Ramada Maingate vs. Fairfield Inn

We are staying at the Ramada in October, so I can't say form experience how it is, but reading the reviews it seems that they have been more positive since the remodel started, and a lot of their negative come from pre-remodel and in non remodeled rooms.

I follow them on Facebook and they are SO kind and so helpful. They answer your questions quick, and will help with most anything. They also have trivia and games on their facebook page where you can get discounts off your room. They also run new specials on their rates every month or so. We stayed at the BWPPI last time, and the Ramada was super close to that, and the BWPPI was basically as close to the pedestrian entrance as we could be.
The pool looks like a ton of fun, and people on their facebook page reiterate that.

I'm really excited for our stay there, just based off their facebook page (The friendliness, helpfulness, pictures, and reviews of other guests.)

We've stayed at the Ramada twice in the last year, and I am responsible for two of those great reviews on tripadvisor. We had fabulous experiences both times, getting good deals (the 25% off prepay special plus a coupon from tripadvisor) on a remodeled room.

We've never stayed at the Fairfield, but I'd venture to say that their rooms are probably nicer, and certainly larger, than the rooms at the Ramada. Plus with that sleeper sofa, you can sleep five in one room without smooshing in a rollaway.

We've always had good luck with the Ramada breakfast. Nothing spectacular but definitely enough to get us rolling in the morning.

The Ramada pool is perfect for kids. My daughters love it! I like that it's zero-depth entry, so my not-so-great swimmers can swim without me having to get in.

Love that parking and wifi are free, and no additional resort charges at the Ramada. They'll give you late check-out based on availability, too. We've also received early check-in. Plus, the staff are some of the friendliest people around.

They also offer coupons on their facebook page, which could get you an extra discount on your room.

The walk to the parks is VERY close and easy, even with little kids.

Good luck!

Does staying at either of these locations entitle you to Magic Mornings? I'll only be staying one night with a 2 day park hopper, which doesn't include the early entry on the ticket itself.

If so, do I just show the room key with my ticket?

Thanks

Matt

Does staying at either of these locations entitle you to Magic Mornings? I'll only be staying one night with a 2 day park hopper, which doesn't include the early entry on the ticket itself.

If so, do I just show the room key with my ticket?

Thanks

Matt

No. You need to stay onsite, Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel, or Grand Californian to get the hotel magic morning benefit.

Thanks, I thought I had read that some of the Good Neighbor hotels also got MM.

If you book certain packages with good neighbor hotels, you can get one MM entry. For example, my family booked 6 day park hoppers and a hotel stay at FFI through Costco and we get one MM which is printed on the back of our park hopper tickets.

If you book certain packages with good neighbor hotels, you can get one MM entry. For example, my family booked 6 day park hoppers and a hotel stay at FFI through Costco and we get one MM which is printed on the back of our park hopper tickets.

It's not the package that gets this for you. 3-day or longer tickets (a few exceptions exist such as promo military tickets) come with one MM whether bought a la carte or as part of a package. PP has a 2-day ticket which does not come with an MM and PP is not staying onsite so does not have access to MM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter