Reading Challenge 2022

I'm going to try again for 156. I'm not quite sure how I did with last year's because 2021 was the year I broke up with Amazon (and therefore left Goodreads) so I lost track about halfway through. But a friend suggested Storygraph last month so I'm going to try using that as my reading journal app this year. If anyone else has joined/switched to Storygraph, feel free to add me. My username is the same there as here.

Ahhh.....never finished the 2021 list and I think I am a few off of my goal but I'll try to update that one soon.

This year I am lowering my goal as I will be having more hours devoted to watching our grandkids and less available leisure time.

I say 35 this year.

I completely forgot to update last year. I was busy reading. I will keep my goal at around 100 since I went well over that last year. I will even try to update once in awhile.

I'm going to try again for 156. I'm not quite sure how I did with last year's because 2021 was the year I broke up with Amazon (and therefore left Goodreads) so I lost track about halfway through. But a friend suggested Storygraph last month so I'm going to try using that as my reading journal app this year. If anyone else has joined/switched to Storygraph, feel free to add me. My username is the same there as here.
Glad you're back for another go round! I have never heard of Storygraph but will check it out.

I’m going to try for 20 this year.
Ahhh.....never finished the 2021 list and I think I am a few off of my goal but I'll try to update that one soon.

This year I am lowering my goal as I will be having more hours devoted to watching our grandkids and less available leisure time.

I say 35 this year.
I’m in!!

So awesome to see this thread continue year after year! Love it!

i set my goal for 2022 at 45 books
I completely forgot to update last year. I was busy reading. I will keep my goal at around 100 since I went well over that last year. I will even try to update once in awhile.
Glad you are all back!

Very curious about Storygraph. I’ve been faithful to Goodreads for 9 years but would love to hear how Storygraph works and how it compares to GR.

Very curious about Storygraph. I’ve been faithful to Goodreads for 9 years but would love to hear how Storygraph works and how it compares to GR.

It is really similar, and even lets you import your shelves and reviews from Goodreads so you aren't starting from scratch on your to-read shelf or recommendations. The main downside is that it is new and not many people have migrated over, so it is harder to connect with other readers. But the core features - book pages, reviews, recommendations, "buy" links - are the same, except for the fact that when you buy through a StoryGraph book page you're directed to Bookshop.org, which supports indie bookstores, instead of to Amazon.

Last edited:
It is really similar, and even lets you import your shelves and reviews from Goodreads so you aren't starting from scratch on your to-read shelf or recommendations. The main downside is that it is new and not many people have migrated over, so it is harder to connect with other readers. But the core features - book pages, reviews, recommendations, "buy" links - are the same, except for the fact that when you buy through a StoryGraph book page you're directed to Bookshop.org, which supports indie bookstores, instead of to Amazon.

Oh I really love the idea of supporting small bookshops instead of Amazon! I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter