Reataurant Akershus "The Princess Storybook Breakfast" ?

H&Hmommy

<font color=teal>Begging not required :)<br><font
I just booked this breakfast and would love to know if any of you have been and what you thought.

We went there last November and liked it better than Cindy's. To us, it seemed like the princesses were not as much in a hurry. They were very accommodating with picture-taking and were all pleasant. The food was excellent, as was the service.

We were there in October and were not impressed. The restaurant itself was quite charming and the character interaction was great but the food was pretty bad as was the service. Maybe we were there on an "off" day but we won't go back.

We were there last week and really enjoyed it. We did this one as well as CRT and DD8 and her friend said they liked this one the best as far as the character interaction.

We thought the food was good except for the waffles. The french toast sticks at CRT were much better.

What is the food like at Epcot? We are going to plan on CRT, but maybe doing the princess breakfast at Epcot would be a nice change.

We were there two weeks ago and have also been to CRT. No big differences as far as we're concerned - except for Cinderella, of course. The first thing you get is muffins/pastries and fruit. Then they bring out waffles, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, and potatoes. The food was okay. I also thought that the food at CRT was just okay, but the food isn't really what you come for. The kids enjoyed the princesses - Mulan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, and Jasmine. The whole thing is pretty quick, just like at CRT. "Hello, Princess. May I sign your book?" Take a picture with the kids, then on to the next table.

We really prefer the Norway Princess Storybook Breakfast to CRT. We've now done it twice. Last month, my 8 yo DD was the "princess of the day," got to wave a magic wand to open the restaurant, every princess knew her name, and she received a special magical moments certificate. It was a highlight of our trip. There were more princesses at Norway than at Cinderella's, although Cinderella is never at Norway. During our last visit, Mary Poppins, Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora, Mulan, and Belle were there. We had plenty of time for photos and autographs -- didn't feel hurried at all. Also, I like the service at Norway better. We even had photos and autographs with our server -- she was sweet!

Was there one week ago this morning! We had a wonderful time, even though we arrived late for our PS and were told that most of the princesses had left.

However, we were not the only late arrivals, because another family was seated next to us in the front room - we were the only guests in that room. We had Belle come over right away, then we saw Jasmine, Aurora, Mulan and Snow White.

I thought the overall character interaction was nicely done. They all seemed very sweet and Snow White in particular earned my high praise (so much that the rest of the trip the boys kept finding Snow White souvenirs for me!).

The food was good and we had plenty - fruit (strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew melon), muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles and potatoes. We ate all we wanted and were offered more.

I told dh this is one I want to return to!

Hi Wannabe Princess - we must have been there the same morning !! We were also there a week ago today.

I agree, the breakfast was lovely and the food plentiful. Personally, I thought the potatos had a funny taste... but overall everything was good. Our server, Savina was lovely. Taught the girls how to say Snow White in Norweigan!!

The Princesses were so friendly and definitely took their time. As a matter of fact, after they had all come and gone (the way they work they kinda follow each other so it's princess, princess, princess...) my sister and I realized that we were so focused on the kids we didn't get any pics with the princesses ourselves!! I went to a gentleman who was wearing a headset type thingy and seemed to be in charge and asked if when Belle (our fave who spookily SOUNDED like Belle from the movie - really wierd!!) was completely finished with all the children if she had time could she come back and visit with me and my sister? He was very kind and said he'd see.
Well, not 5 minutes later she came around the corner and said, "you should have spoken up while I was here, I'd love to take a picture with you!" She was awesome!

We will defiinitely do this breakfast again. Well worth it!! :D

Mousefanz-

How fun that we were there at the same time! It is also funny, because I particularly liked the potatoes! I almost ate them all myself! ;)

Sounds like you had a magical morning too!

Hi there... we LOVED this breakfast... it was as good as CRT food & interaction wise... but of course cinderella and her castle are tops.

The food was hot and fresh and very good. Cheeesy, oniony potatoes were deliciious, as we the pastries, eggs, fruit, coffee etc...

Princesses were great, personable and fun... if you would like to see some photos visit my website link below.

You will have a great time at this breakfast

>>^..^<<

The food and service were terrible when I took 4 yr old dd last December. The character interaction was delayed and rushed. It was a big disappointment. We've been to CRT's a few times and have found this to be a much better experience although that does have it's drawbacks.

We may have been at PSB on an "off" day, so we're going to try it again our next trip. If it's really bad again then we will write it off but there have been so many good reviews that I'm determined to give it another try.

We went to the Princess breakfast a few months ago and were dissapointed too. The food was cold and the service was very unorganized. The setup of the restaurant is more crowded and spread out than the castle so the character interaction is a bit off. If you can't get castle reservations than I would still go to get those great pictures of the characters with your children. But I would DEFINATELY try really hard for the castle.

I am reading on this thread that many people who were there recently have enjoyed it so maybe they worked out their service and food issues??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter