Recent cruisers testing positive at port? Have they been Mostly children?

DMickey

Mouseketeer
We are a party of 8 vaccinated adults cruising middle of January. Was curious if anyone would share their experiences of Covid positive and ages?

No, vaccinated adults are testing positive as well. They are reporting about 4% are turned away at port. Consider though, that if it’s one person; the whole group traveling together is not allowed to board.

That is interesting. Where do they report the 4% figure? I would love to keep tracking that—is it something the CDC is tallying?

I would think that most of them would be adults. The kids would have needed a negative test just before so they are most likely to stay negative? 4% seems like a lot of people even if that takes into account the whole party. I am really worried about false negatives on our upcoming cruse in May...assuming procedures stay the same.

I would think that most of them would be adults. The kids would have needed a negative test just before so they are most likely to stay negative? 4% seems like a lot of people even if that takes into account the whole party. I am really worried about false negatives on our upcoming cruse in May...assuming procedures stay the same.

Keep in mind that when you get a positive result, they'll do a retest on that sample to confirm it. The chances of getting a false positive twice are very low.

I have a friend who tested positive and was turned away at the cruise post. He is a vaccinated adult in his 40's. He started to feel sick later that day.

We are cruising in May and I think I'll give us all home tests before we fly to Florida in hopes to reduce the chance of not knowing we have it and getting turned away at the port.

We were scheduled for the Thanksgiving dream cruise and my wife tested positive. We were convinced it was a false positive since she is vaccinated and had no symptoms at the time. Two days later, even though symptoms were relatively mild, we were glad we weren’t on a cruise. It’s all for the best, but it’s a disheartening experience for sure.

Keep in mind that when you get a positive result, they'll do a retest on that sample to confirm it. The chances of getting a false positive twice are very low.
I thought I read they are not doing retesting.

I thought I read they are not doing retesting.

Well, that's what DCL said when I contacted them about it back in September. They retest the same sample to confirm the positive result. If the retest is negative, then you're clear.

I was thinking about the port testing last night. I wonder if the numbers testing positive are going to go up with the Omicron variant in play (more contagious and possibly milder/no symptoms). I also am a little surprised that places like here and the other one that starts with F don't have more people talking about being turned away at the port for positive tests. Is it possible that Disney is asking people not to publicize when they have a positive test because they don't want to scare people off from booking?

I was thinking about the port testing last night. I wonder if the numbers testing positive are going to go up with the Omicron variant in play (more contagious and possibly milder/no symptoms). I also am a little surprised that places like here and the other one that starts with F don't have more people talking about being turned away at the port for positive tests. Is it possible that Disney is asking people not to publicize when they have a positive test because they don't want to scare people off from booking?

There is, unfortunately, a stigma attached to having Covid that influences people to keep that to themselves.I suspect that’s why no one is online talking about being turned away at the port.

We were scheduled for the Thanksgiving dream cruise and my wife tested positive. We were convinced it was a false positive since she is vaccinated and had no symptoms at the time. Two days later, even though symptoms were relatively mild, we were glad we weren’t on a cruise. It’s all for the best, but it’s a disheartening experience for sure.
This is what I am most anxious about....

Sailing on the Dream on Monday. We’ve both been vaccinated. Do we need to get a test before arriving at the port or no?

Sailing on the Dream on Monday. We’ve both been vaccinated. Do we need to get a test before arriving at the port or no?

No. Only unvaccinated children need to test before arriving. Everyone will test at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter