Quiet places in Disney to study

Capelm25

Earning My Ears
My family is going on a huge family celebration trip, as all my siblings are graduating different programs, colleges, etc all at the same time. During this trip unfortunately, I'm going to be studying for an entrance exam for my profession. Since I have to study for a couple of hours a day, each day, does anyone know of any quiet places I could possibly go to. I am staying at AKL, I know the hotel itself is quiet, but I don't want to hangout in the lobby each day.

This would be a challenge, if you' re looking for places in the parks themselves. In that case, "quiet" is a relative thing. Tom Sawyer Island or the path between Tomorrowland and the former Toontown are somewhat quiet, though they're outdoors, which could mean hot or rainy. The area around Universe of Energy and the old Wonders of Life pavillion are less hectic than other parts of Epcot. At Animal Kingdom, the path that goes between the Tree of Life and the walkway to Harambe is quiet, but I don't recall anywhere to sit.

One possibility is going to a nearby resort - the public area of the second floor of the Contemporary is quite quiet, for example. And there are little alcoves in the hallways of the Beach Club that are rather quiet during the day - particularly when you're not on the ground floor.

The most conducive areas for what you want are probably be the child care centers, but I don't know if you'd be welcome to sit there for extended periods.

Others may have better ideas, but my general suggestion is to be creative, especially if you know the parks and resorts well.

AKL has some great sitting areas on different floor besides the lobby. The architect who designed it is really known for that. Wilderness Lodge, which he designed as well, also has some great quiet sitting areas and has a boat from MK if you want to do some exploring before studying.
At AKL Jambo House there is also a courtyard where you can overlook animals, or the main pool courtyard, but it might be a little noisier. Finally you could walk or take a bus over to Kidani where there are some more sitting and observation areas, so at least you'll have variety.

You'll find your resort pool quiet in the morning but loud in the afternoon.

On a past trip, I had studying to do but the only place I could study, without being distracted, was in my resort room. We were staying at POR and I tried to study outside but found myself looking at the beauty of the resort.

Two of my sons have had to study while at Disney. They just studied in the room. I think it would be hard to concentrate anywhere outside because there is so much going on all the time.

In DHS, there is a book store/coffee shop that would be a great place to spend a few hours sipping a hot drink, munching on a carrot cake cookie, and studying.

Last edited:
This is not very convenient from AKL BUT I have to recommend the Solarium at the Beach Club. It is a lovely quiet room that I think hardly anyone knows about. But it might not be private and people can walk through. I'd recommend a pair of noise cancelling headphones and then you can study just about anywhere!

Just stay in your resort room when everybody else is at the parks. I know that I would be distracted just about anywhere else on the Disney property. It will be quiet and when you are done you can go and meet up with them. Cheers!!!

I agree with studying in your room. I would be distracted by every last thing if I was out in the lobby or even in one of the quieter areas. Too much to just take in and enjoy and I'm a people watcher LOL!

My first choice would be my room for the quiet and privacy and not lugging my computer/books around with me. I really wouldn't leave the hotel.

AKL does have lots of seating in different spots throughout hotel but I would def check out the Sunset Overlook "quiet sitting area" next the the front desk. Enclosed space. When we have gone in it has been mostly quiet and empty. (Scroll down and you'll see it) http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/07/animal_kingdom_lodge_jambo_hou_1.html

Also the Victoria Lounge area is very nice and doesn't open until 4. We've been able to walk into it and there are several cozy quiet sitting spots with tables. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/victoria-falls-lounge/

Either in your room, or one of the many off the beaten path spots around AKL! There are even some outside!!! Not sure how much studying I would get done with the giraffe walking by though.

I agree with the posters about the quiet areas at AKL, especially the Sunset overlook room. There are sometimes activities in there in the evenings (we went to a cultural safari presentation in there), but most of the time it's pretty quiet. As others have said, AKL is great since it has several overlook areas and small nooks that often go unnoticed. I've seen plenty of people in the Victoria Falls lounge area in the evenings, but it's usually completely empty there when I've passed by in the daytime. And the pool area is pretty empty in the mornings as well.

We were at AKL for one of our trips that my son had to study for a class in college he was missing while on vacation. He tried the different areas of the resort but was too distracted. He ended up doing his work in the room. We would either hang out at the resort (not in room) waiting for him to get done or he would meet up with us at the park when he was finished for the day.

My family is going on a huge family celebration trip, as all my siblings are graduating different programs, colleges, etc all at the same time. During this trip unfortunately, I'm going to be studying for an entrance exam for my profession. Since I have to study for a couple of hours a day, each day, does anyone know of any quiet places I could possibly go to. I am staying at AKL, I know the hotel itself is quiet, but I don't want to hangout in the lobby each day.

Oh, this one saddens me to no end.....

Capelm25.... I hold a PHd in Analytical Chemistry. So I get studying.... did this for a VERY long time. I'm qualified to be one of your Prof's.

First - I would encourage you to find a way to AVOID this, at WDW, IF YOU CAN.... the "if you can" depends on when your exams are, in relation to your trip. Sometimes? This can not be helped.... :(.

The LOBBY of any hotel is horrible for this task - too much traffic. And it's likely you'll need NET access.... which is pretty rotten in the pool areas (though the far periphery of a pool area CAN be a very quiet place).

So - best place? Aside from the visit from a Mousekeeper, which you will get - I would suggest your room. Just about EVERYONE will bail from the hotel during the day - it should be quiet, you should have decent wireless access, and you won't get bothered all that much.... All this will work - but I still feel sorry for you :(. Now - don't cram.... it doesn't work, and gave me a C+ in Quantum Mechanics as an undergrad :). Sometimes, it's a GOOD thing to just have a vacation :).

are any of the quiet spaces a good area for telecommuting as well? In case I need to put some hours in while the family explores. Are the business centers decent, or will I be traveling off site?

The best place to study is at the Wilderness Lodge. They even have desks along with comfy furniture and fireplaces. The quiet areas are located on several different floors but the biggest and best one is right over the main entrance door. :)

Last edited:
Morning and middle of the day (say before 3 pm) - you'll find lots of quiet places around AKL outside of your room as others have mentioned. Personally, I would be distracted as all get out by the surroundings, but it's doable.

I've gone to a family gathering the past 3 years during a time I needed to be putting in some work hours. We were at a state park resort where you could only get internet access in PUBLIC places. Each day - I found that after breakfast with the family - I could easily find a couple hours of quiet to do some work - then join up with others. Late afternoon, though, was not quiet! More people around. One year, when they went out on a hike leaving from a different resort area - I hung out at that resort's lounge (that was open, but empty). I ordered some food and drink at a variety of times while there - and the server checked on me on occasion - we even chatted about what I was doing - but they really didn't care. They had to be at work and working whether I was there or not. I left a very large tip when I left!

The CL lounge at AKL would be decent if you are staying CL level. I find sitting at restaurant bars and coffee spots were my favorite study places (2 bachelors, 2 masters, and one doctorate) - Saana comes to mind. Depending on time of year, quiet pools might work, but I would be very hesitant with going to a park, even if some of the quieter spots in Epcot and AK sound tempting. Studying in a hotel room makes me too stir crazy.

My ultimate vacation study zone though? The spa. The one at AKL is ho-hum, but Mandara at the Dolphin is a very chill place without much distraction. Generally if you are not getting a treatment, there is a fee to use the facilities, but who doesn't need unlimited tea and a trip to the sauna during study breaks?

Best of success!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter