid for at booking. I am tired of people saying people who expect a fridge (since there has been one in the room in previous bookings) are unreasonable in not being happy with the removal of the fridges. I am not happy that months after I booked I read where they were removing the refrigerator. No one emailed me or called me or gave me any type of credit to my booking which was already paid in full. I know the safety concern is number one,but for the inconvenience even the $15 credit would be enough to cover renting another refrigerator and that would be acceptable. But for those who say I and others are complaining and whining over a fridge after we have already spent THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS-to you I say I booked a room with a refrigerator and if it is not available let me know so that if other accommodations are required then I can proceed what best suits me or offer a credit per night of stay. I know that if a ride is down (which is common at least in one of the parks) or the pool is closed temporarily, that is not as much of a concern as the refrigerator. Just please don't judge me or say I should feel differently. All we want is updates and the CMs don't seem to know anything when I call. For all those who expect a refrigerator

MORE than enough. A Baby's Best Friend rents refrigerators for $40 for three to seven days.

I called the number on the letter from Disney regarding refrigerators. The option for POFQ was not on automated response. I got a CM and she said that POFQ had new refrigerators but not in all rooms. She said if I do not have one then call front desk and one will be brought to the room. She said the nerefrigerators are there but have not all been put into the rooms. CM also said that POFQ was not as badly affected as Riverside.

Glad to hear it should work out for you! Have a great trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter