Redeeming Disney Rewards

shafke

Morituri Nolumus Mori
So it look like I waited too long to redeem rewards points prior to leaving for our trip. We leave on 19th and card would not arrive til 22nd.
It seems that it is possible to get a new rewards card on the ship. Would this be at guest services? I would then need to call Visa to have the points applied to the card and then go back to guest services to have the card balance applied to the on board account. Does this sound correct?

This sounds correct if you can get the card onboard (this I do not know). What you describe is what the experience would be at WDW if you didn't get your card in time. I almost had to do a similar thing when a card got lost in the mail before our trip. Thankfully, the replacement showed up just in the nick of time and I did not have to go get a new rewards card at the parks.

Are you going to Disney World prior? I am pretty sure that is where we picked up a new card. This is from the website: There are several locations at both the Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort where you can pick up a Disney Rewards Redemption Card. For a list of in-Park locations, go to the How to Redeem page in the Rewards Dollars Details section. Or, call 1-800-300-8575 for locations. After you receive the card, call the number located on the sticker on the front of the card to activate and load it with Disney Rewards Dollars from your Disney Rewards account.

Not sure you can get the card on the ship. But as other have stated, there are places at WDW. The other way is if you have an old card, you can load the current rewards on to it. Then, no waiting for the new card to come in. You can also expediate them, but there is a cost involved.

I know you can get a Redemption Card at WDW. And I think at the Port Canaveral terminal, though I don’t see that listed an the website. Ask at check-in.

I know they say to allow 10 days, but i’ve always received it by mail In less than a week. If you want to take that chance.

Enjoy your cruise!

I believe I've seen reports of people getting the cards at the terminal at check in. I doubt they would be available on the ship.

While this may not help you now, the cards no longer have an expiration date so there's no need to wait until close to your trip to order the redemption card. I have one that I ordered a couple years ago and I can just keep loading points onto that. It's so much easier now that I don't have to worry about my redemption card expiring before I use the points on it.

I don't know if you can request a new card onboard but I do know you can ADD funds to your card at guest services. The reward dollars balance I had expected was not correct when applying the rewards balance to our onboard account. The CM pulled the phone out and dialed the Disney VISA people and had me speak to a customer service rep and viola our card was updated with the more current balance (I must have missed the most recent billing cycle when I requested the funds be added prior to our trip). Good Luck and Happy Cruising! :)

I would call the Disney Visa people and ask. Otherwise I believe there is a rush shipping option that cost around $10 which may be worth it.

I would call the Disney Visa people and ask. Otherwise I believe there is a rush shipping option that cost around $10 which may be worth it.
Long story short... I was on the phone with Disney Visa and they were the ones that told me I could get a card at the port (on the ship?). They just were not clear on where I would go to pick up the card.
Any way... I have a week... If I am lucky (ha ha) my old card will turn up.

Long story short... I was on the phone with Disney Visa and they were the ones that told me I could get a card at the port (on the ship?). They just were not clear on where I would go to pick up the card.
Any way... I have a week... If I am lucky (ha ha) my old card will turn up.
At the port would mean at the terminal when you check in, not on the ship. Which is what I remember hearing previously about getting the card before a cruise.

Just back... the Rewards Card can be obtained at Port Canaveral.
After we checked in we were directed to go down to the guest services/supervisors desk (we checked in at window at the far left windows and the supervisor was at window 30 or something (far right). They will give you a new rewards card. Before you the ship leaves port you will then need to call 800# on your CC to transfer the points. After that it is down to Guest Services on the ship to apply the balance to the on board account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter