Redundancy

Mrs Dazzle

<font color=009900>Florida-mad (well, mad full sto
Well, after over two years of being messed around and told I'm being made redundanct now, then three months, six months, a year later, yesterday I finally received my "official" three months notification of redundancy.

Sad? You bet, after 14.5 years I will be sad to say:wave: farewell. but it's happening to all my company (in fact we're already down from 1500 two years ago to c200). But now life's insecurities are raising their heads and today I'm feeling a little :( , but I know I will soon :bounce: back.

Just need a likkle encouragement from anyone who's been in the same situation to assure me it'll all work out;)

My biggest fear is the next three months will really drag by, but I've got bucket loads of paperwork to sort/bin/file/shred, so am sure three months won't seem that long at the end, and the best news of all is that I get to have school summer holiday off with my DD for the first time ever:D . . . and even better a fantastic trip to Mouseville in October.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi,

I've been made reduntant twice (so far!) and although it was very painful at the time I can honestly look back and say each time I ended up better off, quickly getting a better job, working for a better company and for a higher salary.

Good luck!

Paul

Hi Annie,

It will get better, it has happened to my DH 3 times now and each time, even though you know it is coming, it still hits you square on the chin. It only lasts a little while and then your natural optimisim kicks in and you start looking forward, eventually realising that it was the best thing - who wants to carry on working somewhere when you know that the sword is going to fall on you sooner or later. What a great Summer you can have now with your DD. We are also going to the magic Oct/Nov, might see you there?

Loads of Pixie Dust on its way to you.

Jennie

Hi Annie :wave:

Oh, that's sad news. I've been made redundant once and it was really awful watching the company be slowly dismantled around me until my last day.

But, like you say, lots of nice things to look forward to now! And now we can arrange to meet for coffee too! :)

Astrid x

Sorry to hear your news - hope that you find you Silver Lining :) - cos I am sure this cloud will have one!

:D :D :D

In the meantime Good Luck and PD for you ~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Sorry to hear your bad news but yes it will all work out. I was made redundant 7 years ago after 10 years with a company and yes it all worked out fine, that is until this last year, when things have started to look bleak for the company. There have already been redundancies made just this week and I don't think that's the last of it. I think I'll be lucky to be in this job at the end of the year and although that's very sad, I work with some really good people, having been through it before I'm not too scared or worried as I honestly believe all will work out in the end.

When I was made redundant my DD was nearly two and I had gone back to work just three months after she was born as money was tight so I decided to use my redundancy money and take three months off, no looking for other work, just being at home with my daughter and it was great. Take this time out with your family, enjoy it for the gift horse it is, and when you're ready something else will come along.

Annmarie

I'm sorry to hear your sad news. Best of luck for finding something in the near future. Carolyn

Hi Annie,

Hope things work out for you in the immediate future.

Keep us posted.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Annie, sorry to hear that you've had your redundancy notice :( but, like everyone has already said, make the most of the unexpected time with your family, and I really hope something positive will come of this in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter