Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

OP, it sucks that this happened, but really, what's Disney supposed to do? They try to announce closings and refurbs as far in advance as they can. Does it suck that they didn't give the greatest amount of notice? Yes. Could it be far worse? You betcha.

I also wouldn't be happy with Disney sending me a $400 gift card. You bought a $400 gift card. They didn't do anything, you basically got "store credit" for your trouble. They got YOU to pay extra for a different resort, then you called back and got the "store credit" for your stay. Since you were in a panic about all this, it's fine to you. I think Disney has the capability of doing more, but if you're ok with them doing what they did, that's up to you.

What they did do -- move the client to a different resort where there aren't as many interruptions and do it at no extra cost. Disney moved the OP to a deluxe resort for the same price she paid for a moderate resort. While you may not be happy with the $400 credit after "paying" $400 to upgrade, I would -- and it seems OP is, too. I spend WAY more than $400 on food, drinks, and other stuff at Disney in just a long weekend, so it would certainly be used.

What they did do -- move the client to a different resort where there aren't as many interruptions and do it at no extra cost. Disney moved the OP to a deluxe resort for the same price she paid for a moderate resort. While you may not be happy with the $400 credit after "paying" $400 to upgrade, I would -- and it seems OP is, too. I spend WAY more than $400 on food, drinks, and other stuff at Disney in just a long weekend, so it would certainly be used.

No, they didn't move the client. The client moved the client for $400 more. When calling the original number, the client was offered a $400 store credit to basically make the move an even move. They still paid an extra $400 that they didn't want to shell out.

The way I look at it, I am going to apply that $400 right to my balance, and we get to stay at WL for the price of CBR. Considering the options, I'm not disappointed.

No, they didn't move the client. The client moved the client for $400 more. When calling the original number, the client was offered a $400 store credit to basically make the move an even move. They still paid an extra $400 that they didn't want to shell out.

The original poster is clearly happy with the outcome of her contact with Disney. She/he can use the gift card to pay the balance of her reservation and he/she is happy.

For everyone who called, did the CM confirm the construction? Because I just called and they told me the email was an error, and that once the Trinidad pool is done in mid-march, there is nothing else on the construction calendar...

He said the recently got a system upgrade and there was a glitch that sent out the email.

OP, it sucks that this happened, but really, what's Disney supposed to do? They try to announce closings and refurbs as far in advance as they can. Does it suck that they didn't give the greatest amount of notice? Yes. Could it be far worse? You betcha.

I also wouldn't be happy with Disney sending me a $400 gift card. You bought a $400 gift card. They didn't do anything, you basically got "store credit" for your trouble. They got YOU to pay extra for a different resort, then you called back and got the "store credit" for your stay. Since you were in a panic about all this, it's fine to you. I think Disney has the capability of doing more, but if you're ok with them doing what they did, that's up to you.
The are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe resort, and a nice one at that, for the same price that they are paying for CBR. I think it is a good deal unless they don't plan to spend $400 while they are there.

The original poster is clearly happy with the outcome of her contact with Disney. She/he can use the gift card to pay the balance of her reservation and he/she is happy.
The are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe resort, and a nice one at that, for the same price that they are paying for CBR. I think it is a good deal unless they don't plan to spend $400 while they are there.

I never questioned the happiness of the person. I stated they got store credit from Disney. Now if what I quoted below is true, that changes the entire dynamic of this thread.

For everyone who called, did the CM confirm the construction? Because I just called and they told me the email was an error, and that once the Trinidad pool is done in mid-march, there is nothing else on the construction calendar...

He said the recently got a system upgrade and there was a glitch that sent out the email.

Oooo... the plot thickens.
tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

For those that have called to change rooms, have the representatives you've spoken with confirmed that the construction is, in fact, occurring? Also, has anyone who booked with a travel agent been able to rebook directly with Disney or did you have to go through your travel agent? We booked through Orbitz and I've already contacted them twice (once to get our MDE confirmation number and once to add a guest) and it was a long slog each time, with Orbitz putting me on hold to contact Disney and then get back to me.

I just called back, and this CM confirmed the construction. Sorry for the bad info above. On hold waiting for guest services now...

For WL construction we were offered money off our stay (I think it was like 100 a day or something) or a move for no extra cost to another deluxe. We took the move and moved to Poly. Of course we would have been fine with either option if no deluxe was available but the move to the Poly was amazing as we got a room right at the lobby and honestly has been one of my best Disney stays to date.

All that matters here is the end result from Disney. They offered her $400. She can use that $400 to pay for her room which means she got WL for the price she would pay at CBR.

Got to love Disney phone CMs. :rotfl2:

The email couldn't have been more clear with more details and at this point guests know more than they do.

Promise you the permits are extensive, with land disturbance and construction all over the property for a minimum of 2 years.

Got to love Disney phone CMs. :rotfl2:

The email couldn't have been more clear with more details and at this point guests know more than they do.

Promise you the permits are extensive, with land disturbance and construction all over the property for a minimum of 2 years.

Someone probably didn't take 5 minutes to skim the hub when they started work before taking first call. Heck most departments have a clock in time before you officially sign in just for that purpose but most CMs I met used it to change or gossip not check the announcements or meet with their coordinator.

Please post as soon as you get a reply. We almost always stay at a value resort, but this time I splurged for our 25th wedding anniversary. I sure don't want to pay extra to get a positive resolution.

Please post as soon as you get a reply. We almost always stay at a value resort, but this time I splurged for our 25th wedding anniversary. I sure don't want to pay extra to get a positive resolution.

I too am going for my anniversary, albeit not my 25th, only my 4th. Regardless. Still not interested in spending my anniversary dodging construction etc.
Been on hold for 35 minutes so far.

I myself would have liked to know this, I would have booked CBR and asked to move to WL, but I booked WL. Everyone keeps saying she was upgraded. I'm not sure of that, when I booked for May 6 to 21, some of that is at BRV some at WL. I checked everything. The price for most of the mods where the same as WL. POR was $232, POFQ was $247, CSR was $213. CBR was I think $204. I booked WL for $242, so how is it an upgrade. I have been trying hard to figure out how WL is in the same price range as POR, POFQ and FW and just slightly more than CSR and CBR. In fact AoA was $60 more, I know that's a suite, but still a value resort was the more than a deluxe by $60. I'm glad your glad, I am hoping with CBR going out for construction, that WL will open there pool soon, and Romero at one point had RF opening back up in April, although for the price the food at GP looks really good, and cheap for Disney.

I too am going for my anniversary, albeit not my 25th, only my 4th. Regardless. Still not interested in spending my anniversary dodging construction etc.
Been on hold for 35 minutes so far.
I'd be all in to pay for an upgraded Resort if an equivalent gift card was offered to offset the extra cost. Heck I expect to pay out of pocket $1000 for meals anyways

I'd be all in to pay for an upgraded Resort if an equivalent gift card was offered to offset the extra cost. Heck I expect to pay out of pocket $1000 for meals anyways

Begins in may with work in centertown.
Dining merchandising will be closed
Martinique / Barbados. closed during may.

Food available in 3 towns
coke towers throughout resort for refillable mugs

completed next 2 years.

Some of the things he told me. Offered to move me to a different resort (at my expense.) Next available resort to accomodate my party costs 1500USD more for my stay.

Currently waiting to speak to someone else, above him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter