Quick FW updates

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
Here at the Fort now, arrived Saturday, will be here until Monday.

The Meadow Snack Bar is closed during the pool refurb.

1400 loop is closed for upgrades.

There is a LOT of work being done all over the Fort.

600 loop just reopened either last night or this morning. The new electrical posts have been installed and still offer both 30 and 50 amp plugins. 1/2 of the sites still have the old water hookups but the other half have the water spigot in the new electrical post, no green hose for the cast members.
18859CB0-FB26-4C35-8FE8-75FE82318C16.jpeg8971C73B-8212-45BE-BA83-2E4D9A382B8D.jpegB8C0DCC9-2B88-46A5-9EE1-09683D770AF0.jpeg

900 loop already has the new electrical posts but I didn’t notice the water hookups there.

I’ll try to check out the status of the wagon rides tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks for sharing the pics, @proudmomof4 .

It's no longer the themed stump for water and power. Now it's a utilitarian, plain power post. Like any new rv campground.

The Fort is losing its charm and uniqueness bit by bit, drop by drop. But sure, they will keep charging more.

Ed

PS - Disney has to cut costs/expenses because while the theme park operations throw off cash, they have to prop up the Disney+ streaming operations which lost 2 MILLION customers in 4Q22:

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/d...st-savings-after-disappointing-streaming-subs

and the movie side which has been losing money. Wasn't this easy to predict? :teacher:

Last edited:
@bama_ed i walked through 900 loop again, they still have the stumps with water hookups and the green hose.

Oh so some new posts have water and power (like 600) and some have just power (900) with water on the old stumps? I think I understand. At least they are leaving some.

Sorta like once they started removing Musket Mickey from the scene, he remained on a few garbage cans until he left those. Then the checkers table in the Meadow Training Post was the last vestige that I know of. Now it's gone.

I'm just nostalgic. Thanks for the clarification.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter