Ramada Inn Resort Maingate

janetm

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed at or drove by this hotel? It looks nice from the website. Rack rate was $110.00 and I got a price of 45.00 for spring break off of hotelkingdom.com. It says it is a 1/2 mile from MK entrance which I know is not convenient for the rest of the park? I thought I had a 71.00 rate, but they had me at the wrong hotel!!!!

I just don't want to end up at a dump when I am really uncertain about staying offsite anyway.

Thanks for all your input.

Janet

Welcome to DIS!

I've heard some mixed reviews of this place. You may want to use the Search facility and type in "Ramada Maingate" and see what comes up. I know that people have talked about this hotel before.

I've also heard mixed reviews on it. My brother stayed there and wasn't happy.

What was wrong with it? Was it dirty? I saw a review that it was an old hotel, but clean. We won't be there much, but if it's dirty - that is another story.

I stayed there last year and I'm not incredibly picky but it was a dump. It is very run down and the rooms were in bad shape. I had no hot water for 2 days (was comped 1), the deadbolt on the door was broke, the remote was broke, and the traffic at this location was terrible and it was incredibly noisy. They advertise a fitness room and the equipment looks like something you would see sitting in someones garage collecting dust. I hope you can find something better, I love to save a buck but this hotel almost ruined a great vacation.

My experience with the Ramada chain in general has been terrible. We are forced to stay at one when attend my wife's family reunions and dread the trip ever year just because of the hotel stay that we have awaiting us. There are many better choices in the Orlando/Kissimee/Lake Buena Vista area than the Ramada/Days Inn/Econolodge chains.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I also learned to do the search on the boards and decided I did not want to stay there! After a few days of driving my family crazy and going insane.....I booked a room at Comfort Suites Maingate East. We got a 1 bedroom suite through www.hotelkingdom.com for $99.00 the first 2 nights and 75.60 the next four. We are there during peak season so I figured that to be a good price. I had a friend stay there and said it was very nice and very close. I did have to pay 10.90 to have my ressie changed, but think it was worth it at this point. I did get a much cheaper rate than advertised on their website.

Thank you again for all your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter