Rafiki's Planet Watch reopens July 11th.

Interesting. I hope it sticks around. Would love to do this in November since we just miss it in July.

Any idea if the petting zoo is coming back? Or at what point the FP is for (before/after train ride)?

I'm so glad to hear this will be opening back up. I hope it is still open the first couple of weeks in September when we are there. We always stop here. I have a great picture of my son from previous years standing beside a hawk - a very memorable moment.

This is cool. Not only are they bringing the Animation Academy back, but I always appreciated the Planet Watch area. I finally caught a veterinary procedure a couple of trips back, and it was awesome. I learned all about this beautiful vulture and saw it up close (sedated) as it was going to have a small growth removed from it's foot. That's how I learned that this particular bird, a Ruppell's Gryphon Vulture, can fly up to 37,000 feet in the air. That's insane!

This is cool. Not only are they bringing the Animation Academy back, but I always appreciated the Planet Watch area. I finally caught a veterinary procedure a couple of trips back, and it was awesome. I learned all about this beautiful vulture and saw it up close (sedated) as it was going to have a small growth removed from it's foot. That's how I learned that this particular bird, a Ruppell's Gryphon Vulture, can fly up to 37,000 feet in the air. That's insane!
okay not to steal the thread - but didn't we see in the WoL addition in Epcot that there will be an Animation academy there as well? Don't get me wrong, I love having more than one...but is this a bit redundant?

okay not to steal the thread - but didn't we see in the WoL addition in Epcot that there will be an Animation academy there as well? Don't get me wrong, I love having more than one...but is this a bit redundant?

Well, we know little about what is going into the Play Pavillion. It could be somewhat different - not to mention that it's a few years away. I assume the AK version will focus specifically on animal characters, so maybe the other will focus more on human-like ones.

I was excited to see this! We will be there July 21. AND I booked a fast pass earlier for this. Note it is not a 1 hour window. Fast pass says show up from 9:40-9:55. So only a 15 minute window.

I'm looking forward to finding out what changes they've made that justified them closing it for so many months. I'm sure the Animation class isn't the only change.

I don't see having a similar attraction in two different parks as being redundant. If both were in one park, that would be redundant.

Well, we know little about what is going into the Play Pavillion. It could be somewhat different - not to mention that it's a few years away. I assume the AK version will focus specifically on animal characters, so maybe the other will focus more on human-like ones.

Plus this article talked about how this was connected to the Lion King anniversary - made me think this is not a permanent thing (but perhaps will depending on how popular it is and what they do with Rafiki's Planet watch long term)

Plus this article talked about how this was connected to the Lion King anniversary - made me think this is not a permanent thing (but perhaps will depending on how popular it is and what they do with Rafiki's Planet watch long term)
Yeah this doesn't feel long term to me. WoL isn't reopening this year so I don't see it as issue.

I'm looking forward to finding out what changes they've made that justified them closing it for so many months. I'm sure the Animation class isn't the only change.
It was a neat area, but a little underwhelming unless they were doing a procedure on an animal. Hope they added some cool interactive activities.

I don't see having a similar attraction in two different parks as being redundant. If both were in one park, that would be redundant.
But Dumbo, Flying Carpets, and Astro Orbiter are in completely different lands and not redundant.

But Dumbo, Flying Carpets, and Astro Orbiter are in completely different lands and not redundant.

Ehhh, they kind of are. Or at least the Flying Carpets are. Astro Orbiter is a little more thrilling than Dumbo because of the height, so in my opinion, at least, those two are different enough to not be redundant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter