• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Really complicated dining plan approach.... help!

jude&jonah

Mouseketeer
Okay so I am going in march for:

4 nights CSR (with dining plus)
1 night BLT (so far with nothing- but want to add deluxe dining)
1 night Poly (no dining and don't intend to add any)

Over the course of the first 4 days at CSR- I will be using all of my TS credits but only 3 of my QS credits. I intend to use the final QS credit on the 5th day to go to BOG before I check into BLT. Once I check into BLT- I'm assuming I'll switch to my new magic band for BLT and that band will include the DxDP right (assuming I call before hand and choose to add that on)?

So that means on that 5th day- I will use my DxDP for 2 ts credits at Cali Grill and then having a remaining 1 ts credit for the following day- my 6th and final day of vacation. That remaining ts credit should still count the following day- right? Up until 11:59pm? That 6th day I will be checking out of BLT and into Poly and want to use that credit for my Ohana dinner since I hate paying OOP for Ohana since it's so high.

When we're staying at Poly- we won't have any dining plan- just the remaining credit from being at BLT. I'm assuming I can bring that magic band to Poly with me and use that previous magic band to pay vs. the magic band that I will use for my Poly room?

In my head this all seems to work out- but I'm sure there's a kink in the plan. I know I could just do the final 2 days all OOP- but I'm totally the kind of person who likes it all prepaid - and not just through AMEX gift cards- but actually prepaid.

Thank you in advance for helping me- tell me if you see any issues with my plan!

Okay good to know- thanks! :) Just wanted to make sure I could technically be using two dining plans at once- one on check out day from the previous hotel- and one on my first day at the new hotel.

But you have to have tickets with EACH dining plan. Are you getting another ticket with that BLT reservation?

Hmmm now I'm a bit confused. I thought that dining was tied to rooms- not park tickets. Am I wrong! I booked 6 days of park tickets when i booked my 4 night csr stay. Then I booked no park tickets when I booked Blt and poly since I already booked them with csr.

To get dining, you must purchase a ticket to go with each room also. The only way you can purchase dining al a carte would be with an AP. Then you can reserve the room and add on dining.

Are you a DVC member or renting points to stay at BLT (which is what I assumed)? If so then your plan is correct and you do not need additional tickets.

If you have a cash reservation at BLT then you must also purchase a one day ticket in order to add dining.

Not ap and not renting points. So sounds like I'll need to change my 6 day pass to only 4 days and then add on 2 days separate right? Thanks in advance!

Not ap and not renting points. So sounds like I'll need to change my 6 day pass to only 4 days and then add on 2 days separate right? Thanks in advance!

or just pay OOP for those meals. No way is that cost effective to order a second set of tickets. the price gets lower for each day as you add on more days.

You can't just "add on" days to an existing ticket. You need to buy a separate ticket. So even if you do a 5-day with the first stay at $289 plus tax and then do the separate one-day at $95 plus tax to get the dining plan, that means you're really spending almost $200 for that DxDDP night. Just pay OOP.

Your dining plan seems correct to me, but once you add dining to a room only ressie, you need to add tix also to turn it into a "pkg". On our latest trip, we did the minimum ticket, which was 2 days per person, since 3 of the 4 of us were starting APs. The tickets don't start the 14-day expiration window until first use, so we're saving them for after the APs expire.

IMHO, unless you're getting "free dining", you might be better off paying OOP, esp. if the places you're going to eat at happen to take TIW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter