Quotes for my classroom

Help Please!

Mouseketeer
Hi. :wave2: I teach elementary music. I have a very high ceiling and a lot of high wall space that is empty. I want to get large canvases and paint a few inspirational quotes to put up there. Trying to pick the perfect ones is hard! Here's what I'm looking for

-Something to encourage kids who do not have a lot of support at home, something to remind them that they are unique and special

-Something about perseverance/ not giving up/ doing hard things (like playing the violin! ha!)

-Something about kindness/ always doing the right thing/ etc

-Something related to music

I usually love looking up this kind of stuff, but for some reason I am just DONE tonight! Anyone want to help out with their favorite quotes, or ideas? I'd appreciate it! :)

Music can change the world
because it can change people."
~ Bono, U2~

This might be over their heads but one of my favorite music quotes is:

I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but most importantly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning." -Plato

I thought this one was good.

"Where words fail, music speaks." Hans Christian Andersen

I don't know how well this would work for kids, but here are some.

“I don’t sing because I’m happy, I’m happy because I sing.” – William James
“If everyone started off the day singing, just think how happy they’d be.” – Lauren Myracle
“Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” – Emory Austin
“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.” –Victor Hugo
“If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing.” – J.M. Barrie
“The only thing better than singing, is more singing.” –Ella Fitzgerald
“Why fit in when you were born to stand out.” – Dr Seuss
“All our dreams can come true… if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney

I get by with a little help from my friends. - The Beatles, Little Help From My Friends

I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love. The Beatles

My way - Sinatra. There are a few good verses you void quote.

“All you need is love.”
― John Lennon

I get by with a little help from my friends. John Lennon

“You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one.”
― John Lennon

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.”

― John Lennon

"And even if the whole world has forgotten, the song remembers when." ("The Song Remembers When", Trisha Yearwood)

“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”
(Albert Einstein)

“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” (Plato)

"Promise me you'll always remember: you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think" - A.A. Milne

"If you dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - Disney

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Suess

"When words leave off, music begins" - Heinrich Heine

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going - Helen Keller

William Barclay
There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why.

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
e. e. cummings

10. The best way to predict your future is to create it.  Abraham Lincoln

Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled This could change your life.
-Helen Exley

Ana

I love quotes and I love quote threads. Whenever I am looking for quotes I somehow always end up finding Dr. Seuss!

“I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.”
― Dr. Seuss

"A person's a person, no matter how small.”
― Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who!

“You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?”
― Dr. Seuss

“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”
― Dr. Seuss

"Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway."

"Those who wish to sing always find a song."

"It's not how good you are. It's how good you want to be."
Paul Arden

"“I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I cant change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”
― Charles de Lint

“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.”
― Booker T. Washington

"It's not about being the best, it's about being better than you were yesterday."

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."

"Before you talk, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you quit, try."

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says I'm possible!"

"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."

"Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you ever imagined."

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison

I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. Robert H. Schuller

Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th. Julie Andrews

Practice means to perform, over and over again in the face of all obstacles, some act of vision, of faith, of desire. Practice is a means of inviting the perfection desired. Martha Graham

How about the Mily Cyrus song "The Climb"

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

nothing to do with music, but one of my favs is:

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius.

We are the music makers
And we are the dreamers of dreams

Arthur O'Shaughnessy

From Do-Re-Mi: "Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start"

Darn...I had a bunch in my head when I started this reply and now I've forgotten them!! I'll think more...:scratchin

Not related to music, but I think great inspiration for kids:

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." - Dr. Seuss

My daughter is a middle school teacher. She just put up a poster that said:

Every day, in every way, I am responsible for me!

Wow, you all are amazing!!! :thumbsup2 I haven't even read all of the responses yet, but the ones I have read are great! Some of the quotes I am familiar with, but there are many that I haven't seen before or didn't think of. I have my posterboard and giant markers ready, I'm going to put them on white posterboard with a black border, and a big colorful picture that ties into the quote on each poster.

I'm going to go back and read all of your ideas now...I'm so excited! :woohoo::hug::banana::goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter