Receipt Hog App

Thank you for posting the breakdown. I was thinking it wouldn't be worth it for the way I shop, but I was thinking bigger receipts would be worth more than small ones. Since I do most of my meat and veg shopping at farms/farmers' markets, my receipts are from running out for milk or rice or spices, lots of small, low-dollar shops but very few big trips.

I think it would be best suited for your type of shopping then (not the farmers market receipts - don't know if they accept those - I'm guessing they make money from the corporations that they are providing data to).

The way the points break down, (5) $20.xx receipts = 50 coins. That's still better than (1) $100+ receipt = 20 coins. Basically this app is most worthwhile if you target just over $20 per receipt. Again, not worth much in cash value but if you want to maximize any efforts that's what to shoot for.

My "Hog is Full" now - does anyone know what that means?

I think it would be best suited for your type of shopping then (not the farmers market receipts - don't know if they accept those - I'm guessing they make money from the corporations that they are providing data to).

The way the points break down, (5) $20.xx receipts = 50 coins. That's still better than (1) $100+ receipt = 20 coins. Basically this app is most worthwhile if you target just over $20 per receipt. Again, not worth much in cash value but if you want to maximize any efforts that's what to shoot for.

My "Hog is Full" now - does anyone know what that means?

You can still feed your receipts but you only get 5 coins instead of what you could get (10, 15 or 20). Your hog will reset to empty every week.

Question - is it worth it? How many "coins" do you have to earn to get a payout? I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer and I know every little bit helps, but this seems like a LOT of effort for very little payout.

Question - is it worth it? How many "coins" do you have to earn to get a payout? I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer and I know every little bit helps, but this seems like a LOT of effort for very little payout.

1000 coins is $5 in either Paypal or Amazon. I downloaded the app the day the OP posted about it. I am 275 coins already. Just doing my normal shopping. I just don't see how it is a lot of effort. Taking a picture takes all of about 30 seconds.

Its super easy!! I started a few days ago and I earned 290 coins. I used some previous receipts and some current ones. I couldnt have earned more if I had saved some previous ones. Now that I know I will enter my receipts right away. I've also told dh to save his too. Most of my grocery bills get shredded so why not lol!

I also like that my wal mart receipts earn points because a lot of wal-mart stuff is for my flex account so i earn my coins and I turn in my recept for flex account

I'm the queen of opting out of these things for that reason, but this one is almost no effort - just snap a pic of your shopping receipts before your toss them. I have about 200 points in just over a week's time and I doubt I've spent more than 2 or 3 minutes total to accumulate them.

Just to clarify I don't think the process itself will take a ton of effort - but moreover it would take be FOREVER (almost a year) to earn 5 bucks...

The value of a receipt is as follows:
<$10 = 5 coins
$10-$50 = 10 coins
$50-$100 = 15 coins
$100+ = 20 coins

According to the above breakdown (thanks for posting it by the way) if I spend approximately $150 a week on groceries it would take me 50 weeks to get to enough coins to cash out.

1000/20 = 50 :confused3 Unless I'm missing something?

Just to clarify I don't think the process itself will take a ton of effort - but moreover it would take be FOREVER (almost a year) to earn 5 bucks...

According to the above breakdown (thanks for posting it by the way) if I spend approximately $150 a week on groceries it would take me 50 weeks to get to enough coins to cash out.

You use receipts from any store that sells groceries, ie. Dollar Tree, Dollar Store, Walgreens, CVS, etc. So even though you are saying you spend $150 on groceries, don't you go to any of these places? Or stop for a gallon of milk here and there? Even if you didn't buy a grocery item, it can be a bottle of shampoo at Walgreens, the store just has to SELL groceries. I am actually suprised how many receipts I accumulate to use for this app.

I've only been doing this since the middle of June and I already have enough coins for $5, actually I almost have enough for $10

I just started less than a month ago, I have about 400 in coins. I'll prob have enough to cash out before my oct trip.

Just wanted to let everyone know to check under the rewards tab every few days. I had a few surveys in there about products I had bought that were worth 10 coins each. It doesn't pop up and tell you about them. I just check every few days.

Sometimes I get "spins" as a reward (not sure why). It works like a slot machine. It usually gives me extra coins but sometimes I don't get any for a spin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter