Ready, Set, Let the Games Begin! - Link to new PTR/TR!

Yeah thats helpful :rolleyes1 either outfit could be a dress :rotfl: you're sitting down silly !!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47178612#post47178612

I am going to GUESS that the dress is NOT with the white blazer but the black (could be tank top) regardless love you both, so happy to put faces with names
F I N A L L Y :goodvibes

Ruthie

I thought you were looking at the pictures in THIS TR! :rotfl2: Just realize that Fran is the butch and I am the femme, as she puts it our plumbing is just rearranged. Otherwise we are like just about every other normal couple. :lmao:

That would be a good guess, Ruthie!! :rotfl2:

This is Alison - taken when I stayed with her in November last year.

Yikes! After seeing me in that dress, I need to lose a few more pounds before I wear it again! :faint:

I'm not helping much (when you all see the next update).

So if you've read the first post you know one of the events we are planning during our stay is a potluck cookout on Saturday October 5th. We have a good deal of the menu nailed down, but I haven't posted it yet since we may have a few more additions and haven't quite figured out all the details.

One of the items that Fran and I plan on providing is a queso dip and chips. In the past we have always bought the jars of queso, but recently she mentioned that there were plenty of recipes online for easy queso dip that were much better than the jarred sauces.

So I figured that why not test out a queso recipe on Cinco de Mayo, the American holiday where gringos get extra drunk and pretend they have a link to Mexican Heritage! :rotfl2: I searched online and found recipes as simple as a can of Rotel and Velveeta, to roasting peppers and deseeding them, sautéing vegetables, and all sorts of work. I wanted something inbetween and found something workable for us.

Here are my starting ingredients.

I modified the recipe I found online by substituting diced green chilies for the jalapeno peppers the recipe calls for. This is a half recipe.

8 oz Velveeta
6 oz cream cheese
2 tomatoes sliced
1/2 bunch green onions, green parts chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 can diced green chilies
Cracked black pepper

Melt the cheeses in the microwave. It took about 3 minutes at 60% power to fully melt the cheese.

Mix in the remaining ingredients. Here they are chopped.

And here they are about to be mixed in with the melted cheese.

After tasting the queso I realized that since we substituted mild green chilies for the jalapenos there was no kick to the dip. So I added 15 drops of tabsaco to the sauce and it was really tasty!

So we celebrated Cinco de Mayo in true gringo fashion, with a Margarita and queso and chips!

This recipe will work well for the DISmeet cookout. Now we have to figure out how to keep it warm on the table near the quiet pool at the picnic tables. I'm thinking sterno, but we need a dish....

Way to go on making your own!

We will still be bringing dessert(s). Still thinking brownies (no nuts) and Rice Krispie treats... But could change...

If we bring s'mores stuff could we roast the marshmallows on the grill? Anyone know? Or probably it's charcoal so no...

Ole! The dip looks good. Michael made portobello stuffed ravioli with browned butter and sage sauce, chicken, and salad tonight. We didn't embrace our Cinco de Mayo heritage today. We did last night though. party:

That dip looks great and I'm positive DS will go crazy over it. :thumbsup2

Okay. I'm about to post my next Mickey Micro recipe on my PTR. This one will be the dish I'm planning on bringing to the cook-out.

:thumbsup2

So I figured that why not test out a queso recipe on Cinco de Mayo, the American holiday where gringos get extra drunk and pretend they have a link to Mexican Heritage!

Indeed :rotfl2: My Facebook feed agrees with that statement, and I laughed so hard.

It looks really good!

I thought you were looking at the pictures in THIS TR! :rotfl2: Just realize that Fran is the butch and I am the femme, as she puts it our plumbing is just rearranged. Otherwise we are like just about every other normal couple. :lmao:

Yikes! After seeing me in that dress, I need to lose a few more pounds before I wear it again! :faint:

I'm not helping much (when you all see the next update).

:lmao: My dear friends E & M ( NOT dissers but thats another story ) describe themselves EXACTLY the way Fran does you 2 too cute :thumbsup2

ok gotta catch up on all later Mon & a grueling week ahead all prayers gratefully accepted esp for no more rain here

Ruthie

Just found your PTR so just popping in to say hello :wave2:
The dip you made looks delicious :thumbsup2

Ole! The dip looks good. Michael made portobello stuffed ravioli with browned butter and sage sauce, chicken, and salad tonight. We didn't embrace our Cinco de Mayo heritage today. We did last night though. party:

That dip does look good BUT that ravioli sounds awesome :faint:

Way to go on making your own!

We will still be bringing dessert(s). Still thinking brownies (no nuts) and Rice Krispie treats... But could change...

If we bring s'mores stuff could we roast the marshmallows on the grill? Anyone know? Or probably it's charcoal so no...

I think the brownies and Rice Krispie treats sound great. Do you make your brownie with or without nuts? :confused3

Did he actually MAKE the ravioli? Sounds really awesome!

That dip looks great and I'm positive DS will go crazy over it. :thumbsup2

Okay. I'm about to post my next Mickey Micro recipe on my PTR. This one will be the dish I'm planning on bringing to the cook-out.

:thumbsup2

I tweaked it a little bit and served it at our board meeting last night. A little more of the cheese and a little less of the veggie chunks. It came out better. The only thing is we need to figure out how to keep it warmed at the picnic table. Either that or eat it all quickly! :laughing:

Indeed :rotfl2: My Facebook feed agrees with that statement, and I laughed so hard.

It looks really good!

:rotfl2:

:lmao: My dear friends E & M ( NOT dissers but thats another story ) describe themselves EXACTLY the way Fran does you 2 too cute :thumbsup2

ok gotta catch up on all later Mon & a grueling week ahead all prayers gratefully accepted esp for no more rain here

Ruthie

Thanks! I hope you didn't get more rain.

Just found your PTR so just popping in to say hello :wave2:
The dip you made looks delicious :thumbsup2

I'm glad you made it over here! There will be a lot of stories going on here leading up to the actual trip. I hope you enjoy the ride!

That dip does look good BUT that ravioli sounds awesome :faint:

Thanks! I would take the ravioli over the dip! :thumbsup2

Agree!!!! Yummmmy

::yes::

I am here. Had no idea this was started.
Nice group you have meeting there.
That queso dip looked good.
Yeah all caught up. LOL. It sounds like a fun trip so far.

Eat quickly sounds good to me. :rotfl:

Without a doubt it will probably be gone in a few minutes :)

OK! We won't worry about keeping the queso warm. We'll nuke it in the Villa and then while we cook the TriTip and Mushrooms, we can nosh on that. Your Rice should only take a few minutes to fry up and I assume you want to do that in the Villa. Other than that I think everything either cooks on the grill or is served cold. I'll have to post the full menu in my next update!

I am here. Had no idea this was started.
Nice group you have meeting there.
That queso dip looked good.
Yeah all caught up. LOL. It sounds like a fun trip so far.

Glad you made it over here Scott! :cool1:

We're going to have a really good time! We have a really diverse group of DISers, but I think we'll all get on just splendid and it will be loads of fun! We have never done a trip at WDW with other folks (other than my parents) so this will be new for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter