Real World Convention Tickets Experience?

tigertides

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

This has been posted before, but want to see if any had any RECENT experience using mydisneygroup tickets ?

My understanding from previous posts is that:
1. You do not necessarily have to use park passes during the actual times of the conference
2. Extended members of family are allowed to buy tickets if they aren't attending conference

My questions are:
1. Are your required to book a room at the conference hotel?
we have Marriott points saved up for the Swolphin

2. If Conference gets cancelled/postponed, or if employer disallows attendance for COVID-reasons, are the passes VOIDED?

Much thanks

I've been to conferences at Disney and gotten the convention tickets. I usually stay at one of the Disney resorts for the Magical Express, but have stayed at the Swolphin, too. I don't think it matters for the tickets. Also, the tickets usually expire at the end of the year, so I think you could use them any time until Dec, 31 2021 even if your conference gets cancelled. I last went to a convention right before Disney closed in early March 2020, so I don't know if this has changed since the pandemic, but I don't think so.

We bought conference tickets before ticket sales started back up again. We did not go to the conference (or even know what type of conference it was) we then used the tickets in October 2020 with no issues.

Ok, going to bump this up as I just posted this question on the Tickets + upgrade sticky.

1. Is there a start date for the discounted tickets bought through the convention? Asking because we are going to be there a week before the convention starts, then attend the convention and get a discounted room at the convention hotel, but we want the tickets to be valid from when we are there before the convention.

When I looked at the "ticket details" it just said that it expires 14 days from first use or December 31, 2021, whichever is first. Does this mean that there is no "start" date? I don't want to buy the tickets and find out they aren't valid for the first week that we are there.

OK, I did more research to see what the other conventions T&Cs were and it seems that the tickets are good for 7 days pre-convention, during the convention, and 7 days after. So, I think we are good...

I called a very lovely lady from the convention division a few weeks ago. I got a very satisfactory answer. Essentially, Disney does not police the tickets. They take it on good faith that once you purchase the tickets, you will go during the designated conference time. With that being said, the tickets are designed to be flexible in case conventions are canceled or rescheduled.

So: you can use the tickets at any point from the time of purchase until the end of the calendar year. And nobody’s going to actually supervise if you attended the conference or not.

I called a very lovely lady from the convention division a few weeks ago. I got a very satisfactory answer. Essentially, Disney does not police the tickets. They take it on good faith that once you purchase the tickets, you will go during the designated conference time. With that being said, the tickets are designed to be flexible in case conventions are canceled or rescheduled.

So: you can use the tickets at any point from the time of purchase until the end of the calendar year. And nobody’s going to actually supervise if you attended the conference or not.
I need to figure out how to purchase these convention tickets lol

thanks! Fortunately the 7 days before (if it does that) covers when we first arrive before the conference

But I’ve seen tons of people buying convention tickets that are not going to or affiliated with any convention
Okay, let me say this gently. The convention tickets are targeted for those attending meetings and conventions. There will always be people who find a way to work the system and get something to which they are not entitled. Every meeting/convention has its own website and links to the ConventionEars tickets. I doubt that it would be appropriate to post that information on the disboards.

All I know is my traveling companion gave me the information and said here, go book it for us, lol. She belongs to a lot of healthcare groups and they have conventions throughout the U.S. This one ended up being at WDW when we were already going there so it was kismet....now to figure out what can potentially be written off for taxes :D

Agreed.
Keep in mind convention guests pay hefty registration fees (up to $1000), and a slightly discounted ticket is the perk for being in meetings all day.

I would discourage anyone from abusing the intended use policy.

Yup, my traveling companion's registration fee is a cool $995 for 20 hours of CE. At least the classes are done at lunch time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter