Reading, seeing and hearing Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOORRRRRRRNNNNING STROMMERS!

I'm in a better mood this morning. My $17 is back in my account. All is right with the world!

Oh, and I happened upon the Riddle at just the right time, knew the answer, and am leading today! Where shall we go?

Morning Shout: YAK, Sher, HorseyBubbles, La2, Rhonda, Erinella, Grammy, Ash, 2IAB, Kimmiepoo, Donna, Mel, Tink, JavaSteph, Shelby, Dr. Dre, yetanotherJen, Minnie Moo, Haley, Brandt, SNAP, PrincessAurora, Frickles, Jamal, Gerribon, Staci, Tracyconnorsmom, Gerribon, NM, PPG, PP, MP, DMM, ODG, Sid, NAB, Minnie, spectrum-turbo, Disfan3, QT Pooh, Latoberg, Mark, Lou, Chapstick, Ed, Joe, MG, LG, hoop, Mr. Silly, ZZUB, darrylpan, SleepyD, LannyBirch and whoever I missed that will never let me forget it (again)

:cheer2: CONGRATULATIONS KIMMIE AND HALEY ON GETTING US TO 8000!!!! :cheer2:

And how could I possibly be behind Marita in the post count? That's just fricken' (sorry Frick) wrong! (sorry Marita)

I shall endeavor to post more. And I agree with Brandt, I think I had a whole chunk of posts disappear, but I can't figure out what thread got zapped that did it. I still have a subscription to M1 and I can't think of anything else upon which I made a whole bunch of posts. Strange.

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat : Today at 08:48 AM. Reason: I don't have much, but don't want to get flagged. I forgot my jacket, and my office is only about 62 degrees. I'm freezing.

Amy~

ME TOO!!! I have on a sleeveless georgette top and it's 40 degrees in here today!!

TG I always keep an extra jacket in my office!!!!!

sleepydog25 said:
The Full Monty! That's it! MG, Marky Mark, berg, jw, myself, et. al. truly could put on a great show!

That's just FOFF (SF), I don't care who you are.

Seriously though. We couldn't do that though...it just wouldn't be right.

Any show with that much manly man content wouldn't be fair to the women here. Just saidin'

Master Gracie said:

Any show with that much manly man content wouldn't be fair to the women here. Just saidin'

MG!!!

That's DOUBLE FOFF (sorry frick)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RED ALERT!!!
Today has already revealed two emergencies in the Fixer house.
1) The coffeemaker is D-E-A-D. Shrek and I poked, prodded, pleaded, and prayed before I jumped in the car for Chick-Fil-A coffee. Free coffee Friday(!) so we are OK until I go shopping.
Who recommends their coffeemaker? I must have programming but don't need a grinder.

2) Squirrels are eating my precious tomatoes. We knew a varmint was after them, but Shrek caught one of the long-tailed rats chewing one up in a tree. Help. Need a squirrel repellent. Tink???????????????????

sheridac said:
Amy~

ME TOO!!! I have on a sleeveless georgette top and it's 40 degrees in here today!!

TG I always keep an extra jacket in my office!!!!!
BORG, Baby!!!!

I have a sweater but it's too itchy, even with Downy.

My cleavage has goosebumps!

jamal said:
RED ALERT!!!
Today has already revealed two emergencies in the Fixer house.
1) The coffeemaker is D-E-A-D. Shrek and I poked, prodded, pleaded, and prayed before I jumped in the car for Chick-Fil-A coffee. Free coffee Friday(!) so we are OK until I go shopping.
Who recommends their coffeemaker? I must have programming but don't need a grinder.

2) Squirrels are eating my precious tomatoes. We knew a varmint was after them, but Shrek caught one of the long-tailed rats chewing one up in a tree. Help. Need a squirrel repellent. Tink???????????????????
Jami, they hate noise. And Hornet spray. I'd spray around the perimeter of the plant and string some bells, empty cans, whatever, between the tomato plant and the tree they are living in. Should stop them. Or you could drape some tulle over your plant to keep the squirrels from getting to your precious fruit.

jamal said:
Need a squirrel repellent.

At the risk of sounding like an unfeeling brute, if you don't live in a densely populated area and own a gun, you could just shoot them.

Master Gracie said:

You know, I agree with you 100%. Might make them swoon. . .and I ain't talkin' from laughter, either. . .:dancer:
Last edited by Master Gracie : Today at 09:10 AM. Reason: They couldn't handle it. Wait...you didn't think I was sadin' we couldn't do it cause of moral restrictions did you?
Heck, no!!! It would from the Ah-nuld in each of us. . .

Master Gracie said:
At the risk of sounding like an unfeeling brute, if you don't live in a densely populated area and own a gun, you could just shoot them.
Squirrel sauce piquante, anyone? :teeth:

Tink - have you ever heard of midwestern chowder????

The old-fashioned recipes call for putting in beef, and pork, and squirrel. But I think my family (the extended family, that is) has dropped the squirrel requirement. It is still cooked outdoors in a giant cast iron pot.

SOOOOOOOOOOO good. It's a reason to go to Illinois in the fall!

jamal said:
Squirrels are eating my precious tomatoes. We knew a varmint was after them, but Shrek caught one of the long-tailed rats chewing one up in a tree. Help. Need a squirrel repellent. Tink???????????????????

Cayenne pepper or red pepper may keep them away, but the only sure way is a barrier to prevent them from being able to get to the tomatoes. Putting wire cages over your tomato plants would probably be your best bet.

GeorgiaAristocat said:
Tink - have you ever heard of midwestern chowder????

The old-fashioned recipes call for putting in beef, and pork, and squirrel. But I think my family (the extended family, that is) has dropped the squirrel requirement. It is still cooked outdoors in a giant cast iron pot.

SOOOOOOOOOOO good. It's a reason to go to Illinois in the fall!
Nope. Never heard of it. But it sounds good! I have to admit that I don't think I've ever actually eaten squirrel. Rabbit, yes. Emeril makes a GREAT rabbit gumbo.

My MIL cooked squirrel once when we lived next door to them. Dick caught one in the woods. It stunk the whole block up. PLICK.

:furious: Morning strommers....... No good about it :furious:

I'm so ticked at my DF. It's my DS's 13 b-day next Wednesday. We'd planned on going out of town to ((gasp)) Six Flags to celebrate. Now he doesn't want to go because it will mess up his precious 4-wheeling Sunday (goes absolutely every weekend) and if we went tonight he couldnt go to W-Mart :crazy:

I'm so ticked I could scream :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

MG, Shrek wants to shoot them, too, but he had to go to work. The little rats are bending my tomato cages, too. It is raining so I can't work on it now.

Squirrel stew??

Ick. Don't eat the squirls.

Sophia got the teacher she (I) wanted :cool1: she is an increadble teacher and I am so happy for her.

Max got the teacher people either love or hate. I like her and think she will be a good fit for Max.

:)

Minnie said:

I'm so ticked at my DF. It's my DS's 13 b-day next Wednesday. We'd planned on going out of town to ((gasp)) Six Flags to celebrate. Now he doesn't want to go because it will mess up his precious 4-wheeling Sunday (goes absolutely every weekend) and if we went tonight he couldnt go to W-Mart :crazy:

Go without him. :smooth:

HaleyB said:
Ick. Don't eat the squirls.

Sophia got the teacher she (I) wanted :cool1: she is an increadble teacher and I am so happy for her.

Max got the teacher people either love or hate. I like her and think she will be a good fit for Max.

:)

Congrats Haley. The right teacher can make all the difference.

I'm still waiting on my phone call from the school. Crossing my fingers for the teacher we want for DD, the same one DS had in Kindergarten.

Last year DS got "the teacher". The one everybody else sad to hope he wouldn't get. I was so upset that I almost went to the principal to see if I could get him switched into someone else's class based solely on what I had heard from another teacher and a couple of parents. Turns out, she was indeed a tough cookie. Just like they sad she was. BUT she was also fair. And her class was on a different level than the other ones in that grade. DS turned out to be her favorite student. He did better in her class than any other year in school and I ended up loving her. I couldn't have handpicked a better teacher for him last year. Anyway, we like his teacher this year. We already met her and I'm still on the lookout for her here. I swear she's a DISer.

Minnie said:

Well, that stinks. Couldn't you just go and leave DF behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter