Red Grapes?

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
Does anyone know how many carbs are in Red Grapes?? I had a few at lunch today and was just wondering...they were really good too!:p

Thanks

Listed in the Atkins Carb Gram Counter....it just says Grapes, it doesn't say red or green. 1/4 cup = 7.1 total carbs...Net carbs=6.7.

Tracy

Thanks, Tracy! I am not sure how many I had, but it was just a handful, so I will count them as 7 carbs...they were worth it, I haven't had grapes in so long! LOL

They're high in natural sugars, and are a high-glycemic food.

From the USDA Nutrient Database:

Grapes, red or green (european type varieties, such as, Thompson seedless), raw, 1 cup, seedless

Carbohydrate, by difference g 28.432
Fiber, total dietary g 1.600

Originally posted by dizneegirl
They're high in natural sugars, and are a high-glycemic food.

It's interesting that you mention high-glycemic in your post. I recently read an article in the Readers Digest about this! Pardon the ad lib, they were saying that studies are showing that watching the glycemic value of food (versus fat grams or carb grams) was a better way to lose weight and maintain it. Are you familiar with this train of thought? I have tried to find more informtion on this, but haven't had much luck.

geetey,
do an internet search for high-glycemic.
There's a bunch of info out there.
Interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter