• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
1:30 - Flight landed at MCO
3:30 - DME drop-off at ASMu
5:50 - Boarded bus at ASMu
5:59 - Arrived at DHS
6:05 - Through security and in line about 10 people back from ticket booths.
6:32 - Line started moving
6:44 - Tapped into the park
7:01 - Started trying to join a BG (had the app open before 7:00 and the “Join” button finally turned red at 7:01). It kept saying one person in our party wasn’t in the park. I restarted the app twice without any luck and then we found a CM.
7:03 - CM assigned us to BG 84.

:faint:

We have a FP for SDD so we headed for TSMM. Arrived at 7:12 with a posted 25 minute wait, and we’re about to board now.

Last edited:
Well I got here at 5:36 this morning and tapped in at 6:35. At exactly 7 I tried getting my BG and of course, my phone had issues because my WiFi was off. So I got 69 when people next to me got way early. It’s now 7:48 and I keep checking too see which groups are being called and I can’t see anything on my app. Have they not started calling groups yet?

Well I got here at 5:36 this morning and tapped in at 6:35. At exactly 7 I tried getting my BG and of course, my phone had issues because my WiFi was off. So I got 69 when people next to me got way early. It’s now 7:48 and I keep checking too see which groups are being called and I can’t see anything on my app. Have they not started calling groups yet?
No boarding groups have been called yet.

Left ASMo by car at 6:12, parked and through bag check at 6:31. Through far right tapstyles at 6:46. Got BG 40. Though still not loading BGs yet.. worried it will impact rest of the day plans.

Woke up at 5:15. Wife/Son/Me get ready. In line at skylift @ Pop Century @ 6:30. Lift opens @ 6:45 and smooth ride to CBR, switch lifts easily and straight to HS. Walk right through security and 5 min wait to tap in. About 7:05. App won't recognize my son so I refreshed like 8 times and finally worked. BG 83.

We got to HS around 6:30, no bags. Went to the far right and got through the tapstyles around 6:45. We both had the boarding groups open at 7 trying to get in, but they didn’t open the groups right at 7 on the dot- it was a little after (maybe 30 seconds?). Ended up with BG 21 this time, impatiently awaiting for them to start calling groups so we can ride and go back to the hotel

I just asked a CM and got the standard vague response. He said he can “almost guarantee” that they’ll have the ride up and running “at some point today.”:confused:

So much for going back to resort for a nap at that pace :(

This is the first major downtime in a while. Looks like they may have picked the wrong day to expand the initial groups, although there's still plenty of buffer if the ride gets opened soon.

This is the first major downtime in a while. Looks like they may have picked the wrong day to expand the initial groups, although there's still plenty of buffer if the ride gets opened soon.

That’s because I’m here haha, it’s typical this happens when I show up! :rotfl2:

Did a different strategy today, took bus from POP and got to HS at 636am. Security was empty and walked thru with no bags. Got in line towards the right side as lines were smaller but still very long, and was past ticket booth areas. Got tapped into park at 653am. And VQ opened at 7 am and I got BG 15. Awesome. Didn’t have to get here super early and just needed to be in park tapped in before 7 and got a great BG.
For those of you in the park at 7am to grab a BG, what do you do from there? How crowded is the park after the initial crowd held at the front disperses?

We have two little kids (4 and 6) and our priorities are all the things in GE and TSL. Would love advice on how to structure our early am hours.

We are here. BG 24. We arrived at 6:05 in parking lot, were in line about 6:15, tapped in about 6:45. I hope it gets going soon, like everyone else that is here. I will say we had 3 people trying to get a BG on 3 phones, 2 iOS and 1 android, all 3 using same login on MDE. It just seemed like luck of the draw as to when the button activated, it took about 40 seconds, 45 and 60 across the 3.

For those of you in the park at 7am to grab a BG, what do you do from there? How crowded is the park after the initial crowd held at the front disperses?

We have two little kids (4 and 6) and our priorities are all the things in GE and TSL. Would love advice on how to structure our early am hours.
The mass of people went to Star Wars area. There is also a large group that went to TSL. We sat on a park bench for a few to wait for the crowds to pass and then made our way to GE at our own pace and had a reservation at Oga’s. Just finished there and just sitting in GE now. We have BG 15 so don’t think we should leave the park as once they start calling groups we should be let on quickly...

What I’ve done with the BG process , once it hits 7am I get on app and immediately close it out and get back in it and both times when I’ve done that and pressed join boarding group I’ve gotten BG 15. It’s probably just luck but both times I did that and got same BG. Literally once 7 hits I get in the app and then immediately shut it down and get back into it and proceed with joint boarding group. I’ve been on LTE on my apple phone today and the other day I used disney WiFi. Also both times we were in the park for a good five minutes before 7 hit so I don’t know if having some time in the park after you tap in helps the system recognize your party is all in park. There is only two of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter