Real World Convention Tickets Experience?

Bumping this up. We got a request to sign a COVID waiver, promising not to sue, etc. We already read and agreed (I thought) for the hotel reservations when booked so I thought it was weird....

Bumping this up. We got a request to sign a COVID waiver, promising not to sue, etc. We already read and agreed (I thought) for the hotel reservations when booked so I thought it was weird....

We had to sign a waiver also for the conference in July. My company ended up deciding not to go at the last second, so we ended up missing it. We moved our registration to the 2022 conference. So I still have an unused convention ticket going on 2 years now.

We had to sign a waiver also for the conference in July. My company ended up deciding not to go at the last second, so we ended up missing it. We moved our registration to the 2022 conference. So I still have an unused convention ticket going on 2 years now.

WOW! Two years?! Well, at least they still have value!

Has anyone tried adding Genie+ to a convention ticket yet? We are purchasing them for a meeting in December, but Genie+ isn't an add-on option like it is for regular tickets.

Has anyone tried adding Genie+ to a convention ticket yet? We are purchasing them for a meeting in December, but Genie+ isn't an add-on option like it is for regular tickets.

I haven't (yet) but are you trying to buy all days at the same time? You can only add on Genie+ in advance if you buy for all days. If you only want certain days, you have to wait until the date you want it added and buy it at midnight that day.

I haven't (yet) but are you trying to buy all days at the same time? You can only add on Genie+ in advance if you buy for all days. If you only want certain days, you have to wait until the date you want it added and buy it at midnight that day.
I am trying to add all days. I normally wouldn't, I just know the parks are going to be nuts. We are going Christmas week and the meeting is over New Years. We are doing our park days before the meeting starts. We can add it day by day--I was just trying to save myself the headache.

I am trying to add all days. I normally wouldn't, I just know the parks are going to be nuts. We are going Christmas week and the meeting is over New Years. We are doing our park days before the meeting starts. We can add it day by day--I was just trying to save myself the headache.

hmm, let me check to see if I can do that…

My work is talking about sending me to a conference in February, so I was looking at convention tickets last night. I had an option to buy any of the tickets with Genie+ added in through the convention link (I was looking at 2 day tickets, it was $120 more for my family of 4).

My work is talking about sending me to a conference in February, so I was looking at convention tickets last night. I had an option to buy any of the tickets with Genie+ added in through the convention link (I was looking at 2 day tickets, it was $120 more for my family of 4).

Interesting. I just checked a convention page for Spring 2022 and sure enough Genie is an option. I just rechecked my meeting link and it's not an option. I haven't purchased yet, so I will call the convention number make sure that it can be added the morning of. Otherwise, we'll spend the extra and buy directly through Disney.

Attachments

• 1635208234452.png
    1635208234452.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 42
Interesting. I just checked a convention page for Spring 2022 and sure enough Genie is an option. I just rechecked my meeting link and it's not an option. I haven't purchased yet, so I will call the convention number make sure that it can be added the morning of. Otherwise, we'll spend the extra and buy directly through Disney.
We were there last week with after 5 pm tickets. I was able to add Genie plus the day of. I didn't try to purchase it beforehand. I didn't realize that you could purchase at midnight, so I waited until 7 am to purchase. You definitely need to purchase prior to 7 am, since some rides go quickly.

I called to try to add G+ to our convention tickets and after holding for 45 minutes the CM wasn't able to do it. He said I needed to call ticket services, which was another 2 hour hold so I haven't tried that yet.

We were there last week with after 5 pm tickets. I was able to add Genie plus the day of. I didn't try to purchase it beforehand. I didn't realize that you could purchase at midnight, so I waited until 7 am to purchase. You definitely need to purchase prior to 7 am, since some rides go quickly.
Was G+ able to recognize that you had after 5pm tickets and only offer appropriate ride times that matched? With all the reports that G+ offers “next available time”, I’ve been wondering if it’s a hassle trying to get later times to show up that would work for using an after 5pm ticket.

I know I’ll opening an old thread here. I’m hoping someone has actually used convention tickets recently and can help answer my questions. I’m interested to know how these work in regard to adding to My Disney Experience. Do I add the ticket code number the same way? I’m on the fence about the hopper and plan to only use Genie+ on certain days. Can I buy these upgrades the same way I would have with regular tickets?

You can’t upgrade once youve purchased

Buyer beware

we used them. Great deal
Free Mini Golf was nice too

adding Genie+ to the after 1pm or after 5pm convention ticket isn't easy...for us it did not show up on the MDE app and I had to call the day of...and the agent had a hard time with it and put me on hold a couple of times but in the end she added Genie+ (and gave it to me for free due to the hassle of being on hold)

It does not offer you only after 1pm or 5pm slots for Genie+ reservations so you have to monitor during the day and make a reservation once the time passes your entry time.

I know I’ll opening an old thread here. I’m hoping someone has actually used convention tickets recently and can help answer my questions. I’m interested to know how these work in regard to adding to My Disney Experience. Do I add the ticket code number the same way? I’m on the fence about the hopper and plan to only use Genie+ on certain days. Can I buy these upgrades the same way I would have with regular tickets?

I bought them directly through the link and was already logged into MDE. So all I had to do was assign the tickets.

no way re upgrades but at least for hopper, you have to buy it for length of ticket.

I am buying tickets for members of my party, but whose MDE accounts I do not control. How do I link the tickets to their accounts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter