• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refillable mugs

pmurphy713

<font color=purple>Will miss the Gourmet Pantry...
We will be going to WDW in April and staying at the Poly. When we went last time, we stayed at the Contemporary. We bought the refillable mugs at the Contemporary and saved a bundle on drinks! Does anyone know if you can use the Contemporary mugs at the Poly?? If so, where?

Thanks for the advice and help!

2002 - Polynesian

Can't wait to get there!!!:pinkbounc

No they don't want you using ref. mugs from other hotels. I sure wish they did. They're a great money saver and a nice souvenir.

I have a mug from DL (2000) that I have since used at ASMu and ASMo without any trouble.

I didn't abuse it - I mostly got water - but did fill up with the occasional lemonade or soda.

Doesn't hurt to take them and try, I guess. If nothing else - you have a bigger water container than the little cup you get if you ask for water.

You can use refillable mugs from one All Star resort to another (think of the resort as one big one with three sections). You cannot use refillable mugs between resorts other wise. If you purchased a mug at the Poly, it is not "good" at the Contemporary, etc. You can however bring the old mug to use in the resort where it was purchased. Have fun!

pmurphy713,

This topic has been the subject of many a heated debate here in recent years. Here's what I can tell you:

1) The "official" policy is the mugs are good during your current stay at the resort. I say "official" because it isn't published anywhere, but is the consensus of the answers given when various people have called WDW to ask about the use of the mugs.

2) You can't use them at other resorts, other than "sister" resorts (i.e. ASMu and ASSp).

3) You can't use them on future visits.

4) BUT, local food court managers often have different opinions. They MAY allow you to re-use them, but don't be surprised if you're told "no".

Thanks all for your replys. I think we might do what some of you suggested and take ours and try. If they won't let us use them, we'll probably buy some more because of being such a good value!

2002 Polynesian

I read the sign at AKL this visit, it states that the mugs are good only at the food court there.
The sign at the Poly says the same thing, as does the one at CBR.
You may use All stars mugs at any all stars resort. You may use a PO mug at Riverside or FQ.
You may not use a Poly mug at AKL. It is good for life, you may bring them on return visits, assuming you are staying at that resort.
Contrary to popular belief, purchasing one say at the Contemp and then moving to AKL expecting to use the Contemp one will not work. You must buy a new one for AKL if you wish to use the unlimited drink mug program. There are signs where ever these mugs are sold, they are very clear in their wording. It is not rocket science to understand the meaning of these words. If some people want to push the system, then go for it, eventually enough will do this and they will discontinue the program.
Deb's site is pretty clear on this program, www.wdwig.com
She goes to the source (in this case Disney) and gets the facts.

I'm going to need an extra suitcase just for my mugs. I must have at least 15, This year we're going to add Tubbis because we're staing at the Swan for 4 nights and then switching to AKL. Oh well. We''l probably eat at the food court at POR and maybe even the ASMo too so I'll have to have those on hand. We always have family come and visit us so I take some extras. I know when we used the All Star ones a cast member even commented on how she preferred the old ones I had to the newer version. There has never been a problem using them on subsequent trip. Whenn we purchased them years ago they said they were good at any All Star forever. I'm not sure of the current policy but I'm abiding by the sign when we purchased them. Hopefully I'll be able to use the Mara mugs I purchased last year whwn we stayed at AKL.

We have always been told they were good on future visits.

We have used our WL mugs 3 times

Our DxL mugs were used on our 1st stay at DxL and '00 at PO. We will use them again at PO-R in June. I even had a CM tell me she hadn't seen one of our mugs in a while. They are large yellow mugs(I think 20 oz). We have surely gotten our moneys worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter