READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this is too off-topic (I have been on the Boards for 5 years and still can never figure out how to properly navigate for official threads/forums). Anyway, how busy are the GET/GR teams at DHS between the entrance time and BG/park-open time? We only have the one day at DHS and only until about 5pm-ish. After we arrive, go thru bag check, and tap in, would there be sufficient time and GET/GR members available to secure a DAS return time for DS7? There's no way that he could handle waiting so long in the morning to be near the front for a RD ride. I don't have experience asking in the past, but I am assuming that we cannot get that done the evening before in MK for the next day, so that leaves us requesting in the relatively short window between entering DHS and getting ready for BG process. Are they swamped that early? I do presume that they would definitely be very busy immediately AFTER opening with BG related questions. Thoughts?

Thanks!!
If you have multiple park days you should get your DAS on the first day for your whole trip.

With a reservation to build a lightsaber at 8:15am, should we try to get a boarding group after #40? Do you think that's safe? Worried about getting a boarding group before 8:00am that could prevent us from getting to Savi's on time.

With a reservation to build a lightsaber at 8:15am, should we try to get a boarding group after #40? Do you think that's safe? Worried about getting a boarding group before 8:00am that could prevent us from getting to Savi's on time.
There's no way of trying to get a specific bg number/ timeframe. You have 2 hours after your bg is called to get on the ride

If you have multiple park days you should get your DAS on the first day for your whole trip.
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. We would already have gotten his DAS the day before at MK. I was inquiring about getting this first ride return time for DHS that day.

There's no way of trying to get a specific bg number/ timeframe. You have 2 hours after your bg is called to get on the ride
I realize that, but we could just keep refreshing to get a later number. My concern is that we will be either in the queue or on the ride when our Savi reservation time comes up. I'm trying to get a feel for what numbers usually come after the 10:00 hour.

I realize that, but we could just keep refreshing to get a later number. My concern is that we will be either in the queue or on the ride when our Savi reservation time comes up. I'm trying to get a feel for what numbers usually come after the 10:00 hour.

With a two-hour window to return, you should have no issues. I would just take whatever BG you can get and figure it out if needed.

There is no refreshing for a larger number.

I guess if you want, just wait 30 seconds after BGs go live, and that'll get you a bigger number.

But beware the futher back you are, if the ride is having issues, all of a sudden what you thought was a 4pm ride, could be a 7pm.

There's a chance they may not even start calling boarding numbers at 815. As said, you get 2 hours to return. So even if they started calling groups right at 7 and you had the very first BG (which I don't know if that's ever been the case) you can still enter at 9

The system is so unpredictable with the numbers that i wouldn't play the refresh game. You can always talk with Savi's cm and get a later time.
Let's say you get called back at 7:30 (if the park opened at 7) you could:
Go to savi and try and move your reservation to later
Or
Wait, do savi at 8:15 ands ride RotR by 9:30

We have a back-to-back Oga's & DD. My plan and suggestion is to just get the BG we get, and then based on how the day/morning goes. With 2 hrs, if the BG has NOT been called by the time of your Savi's you will be fine. If not, you can ask the CM how the line is going OR talk to a GET team before boarding in case you are stuck in line for a while. They can help you recover if needed. Probably won't be an issue, but you would be covered by getting ahead of it in your brainplan (I think I created a word there😀).

My apologies if this is too off-topic (I have been on the Boards for 5 years and still can never figure out how to properly navigate for official threads/forums). Anyway, how busy are the GET/GR teams at DHS between the entrance time and BG/park-open time? We only have the one day at DHS and only until about 5pm-ish. After we arrive, go thru bag check, and tap in, would there be sufficient time and GET/GR members available to secure a DAS return time for DS7? There's no way that he could handle waiting so long in the morning to be near the front for a RD ride. I don't have experience asking in the past, but I am assuming that we cannot get that done the evening before in MK for the next day, so that leaves us requesting in the relatively short window between entering DHS and getting ready for BG process. Are they swamped that early? I do presume that they would definitely be very busy immediately AFTER opening with BG related questions. Thoughts?

Thanks!!
You will still need to get a Boarding Group through the ap on your phone.
You will need to be in the park at the official opening time but can find a spot away from the crowd.
After you get your Bg go to Guest Relations to get your DAS
With the DAS you still need to wait until your Bg is called. Once at the ride you will show your DAS and go through the Fast pass line.
You can sign up for the DAS at any of the parks and it’s good for the length of your trip at all the parks

Last edited:
Saw they were loading BGs again around 10:25am. Tapped in using recovery FP for earlier evacuation at 10:35am. Off ride at 11am. Fantastic ride, definitely worth the early morning! Thanks again to everyone for your help.

DH used his Samsung phone, used T-mobile data. We were held near ToT without too big of a crowd. He had a clock and when it hit 7am on the dot, he opened the MDE app (it was previously closed around 6:55am). He clicked on “Find Out More” on the front page and the “Join BG” button was red. Got us BG16. I used my iPhone X, also on T-mobile data, had the app already open by 7am. Had to toggle back and forth twice between pages to get the “Join BG” button to go red, and my DH had gotten them by the time I selected everyone in the party. Hope this helps!

That is when we are there as well and that Monday is our DHS day (my thinking was day after the EMH day would be lower crowds but I probably outthought myself)

Anyway, really hoping they move opening to be earlier so that a) fewer people getting up to be there for opening and b) so can try to get FP for Slinky Dog for these new park hours since we weren't able to get one
Personally I'd choose Sat or Mon over EMH Sunday too, EMH is sure to crank up the crowds. And Monday seems better than Sat as many coming over the holiday weekend are likely to plan HS earlier in their trip. You just never know with the mysterious outcomes at WDW... but sounds like a solid plan!

Goodluck with those SDD FPs, and BG :D

You will still need to get a Boarding Group through the ap on your phone.
You will need to be in the park at the official opening time but can find a spot away from the crowd.
After you get your Bg go to Guest Relations to get your DAS
With the DAS you still need to wait until your Bg is called. Once at the ride you will show your DAS and go through the Fast pass line.
I'm sorry, again, I wasn't clear enough. I did not mean about return time for RotR. I meant a return time for another ride. We would be in the park early enough to secure a BG, and we would already have his DAS pass secured from the prior day, BUT we will NOT be able to get to DHS a couple hours early in order to RD SDD or MF (both of which he wants to do). So, we would need to secure a return time for one. My question was: would there be availability for us to see a GET CM between tapping in and official park opening (BG securing time) for us to get a return time for SDD or MFSR? Or are they already too busy during this time?

Again I'm sorry I wasn't clear and I hope I didn't leave out any other details that may leave others confused regarding intent of question.

I'm sorry, again, I wasn't clear enough. I did not mean about return time for RotR. I meant a return time for another ride. We would be in the park early enough to secure a BG, and we would already have his DAS pass secured from the prior day, BUT we will NOT be able to get to DHS a couple hours early in order to RD SDD or MF (both of which he wants to do). So, we would need to secure a return time for one. My question was: would there be availability for us to see a GET CM between tapping in and official park opening (BG securing time) for us to get a return time for SDD or MFSR? Or are they already too busy during this time?

Again I'm sorry I wasn't clear and I hope I didn't leave out any other details that may leave others confused regarding intent of question.
You get return times for DAS at the attractions as far af i know, not from GR or GET

Bright Suns everyone!

My family and I will be at DHS Thursday (can't wait)! I’ve read I think all 230 pages. In any case, is there any consensus on which method is the preferred method for getting a BG?

Method 1 - Refresh Method
Go into the My Status section and keep swiping down which causes a refresh until you can click the Join button.

Method 2 - Back arrow
Clicking Find Out More, then clicking the left back button and clicking find out more again until you can click the Join button.

I did a live test this morning at 6:58am and found that Method 1 worked perfectly. At 7:00 on the dot, I saw the Join button. However in watching videos, several people have had issues with slow refresh and I wonder if in the congestion of the network traffic (both Cell and WiFi) method 2 works better at DHS while method 1 works better from home.

I’d appreciate the advice and council of some of you who have actually done it there.

Thank you,

You get return times for DAS at the attractions as far af i know, not from GR or GET
That at least USED to be the case, prior to the floating GET teams and GR umbrella kiosk locations. I thought that since these groups have arrived, they can do those also, at least for the first selection of a day.

That at least USED to be the case, prior to the floating GET teams and GR umbrella kiosk locations. I thought that since these groups have arrived, they can do those also, at least for the first selection of a day.
Not that i know of. Hopefully someone has tried and has a clear answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter