Quick tip for Newbie car renters

lindsmom

DIS Veteran
Hello! I've appreciated all the wonderful tips I've gotten from the DIS, so I wanted to pass this on to those of you who haven't rented before:

I was looking for a rental 4/18 - 4/25. Best deal I was looking at was BJs discount w/ Free day coupon (also from BJs). We wanted to be on airport for convenience, midsize or better. Our total was approx. $193 from Alamo. I wasn't thrilled, but that's what I was looking at compared to $240 National, more @ Hertz etc.

HOWEVER, (and here's the tip) I re - checked our flight times. I had originally put the HOURS as noon to noon (convenient for filling the form, fell into our travel times). But due to our exact flight times we could drop the car @ 11:00 am (seriously - one hour difference!). That ONE HOUR difference changed our rates from $233 for the week to $100! :eek:

We ended up booking BJ's rates (which gave us free add'l driver) and coupon AD1336ADK from mousesavers.com, full size car incl. taxes is costing us $127.

So here's the (sorry took so long) tip: double or triple check your flight times - you're supposed to be @ MCO two hours early, so you know you're dropping your car then. Don't reserve extra time if you're not going to need it - you may be shocked by the $ savings!

Hope this helps any newbies out there!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter