Recently returned from POR (8/7-8/10)

ceburto2

Mouseketeer
Hello,

My wife and I just returned from a (too brief) stay at the POR and wanted to give our thoughts and invite any questions.

First off didn't use the buses, so no comment there. We always rent a car when visiting Orlando.

The resort is beautifully landscaped and if you like ducks and rabbits, this is the place for you. I was scared the ducks would carry away the children who stop to feed the little beggers (the ducks not the kids). Water, water everywhere...plenty of small pools in the outlying building groups + the main pool on Old Man River + and the river that runs through the resort. Speaking of the river, the boat ride to Downtown Disney is really relaxing. Winds past the Treehouses, through LBV golf course and past (the soon to be defunct) Disney Institute buildings.

Food court is fast and courteous. We only used it for breakfast. Beignets (french donuts) are fab (3/ $1.89). Didn't eat at Boatwrights.

We had a room in Alligator Bayou, building 27. Close to Food Court, haul to parking lot when loaded with luggage. This is a corner room and the two windows were nice. Housekeeping makes those towel animals everyone seems to love. They must take a class. "This is how you make a moose out of a handcloth, 1 bathmat, and a bakers dozen of loofa sponges"

The one item that sets this resort apart and insures we will return is the force of nature known as Bob Jackson. He is the entertainment, nay, he is the experience that occupies the River Roost bar. By far the most fun I have had at WDW in some time. He is the 5th park! If you like good clean family entertainment that is extremely participatory, this is the place for you. Usually the fact that a bar serves beer is enough to guarantee my presence, Bob is bonus!

Hope this helps,
ceburto2;)

Thanks for the review - glad to hear you had a great time! We love POR too and recently stayed in building 26! We like to think of POR as a 2nd home! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter