Recent Memory Maker Experiences?

Sorry to kind of hijack the thread, but I figure this question fits in pretty well here. I will be visiting this summer. There are three in my party, staying for 2 weeks, but we also have a group of four others with a separate reservation that will be meeting up with us for the beginning of our trip.

Will we be able to have everyone in the group get pictures under one Memory Maker package to share?

I called to add the MM to my package and the CM on the phone told me that my parents can also use their Magic Bands to add photos to my MM. They have a separate reservation but they are linked to ours in My Disney Experience. The CM said that everyone that is linked can view the photos as well, as long as the person in charge of the MM allows them to (a setting you can change in MDE I guess). Hope this helps!

So is there still photopass or has this become memory maker? We used photopass last year but I don't see that on the Disney site anymore....

Photopass was renamed Memory Maker..they are technically the same thing. Except the Memory Maker is just digital pictures. You don't get a cd or anything like that. They are still called Photopass photographers.

There is still a photopass, my understanding is that this one doesn't do the ride pictures. Here is a link to a discounted price for it. You can still see the CD on the website.

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/wdwsave

PhotoPass is actually the name of the picture taking service; Memory Maker has replaced the PhotoPass + CD. What VacaPlanner0425 posted the link to is the PhotoPass Archive CD, which as she pointed out, does not include ride and dining photos (Memory Maker does.)

I'll be taking a family group of 13 to Disney World in the fall and am seriously considering springing for Memory Maker. Would love to hear details from those of you who recently used this feature - including how many photos were taken and what percentage of them were acceptable quality or better.

We just used it this past March. We were a group of NINETEEN (19) ... yep...

We had a GREAT experience. I was very careful to talk to Disney before purcahsing the package to make sure I had my facts straight.

That being said. If you want to be sure to get EVERYONE'S pictures in on your Magic Maker, you only need to make sure they are all listed as friends and family on your My Disney Experience *and* each person needs to be listed as allowing the owner of the Magic Maker package to view their pictures. ( If a person is managed by someone else, that's fine, children for example. as long as that manager allows you to view all their pictures ).

When we got back, we had a nice package filled with 466 pictures ready for download and could then distribute to the gang.

Would do again!

Our internet can be slow or spotty (when live on the edge of the city). About how long did it take you to download your pictures? And do you consider your internet fast or slow?

Our internet can be slow or spotty (when live on the edge of the city). About how long did it take you to download your pictures? And do you consider your internet fast or slow?

Actually, Disney did a good thing for this. When you go retrieve your pictures after, if it's a very large download ( like ours was ), they plit it up into "parts". Its all zip files, so that way you don't have one huge 800 Megabyte file that if it fails you have to start all over. ( though we personally do have fast internet )

We used it the wee before last. They were 5 of us. We have 235 photos. Most are ride photos. Those can be lots of fun to make crazy faces, strange poses extra. We got a few magic shots not many. Almost all photos are good. A few I wish the photographers would have mentioned something for us to change, for example in one photo my hubby has his extra pants draped over his shoulder.
I could not find how to view on my phone. If you want to, you can stop in the photo places onsite and they can show you the pics.
After returning home you can add borders and such to the pics before downloading.
Hope that helps.
One time we went to the Halloween Party and I waited in line to get a picture with the 7 dwarfs. It was get in, and get out! I get the picture and I am standing right in front of a dwarf! So the picture was me and the 6 dwarfs. You would of thought the photo people would of said something!!!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter