• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Red Cross Will NOT Stop Calling--VENT!

Block the numbers that have called you and only answer unknown numbers after they leave a message if you choose. I have no special app for this although one might exist.
BBB is a for profit organisation so unless a not for profit has paid to join it's pretty usless. I already know that my SAG does not currently have a unit tracking annoying calls so no sense in me calling Albany.

Can you have the phone number they have you registered with changed? Change it to: (Your area code) - 555 - (pick any 4 digits.) The "555" prefix doesn't ring anyone. That's why movies & TV shows use it.

Call blocking no longer works on Android phones since Version 6. It used to be that the call blocking features would hang up on phone calls. NOW, all they do is shunt the phone calls to voicemail faster. :badpc:

I have nomorobo and block their numbers. I do give pretty regularly, but it's still annoying.

I just learned that the Red Cross sells the blood to hospitals, I never knew that!

My friend has a rare blood type, and she gets calls frequently.
I used to donate regularly, but I have a common blood type. I never get calls.

We used to get calls for my oldest daughter constantly. Even me telling them that she didn’t live here because she was in college didn’t deter them.

Once when she was here and answered the call she told them unfortunately she was unable to donate due to her medication. The operator then demanded to know what medication and that daughter must be wrong and probably could really still donate. (I know you can still donate with most medications, so this could be some helpful info for people who are uninformed but it was said in a very pushy and rude manner.)

I'm O+, CMV negative (meaning my blood can be given to extremely high risk groups, like preemies), and I try to donate regularly. They start calling me a week before I'm eligible to get me on the schedule.

The best way to get them to stop calling is to just book a appointment right after you've donated. If you can keep the appointment, great. If not, when you get the reminder email, go on and reschedule it to something further out. I've never gotten calls when I'm already booked.

DH was HARASSED several times a day by the Red Cross. He changed his number with them to a fake number. No more harassment :)

There is a (slim) risk with doing that. If you donate blood and their testing reveals a health issue, they will have no way to notify you.

There is a (slim) risk with doing that. If you donate blood and their testing reveals a health issue, they will have no way to notify you.
They have his email though. But he honestly stopped giving because of the harassment. It was too much.

I have donated and never been called

The Red Cross doesn't do blood donations here that I am aware of. But the Blood Bank here does call to remind you when you are eligible to donate again. And they tested me to see if I was a good plasma donor, and they call more about that than blood donation. Haven't done it yet, to be frank, not sure I want to sit there for 90 minutes to two hours.

I understand your anger but remember that the person on the phone has NO control over who they call. Getting angry with them will do nothing to solve your problem.

True, but it seems the people are not doing their job if they have said they will take OP off the call list and they don't. And then they apparently hang up on OP rather than have a normal conversation advising of their policy. If they can't even do their job correctly and don't have basic customer service skills, then I would have no qualms being upset with the frontline employee and requesting an escalation.

Last edited:
OMG I just saw a segment on the news about how Red Cross is in need of donations. Apparently this time of year is a slow time for blood donations.

I have nomorobo and block their numbers. I do give pretty regularly, but it's still annoying.

I just learned that the Red Cross sells the blood to hospitals, I never knew that!

And they get good money for it, too. I remember the hospital I worked at paid about $90 for a unit of blood, and that was 25 yrs ago.

Such a shame. The blood is so needed, yet the telephone harassment and the abrupt rudeness of the nurses likely turns off so many people. I know the need must be dire right now because we are being bombarded with calls and just yesterday I saw that the Catholic parish down the street from my mother's home had a blood drive going on while masses were still running. I've never seen that happening before. Our church holds our drives on Monday nights.

In case anyone is unaware their calls are not subject to Do Not Call Registry.
Are nurses making these phone calls?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter